Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Disney Parks Around the World..

In case you missed this on MSN today.. they put on 25 pics from all of the Disney parks around the World... and I mean.. ALL of them.. even TDS! Hope the link works... Enjoy!

http://travel.msn.com//Guides/MSNTravelSlideShow.aspx?cp-documentid=449541&imageindex=25

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disney Parks Around the World..

Thanks for the link!

Not enough TDS photos I say. I think most of the US doesn't know that Tokyo has one of the finest Disney parks in the world. And thanks to that photo report lacking TDS, the world still doesn't know.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I think Walt Disney Co is partly to blame for that.... They do NOT want Americans to know about TDS... as it would bring the reality of the Disney magic (or lack of in the USA) to light.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I doubt that, look at the amount of people on here who know of TDS existance but still won't go because of the high cost involved. Anyway if your Disney are you really going to start advertising somebody elses theme park. Its business at the end of the day.

• World Traveler

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I doubt that.
    Doubt all you want. Even insider CMs have told me so.

• Minion

TDLFAN is right in this instance. People that work within the WDC do try to cover up and sometimes slander DisneySea for the sake of the company-owned parks, especially the domestic ones. Which is all rather silly in my opinion. I mean, they're all Disney parks. Who really cares who owns which. I think the WDC should be proud of their accomplishment in DisneySea, as it showcases the true potential of the Imagineers. Reallly, just because they don't technically own the park, it's still part of the Disney brand and family of theme parks. I know they don't want to draw people away from their own parks, but why hide your greatest accomplishment since the original Disneyland? It's still a Disney park with their name on it and could actually be beneficial to the WDC as it creates a good image for the company and its quality of creativity.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

I no of nothing where an employee of Disney has publicly said any negative towards TDS. Granted they are rumours of Disney employees posting coments on these boards, but where being paranoid begins and reality stops I really don't know.

As OLC does zero promotion itself on advertising the domestic parks or Hong Kong and Paris you could possibly say the same thing towards them. How they don't want the Japanese to know about WDW and its 4 parks and 2 waterparks.

Also OLC does a very poor job of allowing guest to book hotel rooms and buy tickets online, you could also make the argument that OLC isn't exactly doing a good job to attract us westerners either.

• Minion

I no of nothing where an employee of Disney has publicly said any negative towards TDS. Granted they are rumours of Disney employees posting coments on these boards, but where being paranoid begins and reality stops I really don't know.

As OLC does zero promotion itself on advertising the domestic parks or Hong Kong and Paris you could possibly say the same thing towards them. How they don't want the Japanese to know about WDW and its 4 parks and 2 waterparks.

Also OLC does a very poor job of allowing guest to book hotel rooms and buy tickets online, you could also make the argument that OLC isn't exactly doing a good job to attract us westerners either.
    They don't do it publicly, but there's no doubt that such a mentality exists. Former (and those who have close ties with some) members in the company have already discussed this (not that we couldn't imply it from the tone of some people). It's nothing but pure dedication to the company.

And wasn't there some kind of licensing agreement that prevented them from promoting the Tokyo Disney Resort outside of Japan?

• Banned User

I honestly think Disney have better things to be doing than winding people up on here, like I said before despite soo many on here hearing and knowing of TDR, so few actually bother to visit, that why would Disney consider this a threat. But feel free to name the people in question!

I'm not sure about any kind of deal in place but it still doesn't change the fact OLC make it difficult for western guest to book vacations outside of Japan.

• Minion

why would Disney consider this a threat. But feel free to name the people in question!
    They don't necessarily consider it a threat. They just don't want people feel ripped off after looking at DisneySea and comparing it to California Adventure since they were both built by the same company in the same year. That is the main reason why some are downplaying DisneySea's greatness. So that the guests (especially locals) don't feel that they were given a vastly inferior product compared to the Japanese.

And I'm not naming names, as that would not be considerate or very respectful of those people. As much as I like to admit they're wrong, they are still very important people, and I can't blame them for being loyal to the company.

• Banned User

I think its to late for that people already feel ripped off by the DCA experience and thats why its having the massive amount of money poured in to it over the coming years. But as the decisions for the original DCA were from the previous management team in place at Disney none of this should reflected today.

I think I already know the person your getting at here who has in the past said on a personal level he perfers DCA to TDS. But as the person in question often writes some positive articles about TDS for the LP Magazine I really don't see your point about him. If he really had issues with the Resort why include them in the Magazine.

I think the problem with boards like this is people have the attitude that your opinion must be the same or we'll attack you for it.

• Minion

I think I already know the person your getting at here who has in the past said on a personal level he perfers DCA to TDS. But as the person in question often writes some positive articles about TDS for the LP Magazine I really don't see your point about him. If he really had issues with the Resort why include them in the Magazine.

I think the problem with boards like this is people have the attitude that your opinion must be the same or we'll attack you for it.
    I'm not going to discuss that person in public. And I don't think he said he prefers DCA to TDS. I'm almost certain he said that DCA is a better park. A fact that everyone has put down as being ludicrous. I have no problems with anyone saying they prefer one park over the other as everyone has different tastes. But to say TDS is an inferior park to DCA is about as far-fetched of statements as they go. And that's all I have to say about that.

• Banned User

It may sound ludicrous to you but thats his opinion. You yourself have praised parts of Hotel Mira Costa in the past that to me are not that special.

• Minion

It may sound ludicrous to you but thats his opinion. You yourself have praised parts of Hotel Mira Costa in the past that to me are not that special.
    It's not just to me. It's to about 99% of people. The MiraCosta is different in that most people feel it is the best Disney hotel, so my opinion is not out of the ordinary or opposed to what other people feel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast