Question Day Trips From TDL Resort?

Hello!

In June, my son and I will be staying at the Hotel Miracosta for a week (used DVC points). Although I realize it's hard to believe, we'd actually like to take a couple of day trips AWAY from TDL! Does anyone have any information on tours that operate from the TDL area to places such as Mt Fuji? Also, is there an email address that I can use to communicate with the Hotel Miracosta staff?

Thank you in advance!

• Banned User

Re: Day Trips From TDL Resort?

Several companies in Tokyo offer city tours, Mt Fuji/Hakone tours..etc etc. You can get all that info from the hotel's front desk/concierge staff. I do not have an email to the hotel but I have never had any problems booking such tours one or two days before taking them.
    JoeinJpn and TDR_Fan know a lot about the Miracosta hotel and might be able to help better if they see this topic.
    Also, that is great you are using DVC points to stay there... have a blast and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    Hello!

In June, my son and I will be staying at the Hotel Miracosta for a week (used DVC points). Although I realize it's hard to believe, we'd actually like to take a couple of day trips AWAY from TDL! Does anyone have any information on tours that operate from the TDL area to places such as Mt Fuji? Also, is there an email address that I can use to communicate with the Hotel Miracosta staff?

Thank you in advance!
    One of the companies that seems to have brochures in Tokyo hotels is JTB/Sunrise (although I note that I've never taken any of the tours myself). See http://www.jtbgmt.com/sunrisetour/index.aspx.

JTB also has several sales offices in the US, so you can talk to someone here (assuming you're in the US) before you leave and book a tour in advance.

• HKDL is in my timezone!

Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    Hello!

Thank you in advance!
    There are heaps of cool day trips you can do from TDR on your own using the train, your feet and buses. You may find packaged tours too restrictive and it's really not that hard or daunting to get around Japan independently, so it is worth considering the arguably more rewarding independent travel option.

Alternatively organised tours may be right up your alley and suit you fine, in which case ignore this post.
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011