Best Time to visit TDR

Hi TDR experts

I'm planning a trip to TDR this year and was wondering what's the best time to go. I will be traveling with the wife and 5-yr old son. I basically have a few options.

June : advantage, not so crowded, mid 20 degree c weather. Disadvantage rainy.

Mid Sep : advantage, halloween, good weather. Disadvantage crowds

Mid Nov : advantage x'mas, autumn leaves change colour. Disadvantage cold, crowds.

I'm from singapore, so anything below 10 degree c is cold to me.

So any advice ? Thanks

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Best Time to visit TDR

Hi samshio personally Sept is when I visited and it turned out to be a good time to visit. Weather was warm but not too hot, and Halloween was a blast. Also it was really only TDL that was packed, TDS crowds were far lighter through I don't really recomend TDS to a 5 year old, so much as I would TDL. While TDS has plenty of fun shows, as well as Sinbad and Mermaid Lagoon, the rest of the attractions are aimed more towards teens and adults, which sadly is one of the parks biggest faults, from my view point.

But saying this I don't wish to put you off visiting TDS either, I would if I was you visit during a quiet period like June, as while you'll miss out on Halloween, but it will give you more time to enjoy the attractions without waiting too long. It will also give you a chance to enjoy some of the 25th Anniversary stuff like the new day time parade.
    Last edited by Malin; 01-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.

• Banned User

If you do not want to deal with crowds or cold, then go during the 1st and 2nd week in September... after the summer rush is over and just before the Halloween event rush begins. Weather should be decent then.

• Sea Creature

Light rain really doesn't hurt anyone's experience. If you're staying in Japan for a while, you can watch weather reports in order to avoid the rain, that's what I do and I always visit in June and July.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Hi samshio personally Sept is when I visited and it turned out to be a good time to visit. Weather was warm but not too hot, and Halloween was a blast. Also it was really only TDL that was packed, TDS crowds were far lighter through I don't really recomend TDS to a 5 year old, so much as I would TDL. While TDS has plenty of fun shows, as well as Sinbad and Mermaid Lagoon, the rest of the attractions are aimed more towards teens and adults, which sadly is one of the parks biggest faults, from my view point.

But saying this I don't wish to put you off visiting TDS either, I would if I was you visit during a quiet period like June, as while you'll miss out on Halloween, but it will give you more time to enjoy the attractions without waiting too long. It will also give you a chance to enjoy some of the 25th Anniversary stuff like the new day time parade.

Great advice. I was planning on both TDR and TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Light rain really doesn't hurt anyone's experience. If you're staying in Japan for a while, you can watch weather reports in order to avoid the rain, that's what I do and I always visit in June and July.

how bad are the rains in June ?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If you do not want to deal with crowds or cold, then go during the 1st and 2nd week in September... after the summer rush is over and just before the Halloween event rush begins. Weather should be decent then.
    This is a good idea. when does the halloween event start ? 12 Sept ?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    This is a good idea. when does the halloween event start ? 12 Sept ?
    Hmmm... yes, usually around the 12th of september, give or take a day or two.

I happened to go to TDR during those periods that you indicated.

June: Least crowded, light rain but not so much of an issue. People start leaving TDR after 6, so you can have the park to yourselves.

Sep: Went during Halloween with my 4 yr old. Crowd still ok, even at TDL.

Mid Nov: Went during Christmas deco. Thur went to TDS, crowd ok, and nearly no queue at night. Next day (Fri) TDL super crowded, Popluar rides are 2 hours and longer. Fastpass not much help. We don't queue for rides that are 45min or longer.

None of these periods have temperature below 10 C (my own experience while there). Even Nov is 13-18C. You should not have problem with the temperature.

My 2 and 4 yr old enjoys TDS, maybe even more than TDL, because of lesser crowd, wider walkway, better food.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    My 2 and 4 yr old enjoys TDS, maybe even more than TDL, because of lesser crowd, wider walkway, better food.
    Tokyo Disneyland actually has wider pathways, but you can hardly tell because it's almost always very crowded. My family enjoys Tokyo DisneySea for the same reasons. More space to walk and relax because of lesser crowds and because the design of the park creates a more intimate and charming atmosphere.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    I happened to go to TDR during those periods that you indicated.

June: Least crowded, light rain but not so much of an issue. People start leaving TDR after 6, so you can have the park to yourselves.

Sep: Went during Halloween with my 4 yr old. Crowd still ok, even at TDL.

Mid Nov: Went during Christmas deco. Thur went to TDS, crowd ok, and nearly no queue at night. Next day (Fri) TDL super crowded, Popluar rides are 2 hours and longer. Fastpass not much help. We don't queue for rides that are 45min or longer.

None of these periods have temperature below 10 C (my own experience while there). Even Nov is 13-18C. You should not have problem with the temperature.

This is very helpful. Thanks a lot

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    how bad are the rains in June ?
    Usually, not too bad however there are usually a couple massive rainstorms in June and July so that is your risk. I've actually never been rained on at TDR in June, that's just luck I suppose. I have been rained on in July though.