Halloween and Christmas events in same trip?

Hello all, IM planning a trip to Tokyo Disney this year and I was thinking I might as well get the biggest bang for my very expensive buck, IM toying with the idea of flying in at about October 28th and staying for the Halloween events till the 31st, then go out and see some of Japan, and then head back to TDR around Nov 7 for the start of the Christmas Fantasy. What are your thoughts on this? I really want to see Dreamlights so I'd like to know if that is presented at this time of year. Also, would I be able to catch a "normal" non-holiday parade during this time of year? For instance, did they run Movin'On during Oct-Nov last year? Any help or thoughts would be great! =) Thanks everyone!

• Banned User

Re: Halloween and Christmas events in same trip?

I was there during the first week of Nov last year, and caught the x-mas big band show and some of the Christmas decorations... though many of the other holiday attractions hadn't been added yet. I think I missed them by a week or so.

I am sure someone will give you a better break down on when they precisely roll out the holiday stuff.

- Anatole

• Banned User

If I am not mistaken, the regular version of "Dreamlights" will play during the halloween event. Then it's turned into the Xmas version for the holidays. Also, during the transition week, the regular "Jubilation" parade should play. What I do not know at this point is.. since it is the 25th anniversary, will they play "Jubilation" in addition to the special event parades... During the 20th anniversary, "Disney Dreams on Parade" went on hiatus while they performed special anniversary event-related parades. I may assume this year's schedule will be the same...no?
    But honesly, it's a bit early to find out just yet, since they tend to be so secretive at OLC.

However.. I have done the same schedule you are planning to do: done Halloween late and then do other things in Tokyo or outside the city, then came back from the Xmas Fantasy/Harborside Xmas events. It can be done... if you have the dough.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the regular version of "Dreamlights" will play during the halloween event. Then it's turned into the Xmas version for the holidays. Also, during the transition week, the regular "Jubilation" parade should play. What I do not know at this point is.. since it is the 25th anniversary, will they play "Jubilation" in addition to the special event parades... During the 20th anniversary, "Disney Dreams on Parade" went on hiatus while they performed special anniversary event-related parades. I may assume this year's schedule will be the same...no?
    But honesly, it's a bit early to find out just yet, since they tend to be so secretive at OLC.

However.. I have done the same schedule you are planning to do: done Halloween late and then do other things in Tokyo or outside the city, then came back from the Xmas Fantasy/Harborside Xmas events. It can be done... if you have the dough.
    TDLFAN,
    Dreams On Parade did play all year durring the 20th

Here's a day of Show Times from Dec. 2003:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312070...t20031209.html

Now, I've been checking the current show times and as of now, no daytime parade is on for 4/8-4/10. I was hopeing TDL would soft open "Jubilation" durring 4/8-4/14. Do any of you think it could happen?

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

As this is the 25th Anniversary year, and Jubilation is the 25th Anniversary parade it should be performing every day through out the Anniversary. If it doesn't than its cheating guest in my opinion. Of course I'm willing to let them of the hook if the parade is canceled due to bad weather conditions.

And jrh1985 I think its always a possibility Jubilation may be in previews before the official start date.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    TDLFAN,

Now, I've been checking the current show times and as of now, no daytime parade is on for 4/8-4/10. I was hopeing TDL would soft open "Jubilation" durring 4/8-4/14. Do any of you think it could happen?
    The rumor on 2chan is that the preview could be on the 8th. It might not happen but I'm going anyways just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    The rumor on 2chan is that the preview could be on the 8th. It might not happen but I'm going anyways just in case!
    What is 2chan?

• Loves Mickey!

2 chan is a really big Japanese Internet forum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2channel

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    TDLFAN,

Thanks for the correction Joe. At my age, I already tend to forget things.

Also, one question.. speaking of previews.. when will they hold the Funderful Members' preview night for the lotto winners, and have they been notified? Am I already considered a looser?

Thanks for the correction Joe. At my age, I already tend to forget things.

Also, one question.. speaking of previews.. when will they hold the Funderful Members' preview night for the lotto winners, and have they been notified? Am I already considered a looser?
    Like the one you quoted.......

• Banned User

So, did I loose the lotto or are you insulting me?

So, did I loose the lotto or are you insulting me?
    I don't mean to insult you. I'm the one you quoted not Joe.

As for Lotto, I know nothing about it

• Banned User

Then I am also blind and quite embarrased.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWSageoftime View Post
    Hello all, IM planning a trip to Tokyo Disney this year and I was thinking I might as well get the biggest bang for my very expensive buck, IM toying with the idea of flying in at about October 28th and staying for the Halloween events till the 31st, then go out and see some of Japan, and then head back to TDR around Nov 7 for the start of the Christmas Fantasy. What are your thoughts on this? I really want to see Dreamlights so I'd like to know if that is presented at this time of year. Also, would I be able to catch a "normal" non-holiday parade during this time of year? For instance, did they run Movin'On during Oct-Nov last year? Any help or thoughts would be great! =) Thanks everyone!

WDWSageoftime...I am planning on doing the exact same thing you are doing. I arrive in Tokyo on October 22. This is my first trip to the TDR and I planned my trip so that I would be able to see the two different holiday celebrations.