• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Jtcent coverage of Super-Duper Jumpin' Time! Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

This is a thread to discuss the show Super-Duper Jumpin' Time! Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo. Special thanks to JoeInJpn for the coverage and remember more Tokyo Disney Resort videos can be found at his website here http://www.jtcent.com

Mickey and his friends have a special version of the popular kids show in front of Cinderella Castle! Watch as Donald and Daisy recreate Cinderellabration as well as a whole lot of characters appearing towards the end of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=qymtkFr6PPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

• Banned User

Re: Jtcent coverage of Super-Duper Jumpin' Time! Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

I caught a bit of this show the day it premiered. Cute.

• Vehicle rotating backward

It's okay. I think I've come to expect so much from TDL that I'm easily let down if things aren't up to really high standards. By comparison to the US park shows that's a lot of characters.

Goofy's Japanese voice will always seem wrong to me.

• Banned User

I enjoyed the ending with all the characters coming out to greet guest, the music fit it perfectly.

And regarding character voices at TDR you are not alone. I think some of the voices are really poor and sound nothing like the English voices do. I guess thats a credit to the likes of Wayne Allwine, Russi Taylor and Bill Farmer who really are the best.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    It's okay. I think I've come to expect so much from TDL that I'm easily let down if things aren't up to really high standards. By comparison to the US park shows that's a lot of characters.

Goofy's Japanese voice will always seem wrong to me.
    So does Mickey in french and mandarin.. but who cares?

As for the this particular show... I agree that TDL can do much better, but this show is geared towards the little kids, and not meant as an extravaganza to end all. In fact... this little show seems to have a bigger budget to that of "Dream Along with Mickey" at the MK. I think the puppets they use alone, and the many performers who do the show, would sink the stage show budgets at WDW. Not to mention, this show is only meant to play for two months and still... from the original voice over and music used, to the specially made stage and props.. etc etc, it's quite a lot for the very limited time the show will play. They would never spend that much money at WDW for a very limited time presentation.

• Banned User

Can we stop the comparisons to WDW all the time. TDR should be based on its own merits and not WDW's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Can we stop the comparisons to WDW all the time. TDR should be based on its own merits and not WDW's.
    Well Thank GOD TDR does not try to emulate WDW's merits or else, I would not be happy! However, I beg to differ with you. Comparisons are necesary because most people here need to understand some things that separate the experiences from one park to the next. Sadly, there is no uniformity to some things related to the Disney parks. If you are bothered by that.. well, too bad.

• Banned User

Personally I don't need to compare everything to WDW, as I can come up with my own view on each show/parade. This is also why I get annoyed when people compare BraviSEAmo to Fantasmic, even through both are differnt shows, and have differnt storylines, people still feel the need to compare, instead of coming up with an original opinion.

I'm actually bothered by the fact its always WDW that TDR is compared too. If you think by comparing the two Resorts it will help people understand the differences, than why not use the DLR as a comparrison too. Most people on MiceChat have that park as there home park anyway. Oh I forgot Disneyland park doesn't have any stage shows.

But if we are making comparrisons why not compare the show to Candlebration in Paris which is an abysmal show. Atleast Dream Along with Mickey has a story and a message to it, all Candlebration delivers is a lot of pointless dancing and the lighting of the candles on the Castle. And if your watching this show during the day time it doesn't even do that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Personally I don't need to compare everything to WDW, as I can come up with my own view on each show/parade.
    Maybe you don't know WDW's inner workings that well to make a comparison.

I'm actually bothered by the fact its always WDW that TDR is compared too.
    Because it is at WDW that the standards are lowered in regards to other parks, so you are going from one extreme to the next.

If you think by comparing the two Resorts it will help people understand the differences, than why not use the DLR as a comparrison too. Most people on MiceChat have that park as there home park anyway. Oh I forgot Disneyland park doesn't have any stage shows.
    To be honest with you.. DL park is almost as enjoyable and nice at TDL will ever be in that regards. They have an excellent parade running down Main Street right now, and they have seen some great shows there in the past, which do not compare to some of the abysmal productions I have seen at WDW. Only DAK has some decent stage offerings right now, and so does HKDL. EPCOT depends on Davy Jones to put on a decent show every year.. So no, I do not compare DL to TDL because in CA the standards are higher.

But if we are making comparrisons why not compare the show to Candlebration in Paris which is an abysmal show. Atleast Dream Along with Mickey has a story and a message to it, all Candlebration delivers is a lot of pointless dancing and the lighting of the candles on the Castle. And if your watching this show during the day time it doesn't even do that.
    I actually think Candleabration accomplishes what it sets out to do, which is to illuminate the castle's candles. And yes, while I can do without the "Singular Sensation" dance number... the icing on the cake is in the technical aspects of the light show on the castle itself. That is the kind of stuff that TDL would do and the kind of stuff that WDW would not spend money on doing. (reason why were were all pleasantly shocked about the Christmas lights on the castle this past holiday, which I raved about on these boards) Again.. reason why, in regards to shows, I can't compare DLP with TDL. You just have no idea how hard it is for me to see my "home town park" getting the shaft in that regards, reason why I will continue to compare... because in the end, I am not doing it for yourself, but for the ones in the executive offices at Disney who love to lurk on these boards. At least one poster here does not get fooled by lowered standards as the tourists do at WDW, and you brits are the most guilty of humoring WDW's coffers right now. I mean, does Orlando need 4 (FOUR!) B747 flights daily from the UK?
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-17-2008 at 11:24 AM.

• Banned User

Believe it or not I have been to WDW and know enough about its inner workings.

WDW is not the only park where the standards are lowered, take DLRP for instance, and that is a much newer park to the Magic Kingdom. To keep mentioning WDW where there is a much worst Resort out there makes me think you have at times an agenda.

DL has a fantastic parade which I really enjoyed. But apart from that your pickings are rather slim. The Fireworks and Fantasmic are only performed during the peak periods, unlike WDW who stage both daily. Over at DCA you have the Electrical Parade which has been performing for a number of years, and the excellent Aladin Musical but even that show goes dark during certain days of the Weekday. Through saying this I do have high hopes for the new Pixar parade, and hope it will be performed everyday and not just on weekends and during the Summer.

The Candlebration show is only ever any good when its dark. As the park usually closes when its still light, I don't see how it accomplishes what it sets out to do. Also if you want to get a Disney execs attention try posting negative stuff over at the WDW section and not here in the TDR section.

Regarding us Brits visiting Orlando, you got to look at it as for most family's you got the choice of either WDW or DLRP. As the Paris Resort is poorly maintened and fails to offer the same vaule for money that 2 weeks in Orlando offers, is it any suprise more Brits are visiting. Of course if you don't want us to come stop all the endless advertising and promotion that Disney, Universal and Busch do every year here in the UK.

• Banned User

That's out of my hands, sadly.

• The Darkness to Light

....back on topic...

I think those Chip & Dale puppets are just the cutest thing I've seen from the chipmunk duo EVER!! I want!! Too bad they won't release plush versions of the puppets. I mean, I was surprised to see Super Duper Jumpin' Time Mickey and Minnie ears.

I find the show cute too, but from a child's persepctive who has probably seen the normal production, seeing that float pull up and become the stage for the puppet show must be jaw-dropping. It looks like the parents got a kick out of it too, because some of the adults in the crowd couldn't help but smile as well during a lot of the parts in the videos.

That finale is so touching. So many characters, and every one is someone's favorite!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Zeekslider, nice comments. The downloadable version of the video will be online by 9am EST (Monday). Enjoy!

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!