Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

TDR Today 17th of January 2008

So today was the start of the Winter events at the TDR. TDL has Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance Grand Finale while TDS is hosting Season of the Heart.

Did anyone visit today and is there anything of interest to report back. TDLFAN has promised us a photo update when he returns. How was the Super Duper Jumpin time Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo show. I've notice that the regular Princess Day events like Minnie's Tiara of Dreams are not running this year. Also despite TDS holding the Season of Romance I don't see any live shows happening this year. Has this become just another merchadise event, with nothing to offer guest back.

• Minion

Re: TDR Today 17th of January 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So today was the start of the Winter events at the TDR. TDL has Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance Grand Finale while TDS is hosting Season of the Heart.

Did anyone visit today and is there anything of interest to report back. TDLFAN has promised us a photo update when he returns. How was the Super Duper Jumpin time Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo show. I've notice that the regular Princess Day events like Minnie's Tiara of Dreams are not running this year. Also despite TDS holding the Season of Romance I don't see any live shows happening this year. Has this become just another merchadise event, with nothing to offer guest back.
    Isn't BraviSEAmo Speciale happening again?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Could be but I don't see any info stating it is!

• Loves Mickey!

I think the character greeting replaced Sweetheart Romance from last year. What is BraviSEAmo Speciale?

• Minion

Could be but I don't see any info stating it is!
    I thought that was why BraviSEAmo is undergoing a slight refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    What is BraviSEAmo Speciale?
    It is a special version of BraviSEAmo where they add a romantic character finale during the Swept Away exit song.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• The Darkness to Light

Well, I guess I missed that deadline with my own little tribute to Cinderellabration involving RCT3. Oh well, was a nice thought to try and get it set up by this showing, but I guess it was not meant to be.

I hope to see pictures of both events soon, as well as videos.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Loves Mickey!

Someone uploaded a video of the character greeting for Season of Heart at TDS.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1Ck3r0Two0

• The Darkness to Light

I liked how the music started up and they caught Chip & Dale trying to see over the crowd.

But whoever took that video was either right there in the heart of the mob of guests or needs to learn how to zoom out. I'm hoping it was the first.

This was a lousy show, but at least guests can fool around with some characters.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    This was a lousy show, but at least guests can fool around with some characters.
    This is coming from a guy who usually doesn't share his opinions online. So for him to call it a lousy show does hold some credibility here

This is coming from a guy who usually doesn't share his opinions online. So for him to call it a lousy show does hold some credibility here
    Hehehe. Thanks Malin. You're right on about not really sharing my opinion. BUt this time, it was just annoying.

I usually don't mind character greetings, which "Season of the Heart" (SOTH) basically is. They usually feature some music and perhaps a message from the characters to the guests. Then there might be some time for guests to actually meet them. Some good ones are "Super Duper Jumpin Time" and "Twinkle Holiday Moment". Even the bare-bones New Year's greetings were cute and simple with Mickey and friends walking around in Japanese outfits waving to the crowds.

This year's SOTH program struck me as boring. It started with the narrator and a couple of marching drummers. Then two other CM's joined them to light the torch of love on the small stage at Piazza Topolino. The narrator rambled on about the meaning of the season which includes love as romance, love for your friends and love for the family. Most guests could care less and it was easy to see that they were getting restless. They were all looking to the right and waiting for the characters to come out.

Once they did come out, it was as if the narrator/other CM's didn't exist anymore. In fact, the audience just wanted to get close to the characters since Donald and Daisy started intermingling with the guests. Pinocchio and Gepetto show up from behind and everyone turns their head away from the stage. Cameras and faces of yelling guests are now all directed towards the characters without a care for what the show was about.

You could see how the crowd became in the video you posted earlier. You may be able to hear the narrator in the background. I mean, why don't they just have the characters with new costumes come out and greet guests and maybe do a song and dance to the event theme song? It works just fine with the daily "Meet and Smile" show. OLC should know by now that the narrator role fails almost all the time in these shows unless they actually tell a story.

There is no story in this particular show, unlike "A Little Tale of Christmas," where the narrator was there to explain what was happening. Heck, even with the annoying narrators in last year's SOTH show, "Sweetheart Romance", they were there to explain key sections of the show. But this year, they just have some guy harping on about love and no one is there to hear him. Wake up OLC! Guests don't like or care for unnecessary narration!

Phew!

(PS: My video will be up this weekend.)
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• The Darkness to Light

Sounds like OLC dropped the ball with this one.

• Loves Mickey!

Joe do you think things will change for the better or do you think things will stay the way it's going now? We are a little apprehensive of buying a year pass because of the direction OLC has been taking. Do you think it's worth it right now or is it better to wait and see?

• Banned User

If I could cut in here part of the reason for the lame entertainment is down to OLC putting everything into its 25th Anniversary. Lets not forget for your Annual Passport your still going to have access to both parks and all the various attractions. Thats not including all the regular entertainment that will be on offer like Dreamlights, Mythica, BraviSEAmo etc.

And of course lets not forget all the other events happening at the parks this year.

Jubilation Parade
    TDS Spring Carnival
    Art Festival
    Japanese Star Festival
    Summer Programme including Cool the Heat, Chip & Dale's Cool Service
    New Show featuring Stitch for Tiki Room
    Must see Halloween Event
    A la carte event
    Christmas Event
    Winter Events(2009)

So while things havn't been great at TDR lately, as you can see they is plenty of stuff happening this year that you should buy an Annual Passport for.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    (PS: My video will be up this weekend.)
    Looking forward to that

And thanks for sharing your throughts regarding Season of the Heart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast