Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Down Under without Nemo..

OK, TD'ers, 6 week Roll-call.

It's not too far to TDL/S Time at all !

For the Meet on the 28th of March, 2005 at Tokyo Disneyland - Who's going to be there ??

Sound off !

...Me ! I'll be there. With the husbear. That's 2 ! Who's next ?
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

I'll be there. So long as it is in the afternoon. (By the way, don't mind the 5.4 earthquake we had 20 minutes ago, boy was that a long one!)

Yay ! So it's now 3:

Lashbear
    Lashstoat
    Disneylurker

Dusty?? What about you ?
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Banned User

I am not sure I will be there on March 28th, 2005, but do plan on being at TDS on March 14th, 2005 for Japan's White day and the free pin to be given to guests as they enter the park. I just *love* those little free gift mementos from TDR!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I had been planning on going, but it will be very difficult I fear. I leave tonight for India and will be there for 3 weeks. Then London for 4 days. Then back to LA. Don't know if I'll be able to turn right around and head to Tokyo. If I can, I will. But we'll have to play it by ear.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Oh C'mon Dusty.. don't turn around, just keep going east and you'll get there soon enough.

OK folks... 5 weeks to go...
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Skyway Forever

So far my friend and I are going to be there March 28 DisneySea and March 29 TDL. Hopefully we will see you somewhere in the resort. I am still finalizing my trip - 6 Asian Cities - 16 days to enjoy.

• Banned User

I will be there at TDS on March 14th, which is White Day in Japan. Free White day pin will be given to every guest entering TDS on that day.

We should definitely have a meet - where would you suggest ?
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Banned User

I would love to go but I won't be in Japan those days, but have a great time at TDS, and catch all of the special event entertainment, especially Rhythms of the World.

• Skyway Forever

I'm back from my Asia trip (March 14-31 Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Macau, Hong Kong, and Tokyo (mostly Tokyo Disney)) and managed to take a lot of photos of my trip. Here's the link to my photo albums and click to the Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland (total of 3 albums) if you want to see only Disney. I will be adding captions to them very soon. Day one at Tokyo DisneySea was a disappointment because it rained all day. At least I saw BraviSeaMo and fireworks show. Day two the weather at Tokyo Disneyland was better and the crowds were everywhere. I waited at least 45 mins for a Chip & Dale Popcorn Bucket and it turned out to be salted popcorn, not the caramel Then I waited in line what I thought was Pirates of the Carribean, but it was for the Minnie show in Adventureland. The show was good even in it's inclement weather version. Our last day we park hopped and that was our favorite day. Well, you are welcome to check out my other albums. Enjoy

http://community.webshots.com/user/kevinwdw

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by kevindw
    I'm back from my Asia trip (March 14-31 Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Macau, Hong Kong, and Tokyo (mostly Tokyo Disney)) and managed to take a lot of photos of my trip. Here's the link to my photo albums and click to the Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland (total of 3 albums) if you want to see only Disney. I will be adding captions to them very soon. Day one at Tokyo DisneySea was a disappointment because it rained all day. At least I saw BraviSeaMo and fireworks show. Day two the weather at Tokyo Disneyland was better and the crowds were everywhere. I waited at least 45 mins for a Chip & Dale Popcorn Bucket and it turned out to be salted popcorn, not the caramel Then I waited in line what I thought was Pirates of the Carribean, but it was for the Minnie show in Adventureland. The show was good even in it's inclement weather version. Our last day we park hopped and that was our favorite day. Well, you are welcome to check out my other albums. Enjoy

http://community.webshots.com/user/kevinwdw
    Great pictures Kevin!!! I am so jealous! So how was the experience? Did you get to ride all the major rides that they have on both parks?

• Skyway Forever

Quote Originally Posted by aktiv8
    Great pictures Kevin!!! I am so jealous! So how was the experience? Did you get to ride all the major rides that they have on both parks?
    I managed to go on most attractions except for Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mystery tour inside Cindy's Castle, Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, Microadventure, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, and Space Mountain (I had a fast pass for this, but decided to watch a parade instead). Being so crowded, I'm glad I was able to do most of the attractions I want. I am going back to Asia in a few months, but not Tokyo I am going to HK Disneyland at least. I trying not to get my hopes up for this park. If I am disappointed with HK, I will go to Tokyo in 2006.

Some of my thoughts from Tokyo Disney are:
    1. Japanese people are crazy for Disney.
    2. Guests are either crazy for flavored popcorn or the bucket or maybe both.
    3. Can't believe how clean the parks are.
    4. I am glad TDR is getting rid of copy control protection on new CD releases.
    5. Not enough postcards for sale.
    6. Lines everywhere for everything. People love waiting in lines.
    7. Except there was no one in line for the donut cart.
    8. Getting a credit card authorized over the phone takes forever.
    9. Guidemaps are so informative- nothing like Disneyland or world.
    10. What do I do with all the extra bags they give you for my purchased sovenirs?
    11. Weird that the fireworks lauch site is not located behind fantasyland like I am used to the other parks in US and France, but it's behind Splash Mountain.
    12. They should implement single rider line for some attractions.
    13. I feel left out for not knowing or doing the dance routine for the parades (Dream Parade and Princess) and Rythmn of the World. Actually cross out the Princess parade, not my cup of tea.
    14. Not sure why I purchased 5 different types of fast pass/ticket holders. - My favorite is the Chin n' Dale holder.
    15. I should of bought the Space Mountain watch set. It is so cool looking and not too expensive 15000 Yen (2 watches and the collecter Space Mountain resin watch container).
    16. I want the Tokyo Disneyland Park model displayed inside the guided tours/guest relations office.

Kevin - leaving for another Disney trip (Disney World) in 3 weeks. hooray!

Good comments Kevin.

For #4, it is easy to get around the TDR CD copy controls. Just some simple legal software can do it.

For #11, fireworks were launched behind Haunted Mansion/It's a Small World before Tokyo DisneySea opened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast