Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: When is it the best time to visit the TDR

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. I am not quite sure if it is towards the end of march or may... but I know there is school vacation period there where the parks get slammed with heavy crowds.
    I believe there's a school break the last week of March and first week of April, and when I checked the resort calendar, prices were in the Top category for those dates. There's also Golden Week, which I believe is the first week of May, where a good portion of the country is off.

• Banned User

Thank you katie. And yes, golden week is the first week in may... AVOID TDR at all cost.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Hrm. Are 4-day park hoppers the longest ones they offer? I suppose if we haven't gotten to see everything, we could just buy more days. I think we're going with an NFFC group which is going to have lunches and things so that may cut into our time.
    There are NO 4-day hoppers at TDR. The longest ticket they offer (besides the AP options) are the 4-day passports, but those only allow you to park-hop ONLY on the 3rd and 4th days. NO hopping allowed on the 1st and 2nd days. Same for the 3-day passports... only the 3rd day allows for hopping.

• Fleeting Inspiration

Thanks for all the info TDLFAN and Katie, it's helped a lot

• Sock Puppet

If i plan to go Japan in January, how cold does it get at TDR?

There are NO 4-day hoppers at TDR. The longest ticket they offer (besides the AP options) are the 4-day passports, but those only allow you to park-hop ONLY on the 3rd and 4th days. NO hopping allowed on the 1st and 2nd days. Same for the 3-day passports... only the 3rd day allows for hopping.
    You're right of course, I misspoke. I guess we'll see how much we can accomplish in 4 days.

Thanks!

With the 25th anniversary adding a special and festive feel to TDR, I would not wait until after March 09 to visit. If crowds are a concern, I think the best time to hit the resort would be in early september...just before the Halloween event begins. If not afraid of crowds, then go in late september or mid November. If very cold weather is not a problem, then visit sometime between mid-january and late march.
    June is not recommended due to being the rainy season in japan and the weather can be very wet at times. Not a good thing since many fabulous spectaculars at TDR take place outdoors and you would not want to miss them. First week in May is a no-no. Major holiday in Japan and the parks are packed; same for the new year's week in early january. Late december is also a bad time, with the countdown parade event going on. August is major vacation time and parks are full daily.

Hope that gives you an idea of what to expect if you do decide to visit.
    Just managed to book my trip to japan for the 1st 2 wks of Sept. Will be visiting TDR on 7-11 Sept. However, 20,000 leagues will be closed during that time. However, since that's the only ride that is on my must do list that is closed, it's still not too bad.

Hope the crowd's managable

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    If i plan to go Japan in January, how cold does it get at TDR?
    it's the coldest time of the year in tokyo. it can get below 0 C, but typically ranges between 0 - 10 C

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    Just managed to book my trip to japan for the 1st 2 wks of Sept. Will be visiting TDR on 7-11 Sept. However, 20,000 leagues will be closed during that time. However, since that's the only ride that is on my must do list that is closed, it's still not too bad.

Hope the crowd's managable
    They should be, especially before the halloween event begins.

How is the end of November/beginning of December? I was thinking of going November 29th - December 7th or so to Japan. Perhaps spending my last 4 or 5 days in the Resort.

Anyone?

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    How is the end of November/beginning of December? I was thinking of going November 29th - December 7th or so to Japan. Perhaps spending my last 4 or 5 days in the Resort.
    Hey ! My visits to TDR occured during late october, early november in 2005 with the bluest sky and greatest temperature. I know tokyo was very sunny during this time. Now, later than that it may get colder, but still appreciable, real winter comes after new year, until then it's nothing more than a Jacket. Was there until mid december and never had to buy a real coat.

Tokyo resident will be more helpful, fot that might have been special to 2005, but I just thought i could give you my little grain of sand.

Going back this year ! Can't wait !

tata.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    Anyone?
    Weather is cool... so bring a jacket. Also, crowds may be big due to the Christmas Fantasy and Harborside Christmas events at the parks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12