Help plan our trip

We are going to Tokyo Disney for two nights - April 27th and April 28th. Where should we stay? Where can we get the best deal? Any other advice is appreciated!

Re: Help plan our trip

Two Questions:

1. Do you want to stay in a Disney hotel, on Tokyo Bay or in Tokyo in general?
    2. How much do you want to spend a night?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Check out websites Expedia and hotel for the best vaule prices for hotels around Tokyo. Unless you have deep pockets and don't mind paying the high prices don't stay onsite at Disney, as its just not worth it. With Tokyo's excellent trains you can find yourself at the Resort within minutes from many locations around Tokyo.

• Minion

I think any Disney fan should stay at a Disney hotel just for the experience of being immersed in a well themed environment, but that's just me. Disney hotels are all part of the experience for me, making sure the magic never ends.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Cool Re: Help plan our trip

Hi

I agree with TDR_Fan, it's a big part of the experience to be immersed all the time with Disney theme, so if you can, go with a Disney Hotel (although booking a room in TDR is a tad difficult for a non-japanese people, if you ask me).

That being said, last year we stayed at the Hilton, at Tokyo Bay, and it was very good indeed.

-Pete

• Banned User

I wouldn't mind paying to stay at a Disney hotel in Tokyo if I felt the price was worth it. But I seriously don't and feel its a rip off. A hotel room is for sleeping in only, so who cares what the view is like. You have to pay additional cost for use of the swiming pool etc. The hotel has plenty of eye candy for sure but if you visit Japan you really should be making the most of your limited time here, and spending it around a over priced hotel isn't one of them. So many on here complain that a trip to Tokyo is expensive and there possibly can't aford it, which I think is rubish if you look online you can get some very good deals just by choosing another hotel, with the same star rating. I recently stayed at the Kieo Plaza which offered fantastic views of the Tokyo skyline, for a fraction of the cost, and was than able to aford another trip to Disneyland Resort Paris.

Malin, you are right about the prices at TDR hotels compared to prices in downtown Tokyo. Our roomrate at Ambassador will be almost double compared to our roomrate at Park Hotel.

But still, I really think that it's justified to pay that extra and stay at Disney hotel, it's really not about the view or anything rational like that...it's about the feel, I don't know, my limited skills in english prevent me from explaining it any better

-Pete

• Banned User

Hi PeeKooAaa I don't fault you for booking for the Ambassador if its what you enjoy. All I'm trying to do is help promote cheaper alternatives to people who would love to visit Japan and the TDR but are a bit put off by the high prices. When I've visited before I've had a fantastic time with out staying at a Disney hotel and feel other people would as well. The fact I never stayed in a room over looking the Med harbour didn't ruin the experience for me at all. I stayed all the way in Shinjuku but was still able to pick up the Resorts information channel, as well as get information on park hours etc and free transportation from my hotel to the park gates. The overall attitude around here is that there is only one place to stay in Tokyo and its simply not the case. No offense but I get sick of people coming on here saying how much there love to visit the TDR but don't due to the high prices, when Tokyo is full how many cheaper options all within easy reach of the Resort that really won't cost you that much.

I usually stay at hotels $60-80 a night that are within 10-15min from the Resort.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Thanks for the great responses so far. I really don't have a budget (i.e. would spend whatever if it was worth it) but I am a bargain hunter. After a little research I am thinking Hilton in Tokyo Bay because we don't expect to use the room except for sleeping while at Disney. Any advise in Tokyo itself would be helpful. Which of the luxury hotels, if any, are really worth it? I can get corporate rates at the following, any thoughts on these? Thanks in advance:

Grand Hyatt Tokyo
    6-10-3 Roppongi, Minato-Ku
    Tokyo, Japan 106-0032
    Tel: 81 3 4333 1234
    Fax: 81 3 4333 8123

ANA Hotel Tokyo
    12-33 Akasaka 1-chome
    Tokyo, Japan 107-0052
    Tel: 81 3 3505 1111
    Fax: 81 3 3505 1155

Hotel Okura Tokyo
    2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato-Ku
    Tokyo, Japan 105-8416
    Tel: 81 3 3582 0111
    Fax: 81 3 3582 3707

Hotel Villa Fontaine
    1-6-2 Roppongi, Minato-Ku
    Tokyo, Japan 106-0032
    Tel: 81 3 3560 1110
    Fax: 81 3 3560 1388

Hotel Okura in Toranomon or the ANA Hotel in Akasaka would put you about a 5 to 7-minute taxi ride to the Keiyo* Line platform at Tokyo Station. The Roppongi hotels are a bit further away.

* Keiyo Line is the train line to Maihama Station where TDR is located.
    JoeInJpn

We are going to stay in Tokyo Bay for our visits to Disney. For general sightseeing in and around Tokyo, which of these hotels (if any) would be good?

Toranomon and Akasaka are neighboring districts with great subway access and centrally located. However, they are mainly government buildings and overseas company offices there, so it can get quiet on weekends.

Roppongi is also centrally-located and has pretty good subway access. Since it is the most popular nighttime location in the city and has newer entertainment/shopping complexes, it is pretty active nightly.

For a first-time visitor to Tokyo, from these four hotels, I would stay at one of the Roppongi sites.
    JoeInJpn

Don't worry Malin, I know excatly what you are saying

Pete

It's true that Disney hotels are somewhat more expensive than other hotels, but besides the experience, and the atmosphere, there are a bunch of other benefits.

from the website :
    1.Obtain Park Tickets at the Hotel
    2.Guaranteed Park Admission
    3.Tokyo Disney Resort Information
    4.Convenient Shuttle Bus & Monorail Services
    5.Disney Shopping at the Hotel
    6.Baggage Delivery Service
    7.Shopping Delivery Service
    8.Home Delivery Service
    9.A Great Place to Take a Break

Although some of these are available at the partner and official hotels too.
    You'll have to compare and decide if these factors are worth the cost.

I've stayed at a few disney hotels before and can say that I found the additional cost worth it, esp for my son.

An added perk, which I do not know if it is applicable to TDR is that some disney characters can be found in the hotels for Photo Ops. If you like taking pictures with the characters and if what I read in the reviews are true [characters in the parks are mobbed, thus taking pictures will be hard], then this could be an added plus.

BTW, I am planning a trip to TDR in the autumn and am definitely thinking of staying at the ambassador at least. If I can get one of the cheaper rooms, I might stay at the mira costa.