Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: TDR Today 17th of January 2008

Has anyone seen Cinderella's Royal Coronation this year?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Has anyone seen Cinderella's Royal Coronation this year?
    Yes, Joe and I just did tonight. Same show as before, but since I can still remember WDW's horrible version way too well.. I can honestly say TDL knocks the ball out of the park with their 5 yr old version. Very colorful and lavish. I loved seeing it again tonight, and after 5 yrs, I am still quite impressed with the Lights of Romance, which will be the Cinderellabration aspect I will miss the most. Simply stunning.

BTW... the Cinderellabration and Season of the heart CDs are already on sale at the parks.

• The Darkness to Light

Which begs the question, why has nobody filmed the light show with the arches? All I've ever seen are pictures and a clip of the finale on YouTube, but never the whole show.

Well, seeing how this is the grand finale, I guess my chances of seeing what the whole show looks like is pretty slim now.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

You've got two months to make it out here. BTW... it's very very cold here tonight. Joe and I were freezing our respective arses out there... Brrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Yes, Joe and I just did tonight. Same show as before, but since I can still remember WDW's horrible version way too well.. I can honestly say TDL knocks the ball out of the park with their 5 yr old version. Very colorful and lavish. I loved seeing it again tonight, and after 5 yrs, I am still quite impressed with the Lights of Romance, which will be the Cinderellabration aspect I will miss the most. Simply stunning.

BTW... the Cinderellabration and Season of the heart CDs are already on sale at the parks.
    Thanks TDLFAN!

Too bad they didn't add a special song to Cinderella's Royal Coronation for the final season.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

You've got two months to make it out here.
    Two months to see what could possibly be the last Castle Show TDL ever does on this scale. Could be an end of an era.

And I agree with jrh1985 it would of been nice to add a new finale song to this show.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Which begs the question, why has nobody filmed the light show with the arches? All I've ever seen are pictures and a clip of the finale on YouTube, but never the whole show.

Well, seeing how this is the grand finale, I guess my chances of seeing what the whole show looks like is pretty slim now.
    ZeekSlider, I filmed the whole cycle with the lights. But I just focused on the main arches at the front entrance of the Plaza. I'll put it up if you like.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    If I could cut in here part of the reason for the lame entertainment is down to OLC putting everything into its 25th Anniversary. Lets not forget for your Annual Passport your still going to have access to both parks and all the various attractions. Thats not including all the regular entertainment that will be on offer like Dreamlights, Mythica, BraviSEAmo etc.

And of course lets not forget all the other events happening at the parks this year.

Jubilation Parade
    TDS Spring Carnival
    Art Festival
    Japanese Star Festival
    Summer Programme including Cool the Heat, Chip & Dale's Cool Service
    New Show featuring Stitch for Tiki Room
    Must see Halloween Event
    A la carte event
    Christmas Event
    Winter Events(2009)

So while things havn't been great at TDR lately, as you can see they is plenty of stuff happening this year that you should buy an Annual Passport for.
    Yeah, I guess the best thing to do is wait until the 25th and see what happens. 3 years ago we would have bought it without even thinking about it. We can still see Jubilation and the Stitch Tiki room attraction with a day pass and pop in with an after 6 every once in a while but without better entertainment right now there are other things to do in the city.

• The Darkness to Light

You've got two months to make it out here.
    And I have two months to complete my graduation show's content. As much as I would love to blow my financial aid refund on a trip out to TDR, I can't because of educational obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    ZeekSlider, I filmed the whole cycle with the lights. But I just focused on the main arches at the front entrance of the Plaza. I'll put it up if you like.
    That would be so awesome of you, Joe! Anything you can post is better than what I've been able to find on YouTube when looking up the arches. Thank you in advance!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Yeah, I guess the best thing to do is wait until the 25th and see what happens. 3 years ago we would have bought it without even thinking about it. We can still see Jubilation and the Stitch Tiki room attraction with a day pass and pop in with an after 6 every once in a while but without better entertainment right now there are other things to do in the city.
    Don't forget the new Monsters, Inc. E-ticket attraction. And while the seasonal entertainment may not be as good as they were before, the regular shows are still spectacular. As Malin said, the reason for the cutting back could be linked to the fact that all funds are being directed to the 25th Anniversary and especially the new hotel.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Don't forget the new Monsters, Inc. E-ticket attraction
    I have heard that Monsters Inc attraction won't be opening until Spring 2009. OLC are holding it back due to fear that crowds will die off after the 25th Anniversary. Of course if the 25th Anniversary ends up not drawing the expected crowds than expect to see that attraction open up sooner. OLC are hoping TDL attendance will match that of its former glory years 17 million. But with only a new parade and a repeat of last years events I'm not sure how it plans to do this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Joe do you think things will change for the better or do you think things will stay the way it's going now? We are a little apprehensive of buying a year pass because of the direction OLC has been taking. Do you think it's worth it right now or is it better to wait and see?
    Hi ichigopara,

I would definitely buy the single park AP if you plan to visit one park more than 15 times during that year, especially the 25th Anniversary. Buy the two-park AP, if you plan to go more than 20 times to both Parks combined. If you don't plan to go that often, there are many discount ticket offers available. As a point of reference, many of the Japanese AP holders I know visit at least 75-100 times a year (both parks together). And many have a separate AP for each Park. My total is about 60-70 visits per year.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

And many have a separate AP for each Park.

JoeInJpn
    Just curious. Why buy a separate AP for each park when you can get one 2-Park AP?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Just curious. Why buy a separate AP for each park when you can get one 2-Park AP?
    Right? That would make perfect sense. But silly OLC policy #413217 states:

2-park Annual Passports may may not be used when Park admission is being restricted.

So, if the Park is too crowded and entry is restricted, only the single-park AP will get one into the Park during that time. That way, they can enter any time. Although there are a few friends I know that buy each separate AP because of the different design on each, Sorceror Mickey (2-park), Tinkerbelle (TDL only), Ariel (TDS only).
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

Right? That would make perfect sense. But silly OLC policy #413217 states:

2-park Annual Passports may may not be used when Park admission is being restricted.
    What an odd rule. I would think that the most expensive pass would get certain privileges, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Well, if I ever decide to buy an AP for TDR, I'll remember this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast