Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Stitch Takes Over the Enchanted Tiki Room

I thought Aliens 2, and Fantastic 4 (Silver Surfer) were actually better than the original ones.

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

OK and I liked Return of the Jedi best of the original Star Wars movies, but I didn't say sequels aren't good I just said they are not the same as the original. You have to respect the original idea without which the sequel could not exist.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Out of interest how many of the people against the Stitch overlay are going to be visiting TDR in the near future?

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    DisneyReporter, you posted this topic as a "Rumor". This is already a fact and had been announced quite a while ago.
    The fence at TDL's Tiki Room has been up for a bit while already... as you can see below. The new show will open in time for the summer season.
    Is there anyway for me to change the topic title?

Well, after thinking about it for a while, if Stitch is popular in Tokyo, then why not go for it. I forgot all about Stitch's Hawaiian influence ... mainly because of his space influence in Tomorrowland. The show will probably need a whole new storyline and not just a minor adaption, but if it gets more people onto the attraction instead of having wasted space, then I'm all for it ... but still, don't bring it to Florida (Floridians hate Stitch).

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    Is there anyway for me to change the topic title?

Well, after thinking about it for a while, if Stitch is popular in Tokyo, then why not go for it. I forgot all about Stitch's Hawaiian influence ... mainly because of his space influence in Tomorrowland. The show will probably need a whole new storyline and not just a minor adaption, but if it gets more people onto the attraction instead of having wasted space, then I'm all for it ... but still, don't bring it to Florida (Floridians hate Stitch).
    Why do Floridians hate Stitch? Just because the Tommorowland attraction is disgusting doesn't mean Floridians wouldn't mind having a decent Stitch attraction.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Why do Floridians hate Stitch? Just because the Tommorowland attraction is disgusting doesn't mean Floridians wouldn't mind having a decent Stitch attraction.
    That's the reason they hate him ... because he took over a great, popular attraction (Alien Encounter) and also because of when he trashed the castle for a short time. I don't think they had anything against him until those situations happened, but to tell you the truth, he isn't overly popular, and I'm kind of surprised why.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• The Darkness to Light

I think any opinion here about Stitch being added is being rendered moot due to personal passion, purist behavior, and a lack of understanding of the cultural demographic.

As far as I see it, logic wins this one.

Stitch is popular with the Japanese guests who go to TDL for the characters and character-based shows. I mean, they have this little thing in their culture called YuruChara (I think that's what it's called) which are pretty much costumed characters that meet and greet people advertising everything from alcohol to construction projects.

Stitch, more often than not, is associated with Hawaii, which falls under the Adventureland umbrella of theming.

There is only one attraction that is closely related to Hawaii in Adventureland: The Tiki Room.

Stitch going into the Tiki Room means more foot traffic there from Japanese guests that come for the characters they know, love, and ultimately buy merchindise baring the image on.

It's a better move than Monsters in Tomorrowland, of which I've already passed judgement on with MK's move and will hold off until I see video of TDL's version.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

For the record,I am in Florida and I do not hate Stitch. Poor thing got robbed with a bad attraction at the MK and I feel he is way too over-exposed, but I don't hate the character. Besides, the Find Stitch parade is one of TDL's best special event shows, so bring it on.

• Sea Creature

I'm so sick of Stitch. He's the Pirates of Tokyo.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post

I mean, they have this little thing in their culture called YuruChara (I think that's what it's called) which are pretty much costumed characters that meet and greet people advertising everything from alcohol to construction projects.
    Hehehe, Condomania.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Agreed.

• The Darkness to Light

Hehehe, Condomania.
    I kind of wish I wrote down the name of that one character that looks like a walking tomato with a sacred Japanese temple as a hat (which it is incidently advertising).

Stitch loves DisneySeafan.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Crazy Furry

Hmmm...for me I'm actually quite open to this, when you look at it...Stitch can be worked into the Tiki Room due to his Hawaiian influence.

Now as for Get the Fever, I thought it was a notch above WDW's Under New Management so if the new version doesn't work...it could be a bit of a bummer.

However, this is TDR we are talking about. They have been able to really impress me with the attractions they make so I have a feeling it will turn out pretty good. (As for MI, I think it will be like Pooh...the superior version of all the other attractions.)

Besides, since Stitch is really popular in Japan...they might be able to get a crowd in the Tiki Room.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• The Darkness to Light

I will say that if Stitch ends up singing HumaHuma from High School Musical, the redition better be cute enough to make me forget how bad the song really is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast