• Loves Mickey!

Stuck at Ikspiari(p_;)

The trains were stopped due to wind today and it is freezing! Did anyone else get stuck today? We finally are on a train and it had to stop due to backup.

Re: Stuck at Ikspiari(p_;)

TDLFAN is near you guys. I talked to him by phone about two hours ago. I was at Tokyo Station ready to go to TDL when I heard about the train stoppages. I returned home instead. Good luck getting home.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Loves Mickey!

The weather changed so suddenly is he doing ok?

I just got TDLFAN's email. Since most of the trains were not running or delayed, he decided to take the another form of transport to his hotel. I'm sure he'll be online shortly.
    JoeInJpn

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    The weather changed so suddenly is he doing ok?
    Sudden weather changes.... welcome to Japan.
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

Hi there... yes I am OK. Thanks for your concerns. What a freaky day today in and around Tokyo and TDR!!

I left Narita at 3pm, with no clue of what was going to happen... Then got to Funabashi, where the JRs were stopped to a hault. I knew something was wrong, but it didn't dawned on me that winds were the cause for the disruptions.

Finally got to TDR.. crawling, on the Musashino line. Hung out at TDL for a while, briefly went into TDS, and after calling JoeinJpn.. we decided to put off our meet. The winds were pretty bad and the cold weather made things miserable. It was rough going trying to walk against the winds on the bridge from Maihama to TDL's entrance. Then of course.. they announced that the Keiyo line was totally paralysed. I was like "OK..how do I get back to Narita?"
    JOe suggested taking a cab to Urayasu station, thenthe subway to funabashi. I ended up taking the limosine bus back to the airport straight from TDL. After arriving at narita airport, I found out that not only the JR, but also the Keisei lines were running delayed and some trains cancelled altogether. Needless to say... it was a bad bad bad day to go to TDR. I have never seen such long lines at the bus and taxi areas, with hundreds of guests trying to get back to their destinations. Made me realize how important the JR services are to TDR. No train = chaos.

On a side note, both parks were hosting healthy attandance numbers today by the looks of it.

The Disney Gallery and Home Store have re-opened, but I noticed nothing different there. All of the pirate and POTC stuff on sale in the Home store section facing the POTC ride has now been removed and the store's theme restored back to it's original look. The TDL hotel construction continues and a new color of awning is being added to the building's lower floors in the rotunda area facing the TDR Line station. Tree planting continues as well. I noticed some columns being built..for a possible archway, are going up on the small bridge walkway connecting the hotel to the TDR Line. Now that some of the small touches to the hotel have begun to be built/installed, we can start appreciating the lovely, elegant and imaginative decor this hotel will offer guests.
    Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Sudden weather changes.... welcome to Japan.
    Ha ha, one of so many things I have to learn and get used to.

I have never seen such long lines at the bus and taxi areas, with hundreds of guests trying to get back to their destinations. Made me realize how important the JR services are to TDR. No train = chaos.
    Seriously, we decided to avoid the bus line and just hang around Ikspiari until the trains started up again because it had to be around a 2 hour wait. It must have been terrible for the CM's trying to get to work or the ones that had to stay to cover the people not there. It's good to hear you made it back ok though!

No trains...

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Sadly when the trains do stop, the parks don't annouce it. So I bet they were a few people caught by suprise. This is one of the few times when booking a room on site comes in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Sadly when the trains do stop, the parks don't annouce it. So I bet they were a few people caught by suprise. This is one of the few times when booking a room on site comes in handy.
    Not sure about yesterday, but generally CM's do make announcements to guests leaving the Parks, just outside the Park ticket gates. They generally carry an electronic megaphone notifying guests of the train stoppages.
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Interesting never knew about that. I've seen the megaphones in action when the park lost power last year. Still no actual annoucements are made within the two parks, and even Cast Members are restricted to the outside the gates. This is when word of mouth is a usefull thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Still no actual annoucements are made within the two parks, and even Cast Members are restricted to the outside the gates.

I was also at the park yesterday and found out about the train stoppages because they announced it over the loudspeakers. So I they probably only do it when it is super serious.

I left at 10:30pm and was lucky to get straight on the train without waiting.
    Last edited by hawachan; 02-24-2008 at 06:56 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Not sure about yesterday, but generally CM's do make announcements to guests leaving the Parks, just outside the Park ticket gates. They generally carry an electronic megaphone notifying guests of the train stoppages.
    Well.. for the couple of hours I was there, I did not see anyone making megaphone annoncements about the train stoppage, however, the electronic boards outside the parks and at the TDR Line stations were updating the train info on a constant manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Interesting never knew about that.
    Not a surprise.

And Ichigopara... I think I see myself on that Maihama photo.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Ha I was stuck on a Keiyo Local at Shinosi on the way back to Maihama from Tokyo for 1.5 hours just as the line first stopped at 2:45pm. I was on the way back to the Ambassador to get my bags before taking the train to Narita.
    By the time the train started crawling again and I got to the hotel I had just missed the airport bus and I knew that the train to the airport was not going to be a viable option anymore. With the next bus an hour away I had no choice but to go for the extremely pricey taxi to the airport if I wanted to make my thrice weekly flight back to Australia!
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

• Banned User

I took the last bus from TDR to Narita to return to my hotel by the airport. The bus was supposed to leave at 6:05pm from TDL's entrance, but we ended up leaving late at 6:20pm. We didn't get to Narita Airport until 7:10pm.. if that makes you feel better, or worst.