Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: TDR trip need advice !

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would never take kids to a Disney park. They are an unnecesary expense and get in the way of fun, and trust me..I will have my fun. Children do not appreciate the parks for what they have to offer past the rubberheads. Disney parks are not for kids, and this catering to children in the part of Disney has got to stop.

Well said!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I would never take kids to a Disney park. They are an unnecesary expense and get in the way of fun, and trust me..I will have my fun. Children do not appreciate the parks for what they have to offer past the rubberheads. Disney parks are not for kids, and this catering to children in the part of Disney has got to stop.
    Liking the sound to that TDLFAN

• Banned User

Malin, YOU need to read this as well...and learn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/26/op...=1&oref=slogin

• Banned User

Malin, YOU need to read this as well...and learn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/26/op...=1&oref=slogin
    No need I have nothing but respect for flight attendants and the difficult jobs these people do on a daily basis. But very interesting article to read anyway.

• Banned User

BS. You just called them "can openers". I think that shows a huge lack of respect about a safety minded profession that mercifully, the amoral majority will never get to experience when things get serious inflight. I think you would be quite shocked at this fact: in my 23 yrs as a "can opener", I have assisted with one child birth, administered CPR twice, used a difibrilator once, had engines go out cold inflight twice, put out one oven fire at 35,000 ft, had one engine go up in flames on take off, lost preasurization twice, attended countless minor medical emergencies (fainting, food poisoning, allergic reactions, etc etc), had 4 passengers arrested for interference with crew duties, denied countless freeloading frequent flyers upgrades to Business/First class just because I felt like it, served several celebrities like Eminen, D. parton, Tom Cruise, Alyssa Milano, Jason Priestly, Whitney Houston, and many many others, and last but not least.. had a pilot died after we landed from a trans-atlantic flight. Still, I can't remember how many cans I have opened in my 23 years as an airline Purser, or stewardess as some of you might like to call me.

• Banned User

We have a popular Radio show in the UK where the Drivetime DJ Scott Mills refered to air stewardess as waitresses in the sky a while a go.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    We have a popular Radio show in the UK where the Drivetime DJ Scott Mills refered to air stewardess as waitresses in the sky a while a go.
    I don't blame that ignorant idiot since that is the facade the business has created for the profesion. But it's people like him I enjoy seeing freaking out and begging us for help when something goes wrong... all of a sudden, we can fix any problems on Earth. Ignorant fools.

Just don't go on a weekend, i made that mistake.

Is the difference in crowds that much from a weekday to a weekend? To be on the safe side I planned my time at the park on a Mon-Fri.

Well i went again to Disneyland for the 2nd time of the holiday, when the holiday break was over in Japan and i went on Saturday, It was packed.

Most rides had a 50-100 minute wait, and for rides such as Star Tours it was 30-40.

The only things that didn't have lines were the Theatre show's like Country bear and the Tiki Room, and surprisingly rides like Pirates and Jungle Cruise.

And you will most likely see the long lines for, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Big Thunder.

So yeah you're pretty much better off going on weekdays.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezy View Post

Most rides had a 50-100 minute wait, and for rides such as Star Tours it was 30-40.

The only things that didn't have lines were the Theatre show's like Country bear and the Tiki Room, and surprisingly rides like Pirates and Jungle Cruise.

And you will most likely see the long lines for, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Big Thunder.
    In other words, expect the long lines for attractions that offer FASTPASS. The ones without it will have much shorter wait times. This is yet another reason why Fastpass must be taken out of the parks forever. Notice that the rides you were "surprised" by having short wait times do not offer Fastpass service. Fastpass is a virus and must be terminated.

Thanks for that info. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the the airport from Disney (in the morning). Is a Taxi advisable, or the subway?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller View Post
    Thanks for that info. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the the airport from Disney (in the morning). Is a Taxi advisable, or the subway?
    The airport(Narita) to Disney is about a 60 minute journey by car. My advice is to not take a taxi what ever you do, as it will cost a fortune. If you don't mind using the trains its a cheap alternative, or for a bit extra you can grab a Airport Limosine bus that will drop you off right at your hotel door.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller View Post
    In good traffic, the trip from TDR to Narita Airport by car or bus should take no more than 40 mins. However, DO NOT use a cab... it will be like $300. Use the Friendly Airport Limosine service, and it will cost about $25 per person, one way.

The trip can also be done by train.. From JR Maihama, take Musashino Line to JR Nishi-Funabashi station, then quick transfer to Sobu Line for a 3-mins trip to the next station, JR Funabashi station. From there, then a 3 minute walk to Keisei Funabashi station, where you can catch the Keisei Limited Express or Skyliner right into Narita Airport. Total trip time by train is approx 1 hour and 15 mins, depending on wait times for transfer trains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12