Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TDR trip need advice !

I'm going to Tokyo Disney Resort in June and then i need to know if it's better 3 Days or 4 Days ?

I know it's going to be the 25th anniversary to lots of thingd to see like Parade and Shows but we never know .

thank you in advance

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: TDR trip need advice !

If your able to go for the 4 days DLRP_bopazot do so. TDR is certainly a multi day destination and with this being your first trip you must make the most of it.

• Loves Mickey!

4 days is better because you can really take your time to enjoy the atmoshpere and shows especially at TDS. If you don't have a lot of time and want to enjoy the city more, the 3 day pass would be fine though.

• World Traveler

The more the better.

• Banned User

4 days since you will be wanting to do a lot of repeat rides and shows.

the 4 day pass is a must so i might take this one . TDL Fan if you are in Tokyo on my trip date i'll be happy to met you . then send me a pm if you do so .

The price difference between a three and four day pass is minimal. Buy the four day pass.

• MiceAge Columnist

I found myself wishing there was a five day pass. I had to buy another one-day pass!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Did you find that 5 days was enough? Im going in November and planning on buying the 4 day pass plus a one day. People already are looking at me like I have 2 heads when I say Im spending 5 days of my Japan trip at Disney.

• MiceAge Columnist

Depends on your level of fandom, I guess. Five was perfect for our family: two in each park, plus a bonus day in whichever park we liked better (we went to TDS).

Japan is a great place, so I do recommend seeing more of the country than just disney. but for us, five days in disney and five days out of disney was just right.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

I too always buy a one day pass the first day and a four day pass for the rest of the week.

Kevin you mention TDS being your family's favourite park at the TDR. My biggest problem with this park is the lack of family attractions it has compared to TDL next door. Did you find the park has enough to keep your kids occupied for the three days, and did you feel the mix of attractions were just about right?

• MiceAge Columnist

Clearly, the one year old had far less to do at TDS, and stayed in his stroller most of the time. The Mermaid area had a zone for him to run around in, which was padded vinyl and quite fun to discover. The four year old had some extra rides (Aquatopia, Stormrider, the Mermaid rides and coasters, Tower of Terror), but he didn't like not being able to go on Journey, and the fact that we went so often made him a bit antsy. So yeah, he did complain slightly about liking TDL better. I think that was because there was a Space Mtn there he could ride (he's not tall enough for WDW's yet). Or rather, he wasn't at the time.

Is the mix right? No, it probably needs more POTC/HM type rides. The musical Sindbad is incredible. They just need two more such rides.

But TDS is one of those parks that you experience, as a Disney fan, with giddiness and joy. To have a fully immersive experience with brand new theming like this is about as close these days as we will ever come to knowing what the world felt in 1955 when Walt threw open the doors to DL.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    To have a fully immersive experience with brand new theming like this is about as close these days as we will ever come to knowing what the world felt in 1955 when Walt threw open the doors to DL.

Yes, yes, yes! ITA!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Clearly, the one year old had far less to do at TDS, and stayed in his stroller most of the time. The Mermaid area had a zone for him to run around in, which was padded vinyl and quite fun to discover. The four year old had some extra rides (Aquatopia, Stormrider, the Mermaid rides and coasters, Tower of Terror), but he didn't like not being able to go on Journey, and the fact that we went so often made him a bit antsy. So yeah, he did complain slightly about liking TDL better. I think that was because there was a Space Mtn there he could ride (he's not tall enough for WDW's yet). Or rather, he wasn't at the time.

Is the mix right? No, it probably needs more POTC/HM type rides. The musical Sindbad is incredible. They just need two more such rides.

But TDS is one of those parks that you experience, as a Disney fan, with giddiness and joy. To have a fully immersive experience with brand new theming like this is about as close these days as we will ever come to knowing what the world felt in 1955 when Walt threw open the doors to DL.
    Interesting feedback Kevin. Something you said made me think that TDS is wasted on young kids, due to them not really being old enough to apreciate the TDS experience to the full. Thanks for the reply.

• Banned User

I would never take kids to a Disney park. They are an unnecesary expense and get in the way of fun, and trust me..I will have my fun. Children do not appreciate the parks for what they have to offer past the rubberheads. Disney parks are not for kids, and this catering to children in the part of Disney has got to stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast