Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

When is it the best time to visit the TDR

i am trying to figure a good two weeks to visit Japan within the next year or so because i have a friend that lives over their. I am now wondering when to go. Should i go next winter 2008 or wait till the summer of 2009. i want to spend probably around last four days of my trip. Any tips. thanks

• Sea Creature

Re: When is it the best time to visit the TDR

June and July are always great options if you don't mind some light rain.

• Banned User

With the 25th anniversary adding a special and festive feel to TDR, I would not wait until after March 09 to visit. If crowds are a concern, I think the best time to hit the resort would be in early september...just before the Halloween event begins. If not afraid of crowds, then go in late september or mid November. If very cold weather is not a problem, then visit sometime between mid-january and late march.
    June is not recommended due to being the rainy season in japan and the weather can be very wet at times. Not a good thing since many fabulous spectaculars at TDR take place outdoors and you would not want to miss them. First week in May is a no-no. Major holiday in Japan and the parks are packed; same for the new year's week in early january. Late december is also a bad time, with the countdown parade event going on. August is major vacation time and parks are full daily.

Hope that gives you an idea of what to expect if you do decide to visit.

Do you think the crowds will be terrible right on the anniversary date? I'm going the week of 4/13 and just hoping everyone in Japan doesn't show up.

• On A Disney World Tour...

Weatherwise, i'd suggest fall, october/november. Great sunny weather, no rain and no crowd on week days. No garantee, but when i was there four months in 2005, i may have had 5 days of rain during the entire fall.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

I recommed going when there are no rehabs planned. A friend of mine went and he missed Journey to the Center of the Earth and Winnie the Pooh...that sucked for him

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I recommed going when there are no rehabs planned.
    As rehabs take place all year round at TDR including during peak times this could be quite hard. But you may like to time your trip around when some of the lame attractions like Raging Spirits are closed.

• Make it Cool

Where can you go to find out what the rehab schedule is?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Please note this may change but here are the current ride closures for both parks up to Sept.

TDL
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../tdl_stop.html

TDS
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../tds_stop.html

• Banned User

The official site posts an official rehab schedule. Go there.

Do you think the crowds will be terrible right on the anniversary date? I'm going the week of 4/13 and just hoping everyone in Japan doesn't show up.
    Don't kid yourself. April 15th will be quite busy and so will be the days before that, when they do the previews of the new entertainment. I can see a lot of Aps coming to visit those days. I know I will be there as well...

• Sock Puppet

i thinking about going to japan between 4 january 2009-24 january 2009. don't know for sure but i really want to go to japan and visit my friend. if i go during this time period and go the TDL/TDS for four days is this a good time?

• Banned User

It is a good time if you do not mind the cold weather, shorter park hours and some closures due to usual rehab. Usually mid-january thru mid march is low season. Crowds are manageable and the parks may see a few of the attractions closed for rehab, plus opening times may be as late as 10am and closing times may be as early as 8pm on some weekdays.

• Fleeting Inspiration

tdlfan, how are things in late March (2009)? I'm torn between then and sometime between late October and November. My worry with going during the Halloween or Christmas events though is that I'm not sure if the "normal" day parade plays at all at TDL, and does Candlelight Reflections cancel BraviSEAmo? I would hope that Jubilation carries on after the anniversary, but I'd be taking a gamble on that as well. I'd love to catch the Finale of the 25th, but is the end of March terribly cold?
    Last edited by WesternRiverExplorer; 03-09-2008 at 06:15 AM. Reason: clarified date

• Banned User

Well.. I am not quite sure if it is towards the end of march or may... but I know there is school vacation period there where the parks get slammed with heavy crowds. Will need to ask JoeinJpn's help for that one. As for march 09..well hard to predict. The weather should be in the low 40Fs at night and highs in the upper 50s. There may be an ocasional day of rain, but expect windy conditions as well asociated with cold fronts passing through the Kanto region. The park may see bigger crowds as the "Grand Finale" for the 25th anniversary kicks into high gear.

As for TDS at Christmas time.. for the last 3 yrs, both BraviSEAmo! and Candlelight Reflections have played nightly. Usually during this season... BraviSEAmo! plays at around 6pm and Candlelights around 8:15pm...give or take a minute.

As for the daily parade at TDL... well, the last few years.. the regular day parade (formerly the 20th anniversary parade, now called "Moving on!" for short) have gone on hiatus during the Halloween and Christmas event. (The last two years, "Moving on" has taken a Xmas look, as opposed to previous years offering totally different parades). However.. I am not sure if the new "Jubilation" parade will be on hiatus during the Halloween and Christmas seasons. I would think that.. being the 25th anniversary, they will present both, but I am not sure if that is going to happen until I see the schedule later towards the end of the summer months. So I feel your pain and frustration with this.

Again... JoeinJpn may have better info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The official site posts an official rehab schedule. Go there.

Don't kid yourself. April 15th will be quite busy and so will be the days before that, when they do the previews of the new entertainment. I can see a lot of Aps coming to visit those days. I know I will be there as well...
    Hrm. Are 4-day park hoppers the longest ones they offer? I suppose if we haven't gotten to see everything, we could just buy more days. I think we're going with an NFFC group which is going to have lunches and things so that may cut into our time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast