Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TracerX's October 2007 TDR Trip in Pics

Ok, so I'm posting my pics in a seperate thread from my trip report since I hope to keep this more focused on just pics I took while at TDR however, if you guys think these should be in that thread please let me know!

Riding the train the first day from Shinjuku to Maihama. It didn't seem crowded at all (little did I know that was because everyone was already there...)

Ahh, I can barely make out Space Mountain and Tower of Terror through the train window. Now I'm starting to get excited!

Here we are at Maihama station with Mickey and Minnie to greet us (in poster form anyway)

It's good to see that TDR is promoting some of their older attractions along with the new. It is also amazing how many of their attractions have corporate sponsorship still.

Here is Bon Voyage (ok, so the store itself is actually a bit to the left of this pic). It's time to pass through the arch and into some Disney fun!

Have to stop and check out Mickey's passport first though.

Its the entrance?!? Nope, just a cover over the bridge. Still great theming considering I'm not even "in" a park yet.

Happened to catch a shot of one of the TDR Partner Hotel shuttles as I was coming across the bridge. In some ways I think staying on-property or in a partner hotel would have been easier but I never had much trouble getting to the parks (once I figured out how the train system operated anyway)

There are many Disney character figurines on the bridge however I just took a shot of Tink on my first day. Don't worry though, I got shots of everyone else on day four!

Ahh finally! Ticket kiosks and... well... there is everyone who wasn't on the train...

Random "aww, cute" picture while waiting in line for the gates to open

Yep... there are definitely a few people in front of me...

Aha! Finally I am in the park! The entrance feels different without the train station but it still works

Remember, I'm not just here for Tokyo Disneyland, I'm also here for Halloween 2007

Ran into Chip and Clarice taking pictures so I decided to grab a quick snapshot. I'm not in the picture but that would have taken much longer...

Now I'm on Main Street but with a roof over my head? This world is all topsy-turvy!

Ahh, looks like the Main Street Band (or TDL's version of it) is out and ready to play. Now it is time for my super fun surprise

Haha! Two videos of said band performing!

And with this trumpeteer I wave farewell till my next update (tomorrow I hope)

• Loves Mickey!

Re: TracerX's October 2007 TDR Trip in Pics

Quote Originally Posted by TracerX View Post

Riding the train the first day from Shinjuku to Maihama. It didn't seem crowded at all (little did I know that was because everyone was already there...)

Great pictures! The halloween band is really cool!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great pics, I must ask though who is Clarice

• Banned User

One correction: There is no "Main Street USA" at TDL. The proper name is World Bazaar and it is intended to feel like a victorian style pavillion... more than a Main Street. No need to feel topsy-turvy when there. Enjoy it as is. It's yet another reason for TDL's uniqueness.

• idk my BFF Minnie

Oswald-

Clarice is Chip 'n Dales "girlfriend", she appeared in a couple of Disney shorts alongside them. Now why she is clothed while Chip is stark naked I have no clue...

Remember, I'm not just here for Tokyo Disneyland, I'm also here for Halloween 2007
    Great trip report TracerX. Was just wondering, did you notice the hidden Mickey in the above photo you posted?

• Banned User

There are two of them actually.

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    Great trip report TracerX. Was just wondering, did you notice the hidden Mickey in the above photo you posted?
    Actually I completely missed those! Thanks for the heads-up!

Alrighty, here are some pics from Space Mountain!

First up we have the wonderful Space Mountain logo on the side of the building. Note the corporate sponsorship! (Actually, I think its awesome that TDR does so well with corporate sponsorship. It is a great way to ensure that the money is there for refurbs and upgrades)

And of course, no set of photos of Space Mountain would be complete without a shot of the mountain against the blue sky

Here is one of the Space Mountain cast members. I noticed that many of the cast members are actually themed for their particular attraction rather than wearing a basic costume which would have them moving from attraction to attraction

Alright, I've checked the health warnings and I have none of this stuff... at least, not that I'm aware of... (actually this screen does show the warnings in both Japanese and English so no worries)

Now I get to take the moving walkway from the line outside of the building to the line inside of the building! Brilliant Disney!!!

Alright, this is a video screen you walk past that, iirc, gives you the story behind why a huge spaceship is inside Space Mountain

If I wanted to escape, here would be the place to do it. But I'm staying in the line. This is a nice idea though so people who change their mind or need to get out of line don't have to try to walk all the way back out (though, in retrospect, they may have done this because people can't really walk back down that moving walkway very easily...)

Ahh, and here is a shot of the ride vehicle! I would continue with more pictures but that is all I took since anything else would pretty much be black with little blurs of light. I did take a picture of the spaceship but it came out very poorly (apparently you need a tripod for a dark shot like that or steady hands, of which I had neither)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiiDesu View Post
    Oswald-

Clarice is Chip 'n Dales "girlfriend", she appeared in a couple of Disney shorts alongside them. Now why she is clothed while Chip is stark naked I have no clue...
    Don't forgot Gadget.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Banned User

Here is one of the Space Mountain cast members. I noticed that many of the cast members are actually themed for their particular attraction rather than wearing a basic costume which would have them moving from attraction to attraction
    You mean, the way that DL and WDW used to do before they went Gap cheap with Pressler.

Now I get to take the moving walkway from the line outside of the building to the line inside of the building! Brilliant Disney!!!
    If I recall well, DL's Space Mountain in CA also had a moving walkway up to the second level when the ride opened. But all that changed with the New Tomorrowland fiasco overlay, or when they build the 3D theater...

• World Traveler

Wonderful report and pictures! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You mean, the way that DL and WDW used to do before they went Gap cheap with Pressler.
    Tell me about it. I noticed that the new costumes at SSE were just a custom top - I don't think they went as upscale as Gap for the pants, as they could have come from Wal*Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    If I recall well, DL's Space Mountain in CA also had a moving walkway up to the second level when the ride opened. But all that changed with the New Tomorrowland fiasco overlay, or when they build the 3D theater...
    Ah, but that speedramp requires an additional cast member at the bottom to control the flow of people so they don't bunch up at the top.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm loving this! Can't wait to see more!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

awesome TR!

Looks like you had alot of fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast