Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Partner Site

Stitch Takes Over the Enchanted Tiki Room

WDW News Today is reporting that Stitch is taking over the Enchanted Tiki Room at Tokyo Disneyland. The attraction, currently closed for refurbishment, will feature a new makeover themed to a Stitch takeover when it reopens. Walt Disney World fans may recall a similiar thing happened when the Walt Disney World version was rethemed to a Zazu and Iago takeover. I'm not sure at all how Stitch relates to enchanted tiki birds (at least Zazu and Iago are classic Disney birds), so I hope this new makeover will stay in Tokyo and not infiltrate the present versions at the other resorts.

Brought to you by MiceChat Partner Site, Disney Reporter.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Re: Stitch Takes Over the Enchanted Tiki Room

Yeah, he's there because It's Tiki, and since Stitch is from Hawaii, that's how he ties into it.

It's just like Tower of Terror at Disneysea, it has that Tiki god and stitch is tied into the merchandise of the ride.

• Minion

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!

I can't beleive TDR would stoop to this level. I know that TDL's Tiki Room was already different than DL's, but at least it didn't have any movie tie-ins.
    WDW's Tiki Room Under New Management is the worst attraction ever.

I hope Disneyland's Tiki Room never changes, I love it.

• I'm A

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I hope Disneyland's Tiki Room never changes, I love it.
    It never will. Due to fact that TDA knows that it has to in some ways appeal to the mainly purist fanbase.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Fastest Man Alive

Different demographics. Plus Stitch is huuuuge over there. I'm all for the various attractions not being carbon copies of each other.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Banned User

Well, when I was at the Walt Disney Studios, I met an imagineer who was working on the project and was leaving for Tokyo today (2/16). He said that Stitch will play Ukulele and rise through the center where the Enchanted Fountain is. He is supposed to be more complex than WDW's Stitch Animatronic, and will "Walk" like the one at WDW does.

The thing about the Tiki room at TDL, is that not alot of people want to go see it anymore (much like all the other shows), when i was there they had CM's out the front trying to get people to go in and yet they still walk right past it. Seriously the line for Curry Popcorn is longer than the one for the Tiki Room.

And seeing as Stitch is huge with the Japanese, it just saves them from closing it for good.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezy View Post
    The thing about the Tiki room at TDL, is that not alot of people want to go see it anymore (much like all the other shows), when i was there they had CM's out the front trying to get people to go in and yet they still walk right past it. Seriously the line for Curry Popcorn is longer than the one for the Tiki Room.

And seeing as Stitch is huge with the Japanese, it just saves them from closing it for good.
    Well they might as well had closed the WDW one for good when they put in that Under New Management attrocity.
    They can update the show, without putting in a movie character.

• Banned User

DisneyReporter, you posted this topic as a "Rumor". This is already a fact and had been announced quite a while ago.
    The fence at TDL's Tiki Room has been up for a bit while already... as you can see below. The new show will open in time for the summer season.

• Shubisha

But it made miceage therefore is brand new info that must be posted into the tokyo forum because people who read this forum didn't already hear about it in other threads :P

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

How sad that people cannot appreciate a classic Disney attraction like the Tiki room.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfan View Post
    How sad that people cannot appreciate a classic Disney attraction like the Tiki room.
    Agreeded. I love the original Tiki Room. Part of the charm of the original Tiki Room is that it has all original characters with absolutely no franchise tie-ins. I hope one day, Disney will create another character heavy attraction that features all original characters. We can hope, can't we?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    But it made miceage therefore is brand new info that must be posted into the tokyo forum because people who read this forum didn't already hear about it in other threads :P
    That is exactly what I meant, even if your post sounds like a reason to argue with me, more than being informative and useful in any way. But in case you don't understand me, here it it: Someone on MICECHAT had posted about this new attraction coming like 2-3 months ago right here on this forum as this is how I found out. I am too busy right now to go searching for it, but you are welcomed to do that.

• Banned User

Agreeded. I love the original Tiki Room.
    More reason to go to DLR!!

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Agreeded. I love the original Tiki Room. Part of the charm of the original Tiki Room is that it has all original characters with absolutely no franchise tie-ins. I hope one day, Disney will create another character heavy attraction that features all original characters. We can hope, can't we?
    We can hope, but the Tiki room is a Walt Disney original idea and the attractions that had Walt overseeing, designing, creating them just have a certain classic feel to them if you know what I mean. Just like with movies: sequels can be good, but never quite the same as the original.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast