Thread: Monsters

Monsters

Does anyone have any information about the upcoming Monsters Inc ride? When it is scheduled to open? I'm thinking about a trip either in December 08 for the Xmas decor or waiting for Monsters Inc to open...just want to make sure I'm there sometime during the 25th celebration. Thoughts?

• Banned User

Re: Monsters

As far as I know, the Monsters Inc ride won't open until after the 25th anniversary celebration has ended in April 2009.

That's too bad. Do you know any specifics about it yet? I haven't been able to find much on line about it. Then maybe I can weigh the options between seeing that or the 25th.

• Minion

^^ It might not be much but Disneytheque posts construction pic updates from time to time. I guess they are intentionally delaying the opening till after the 25th? - since the exterior looks almost complete and since it started about the same time as DCA's and costs just a little more I think it would be an attraction of similar scale.

I really like the color scheme of the building. It maintains the sleek futuristic look of the land but the yellow and textures add a needed warmth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    That's too bad. Do you know any specifics about it yet? I haven't been able to find much on line about it. Then maybe I can weigh the options between seeing that or the 25th.
    As far as I know, it will be a omnimover style vehicle going thru the streets of Monstropolis. Guests will carry flashlights and look for monsters along the way. Not sure if this will be a similar experience to that of Midway Mania, nor do I know if there will be a scoring system keeping track of your monster search as you ride thru the building. That is what I have heard and may be incorrect info. One thing for sure... I am expecting a ride similar to Astroblasters in execution. A D-Ticket if you will...and I can not tell you if this is worth delaying a trip to TDL, such as the case with Hunny Hunt which is a MUST DO ride, and one that merits a visit to TDL when Hunt is not down for rehab.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

For a full detailed discription of the ride, pick up a copy of issue 10 of the LP Magazine.

forgive me, but what is LP (laughing place?) and Disneytheque?

• Banned User

other Disney websites. I got to talk to an imagineer not to long ago, and this Is what I heard.

It's going to be WAY different from Midway Mania and Buzz. It's individually dispatched trains of two, with flashlight technology used in Epcot's Innoventions. The vehicle will be going around Monstropolis trying to find Boo, and the flashlights will be used to shine on various hidden sections, revealing surprises around the course. It will NOT be a shooting gallery-type ride like TSMM and Buzz. You will be shining the flashlights to reveal things. There will be no scores, just an interactive component.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    As far as I know, it will be a omnimover style vehicle going thru the streets of Monstropolis. Guests will carry flashlights and look for monsters along the way. Not sure if this will be a similar experience to that of Midway Mania, nor do I know if there will be a scoring system keeping track of your monster search as you ride thru the building. That is what I have heard and may be incorrect info. One thing for sure... I am expecting a ride similar to Astroblasters in execution. A D-Ticket if you will...and I can not tell you if this is worth delaying a trip to TDL, such as the case with Hunny Hunt which is a MUST DO ride, and one that merits a visit to TDL when Hunt is not down for rehab.
    It isn't an omnimover attraction - the cars are two seaters tagged together in a train of three. They can move them independently of each other to control the view of guests (each has a canopy for that effect too - I guess like the Haunted Mansion). There is NO scoring - it is all about tagging the monsters to review a little trick or more monsters.

From what I've read and seen (which has been limited to LP and a small piece in Disney Fan magazine) it is definitely an E-ticket - the scale is incredible. The link below shows the building and a spread about the attraction (scroll down):

http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace...ceIssue10.html

I believe it should be open December 08/January 09. I saw the show building just yesterday at TDL and they still seem to have a lot of work to do.

• Banned User

Thanks.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-29-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Hey TDLFAN - I look forward to hearing your comments when you get to experience MOSTERS and how it compares to WDW's Toy Story Mania

• Banned User

It should be interesting to see since both rides appear to be different experiences..