Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hotel MiraCosta questions

I used the search function and found some good threads on the MiraCosta, but unfortunately they only added questions to my list. I'm hoping someone won't mind helping me with them.

1 - What's the Piazza view like? I understand the harbor view is more centered, so does that make the Piazza view bad? Can you see anything with the Piazza view that you can't with the harbor view? Are partial views bad? What are they, exactly? Partial harbor and partial what?

2 - In a balcony room, can you sit on your balcony? Is there room for chairs out there? I came across a thread that left me confused as to whether or not you could even stand out there. Also, if we decide against a balcony, approximately how big are the windows in your room, and can you open them all the way?

3 - What are the TVs like in the room? We often like to take an afternoon break and zone out while watching something.. though if we have a lovely view, the TV might not be of any concern. Just in case, though, can we rent DVDs? Buy movies? Is there anything available in English?

4 - I'm thinking of a split stay between MiraCosta and DLH.. any news on baggage delivery between the two hotels? Again, I found a thread discussing it with no final answer.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm so excited about this vacation, and the only thing helping me with my excitement is to plan out every detail I possibly can!

• Minion

Re: Hotel MiraCosta questions

I'll be happy to help, as I have stayed at the MiraCosta twice now (and plan to stay there again in a few months).

1. A Piazza view offers a slightly slanted view of the harbor, as opposed to full panoramic views like the Harbor views offer. It's still a fantastic choice for a beautiful view of the lagoon, but you may have to tilt your head to the side to see the whole harbor and lagoon shows. The Partial view is like the Piazza view except that there may be a building or fixture blocking part of your view, which is not too bad considering you still see a good part of the harbor. Again, all choices offer great views. There really isn't a bad one in the bunch, and I think you'll be pleased with whichever one you choose.

2. Yes, you can sit on your balcony. I had one of these rooms during my last visit, and I could easily seat 3 people on the balcony. Just bring a few chairs out, and you'll be set. The windows are the standard ones found in most Superior Rooms except that you can open them all the way to access the balcony. Here are a few pictures from my last visit:

3. TVs are the standard ones found in most hotels. No flatscreens yet, and the channels are the basic ones. There are a few channels dedicated to information regarding the parks, attractions, hotels, shopping, etc. There is also a channel for Disney music and the Disney Channel of course. The default language is Japanese, but you can set it to English if you so desire.

4. I have not done this before, but I am experimenting with it this upcoming trip. I'll be staying at both the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the MiraCosta.

Hope this answered most of your concerns and questions. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 03-10-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Thank you so much, those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Now I REALLY want to have a balcony! Though I'll decide that based on our budget when the trip gets closer. I'm glad to know that, though some are obviously better than others, all the views are pretty good. It's hard for me to figure out what's worth the cost and what isn't in regards to room type and view. And it's hard for me to think rationally when Disney is involved!

I do have one more issue that confused me. I've read that guests staying at the MiraCosta have to pay to use the pool, and I've also read that they don't...

• Banned User

We also would like to see a photo of TDR_Fan in his bathing suit!

• Minion

I have never used the pool at the MiraCosta, but all guests do have to pay a fee to use it. Not sure if it's a daily fee, or if you just pay once to use it for your whole stay though.

• Established 2005

I've stayed at the MiraCosta and I had a coupon to cover the fee. I do believe I asked and was told it was a per night fee, good from check-in until closure of the spa the next day.

By the way. . .it's GORGEOUS back there. . .with a view of the canal and the gondolas. Totally worth it!

Go try an onsen somewhere while you're at it. LaQua at Tokyo Dome City is high-tech and completely worth the admission.

• Banned User

Has any got a link to past threads on the Miracosta?

I would love to see some photos of the interior and read about the experience of staying there.

- Anatole

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Anatole69 View Post
    Has any got a link to past threads on the Miracosta?

I would love to see some photos of the interior and read about the experience of staying there.

- Anatole
    Here's a link to my previous photo review of the MiraCosta. Very detailed and full of pictures:

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...91#post2325891

• Banned User

That is one impressive hotel. Thanks for the pics.

Loved the shot of everyone running to the TOT at the opening of the park... at least that's what it looked like to me. lol.

- Anatole

• Established 2005

Speaking of people running. . .a great morning option is to have a nice breakfast in the Bella Vista Lounge and watch the rope drop from a higher perch. It was quite fun to watch the guests storm DisneySea.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

I have some extra information I can add from my stay at this fantastic place less than a month ago:

2 - The standard superior room windows are really tall; almost floor to ceiling but they only open a crack. There is a limiting rod on the bottom that stops them from opening more than about 10 cm but that's enough to let some nice fresh air and park area music into your room.

3 - The TV service is probably the most disappointing thing about the hotel. All channels are in Japanese, they even have CNN International with Japanese translation dubbed over the top of the English! We only used our TV for the Disney music channel, the resort info channels (English subtitles and it isn't hard to figure out what was going on at a Disney resort anyway!) as well as the occasional regular radio channel.

4 - We split our stay between the MiraCosta and the Ambassador because we were overstaying the 5 night booking limit. When I could call up to book our last 2 nights the MiraCosta was already full so we had no choice but to move. The staff made it all very easy; you get a slip given to you when you first check in that you present when you check out of the first hotel. All your luggage is labeled and taken by the bell staff so you can enjoy your day. When you arrive at the next hotel later in the day you check in, present your baggage receipt slip and the bell staff grab it and take it up to your room when they take you up there. It really was an easy, painless experience and the staff at the MiraCosta were really excited that we were not leaving the property but moving to the Ambassador. The check out lady even clapped and told us it would be fun!

Yes, the pool costs extra to use (it's a Japanese cultural thing) and it certainly wasn't cheap. You pay per day - whether you buy entry at 10am in the morning or 6pm at night its just valid until the end of the day. Thus, to get best value use the pool on a non-park day and go more than once.

If money is an issue I can recommend the Tuscany side of the hotel. Sure, it doesn't face into the park but the hotel is still technically inside the park and you get a nice view of the Aquasphere and monorail station. The area music was great and I was surprised as to how much I enjoyed staying on this quieter side of the hotel even with the knowledge that the other side is even cooler!
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Absolutely beautiful photos. You have me all dreamy eyed, wondering when I'll get to visit next...

• Minion

TDRFan is that a harbor view room in your pics?

It surprises me that you pay extra for the pool. Shouldn't a pool be standard in a luxury hotel? - one would think that hundreds of dollars a night would get you at least that priviledge.

• Banned User

The pool at the Miracosta is an E-Ticket. You should pay to use.
    LOL!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    TDRFan is that a harbor view room in your pics?

It surprises me that you pay extra for the pool. Shouldn't a pool be standard in a luxury hotel? - one would think that hundreds of dollars a night would get you at least that priviledge.
    Yes, that is a Harbor View. And the pool is part of the hotel's spa, hence the extra cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast