Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pics and report of 1st trip to Tokyo Disney, 3/5

Hello all,

I've really enjoyed seeing all of your pic's and thought I'd put up some of my own from my recent trip. This my first time posting so hopefully they won't turn out too bad. I'll be putting up a few at a time.

Here's the view that met us as we left the train station, and this was a Wednesday!

There were a huge number of teenagers, wonder if it was a holiday.... I think the small tower on the right is Tokyo's version of city hall.

I rather liked the whole covered main street idea and thought it somehow oddly worked. That's the back of the main entrance you see at the end of the street.

As you approach Tomorrowland it goes into a sort of 50's and art deco theme; it would have been nice if that carried into tomorrowland a bit. It also would have been nice if more of the storefronts in world bazaar were actually open.

This exit leads directly to Pirates of the Caribbean. There's a nice blend here from main st. to new orleans square.

Part of Pirates' extra indoor line area that Disneyland does not have. I wonder where those big staircases go? Notice how the paintings (with no glass) are easily within reach. Everything was immaculate.

Disneyland no longer has the hyenas in this scene because one person thought it was offensive...

Tokyo's trader sam. I can't remember if Florida has the same version or not.

That's Adventureland's entrance bridge from the Swiss Family Treehouse.

And this would be Tokyo waaayyy in the distance from the treehouse. You also might see the giant ferris wheel above world bazaar if you squint.

Splash Mtn. and DisneySea through the branches.

I think this area of adventureland is unique to Tokyo. Reminds me of Typhoon Lagoon.

Well, that's it for now. I've got more if these aren't too boring.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Pics and report of 1st trip to Tokyo Disney, 3/5

What are you talking if we find these pictures boring, ku1313 your pictures are great and very much welcome on here I can't wait to view the rest.

Regarding your coment about many of the farcades in World Bazaar not having stuff inside them, I believe that to be in correct, someone feel free to correct me on this through. I think the line of buildings that were included in your picture was in fact the parks version of Club 33.

• Banned User

- Anatole
    Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Not sure where the stairs in the Pirates queue go to. However when I was there last week in a 60 minute line. A CM popped down the stairs, then lots of squealing occurred, then who should appear down the stairs but Captain Jack Sparrow. It was so funny, all the girls started to scream, and the phones all came out to take photos. There was this sea of Disney character ears bobbing up and down, trying to see and take photos. It was very cute. Talk about a rock star moment, Jack must get a bit of a kick out of that!

So I'm guessing it must be a cast area of some kind. Love the photos by the way too. It was crazy busy when I was there too. I know it was spring break for the Japanese also. However with fast pass, and planning we were able to see everything we wanted to...oh apart from the Pooh ride, but I can live with that!

• World Traveler

How wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

• hatbox ghost believer

Fabulous piccies. Thanks for sharing!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great Pics

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Not sure where the stairs in the Pirates queue go to. However when I was there last week in a 60 minute line. A CM popped down the stairs, then lots of squealing occurred, then who should appear down the stairs but Captain Jack Sparrow. It was so funny, all the girls started to scream, and the phones all came out to take photos. There was this sea of Disney character ears bobbing up and down, trying to see and take photos. It was very cute. Talk about a rock star moment, Jack must get a bit of a kick out of that!
    Thats a great story and does not suprise me one bit. Stitch is another character the girls all love too. Also happy to see this attraction still posting 60 minute waits, Jack Sparrow has had a very positive impact on this attraction.Just hope Johnny Depp never decides to visit, as I would worry about his safety.

• Loves Mickey!

Nice pictures thank you for sharing them!

Hi again, here's my part two of Tokyo Disneyland-

I had forgotten how much detail was in the swiss family treehouse, even the straw hat was in the film-

Here's one more of main st, i mean, er, world bazaar-

This model of the mark twain is displayed on its dock. I loved how strange it was seeing 'mark twain' spelled in katakana on the bow of the actual boat.

A view of castle rock on tom sawyer island. All the rockwork here matches big thunder.

They have this cool skull that shoots out leaping water on the opposite side.

Who remembers carousel rock from Disneyland? Well, they still have it here. It may not look like a whole rock, but it spins! They also had a similar looking 'teeter totter', but I couldn't get it to do anything.

You can't tell from the flash photo, but in this dark cave those blue stones had a wonderful eerie glow.

This map also appears in the cave.

Good 'ol injun joe's cave-

I don't remember this at all in the states. The cross marks the location of the hidden treasure. In the tokyo disneyland dvd, they show gold coins embedded around this area but I never noticed them when I was there.

Tom and Huck's treehouse, and probably the only 'graffiti' at tokyo disney.

Fort sam clemens is very much how I remember the one in anaheim, snack stand and all.

This cast member was 'painting' characters with water and a broom, and they were really good! I guess he has alot of time to practice.

The back exit to the fort, which leads to-

- a cemetary and indian village.

This scene appears on the river. Funny how both those eagles and prairie dogs(?) made appearances in anaheim, but in different places.

The indian scenes along the river are quite extensive.

I've seen old pictures of this burial scene in anaheim, but don't think it currently exists there or anywhere else besides tokyo.

Well, that'll do it for today. As you can see, Tokyo really is this odd time capsule of what the parks in anaheim and orlando are and were. Hope you're enjoying it, I'll get some more up tomorrow.
    Last edited by ku1313; 04-01-2008 at 10:49 PM.

• Banned User

Thank you for another round of great detailed pictures. And your right TDL has done a great job of keeping some of the older attractions in great shape over the years. And is a good example of showing people how the parks in the States once look, before the neglect and expensive placemaking projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thank you for another round of great detailed pictures. And your right TDL has done a great job of keeping some of the older attractions in great shape over the years. And is a good example of showing people how the parks in the States once look, before the neglect and expensive placemaking projects.
    You are so right, everything is so bright and shiny new looking. Splash Mountain was my favorite for the "Wow this looks great" factor.

Hope you're ready for some more-
    This guy was great, they had several of the country bears walking around.

I never knew clarabelle cow and horace were walk-around characters.

Mmmmm... A heart shaped meat patty, courtesy the queen of hearts restaurant. I'm not sure why, but I was kinda disappointed with the place. It felt more decorative than immersive, if that makes sense. Maybe it was just the long line we had to wait in just to get in.

I think this guy is Barnaby Owl? He's in the line for Splash Mtn. If you wanted to, you could of just reached up and grabbed him, he was that close. Of course, no one would even think of that over there.

Hmmm... something that looks kinda cool but doesn't do anything. A predecessor to Disneyland's Observatron? (actually, I think this thing looks better.) Star Tours' 'hangar' looks great, definitely the best show bldng. and line of any star tours.

Don't remember seeing any of these bird guys in the other star tours. Wonder if they're 'rejects' from the tiki room or perhaps the crow from the haunted mansion.

They even have 2 R2-D2's, the one in the starspeeder, and this one checking cargo as you exit.

A security droid seen as you exit. He's talking to his robo-girlfriend on the tv.

The massive exit ramp from star tours with the Monster's Inc. bldng. rising in the background.

That's the castle as seen from the maihama train platform. Crazy to think some people see this view on their commute to work every day.

Well, I'll wrap it up soon with pics from Disney Sea. Unfortunately I couldn't get as many there as I would have liked because of camera issues, but I guess that's just another reason for me to go back.....

• Banned User

Thanks for another round of beautiful pics.

What I'm enjoying about your photo's is that instead of showing us the usual photo spots we have seen over and over again you have been sharing with us some of the unique stuff found at this Resort.

Oh sorry you found The Queen of Hearts to be a dissapointment, I personally love the theme of the Restuarant, hope by the way you found the food here enjoyable!

Can't wait to see your TDS pics

• Seasick

Great photos, thanks for sharing. I went in 2002 and everything about the park was just perfect. You've really captured its unique qualities compared to other Disney parks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast