New popcorn buckets?

So the last time I was there, I made a careful inventory of all the available popcorn buckets, but decided to go with the utterly cute pink princess one (it was Princess Day celebration or something at the time.) Does anyone know if they've come out with any new exciting ones in the last year or two? I'm wondering if it's worth bringing my old one (or is it like the refillable mugs at WDW and you're not supposed to?) or whether I'm just going to be compelled to buy another one anyway.

Thanks.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: New popcorn buckets?

You can for sure bring your old buckets with no problem except like you said you might want to purchase a new one. The special events popcorn buckets are always at least a little different so for example you princess bucket had a 2008 edition this year. Also there will definately be one for the 25th so you might want to buy that one.

• Banned User

There have been several new buckets... special event ones. I collect most of them and I think I must have over 50 TDR popcorn buckets from the last decade or longer!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There have been several new buckets... special event ones. I collect most of them and I think I must have over 50 TDR popcorn buckets from the last decade or longer!!
    Oh my! I couldn't believe how popular they were. I moan if I have to carry a coat around the park. These things are pretty large (as were the lines for the carts!) By the way, I was amazed at how much stuff people brought into the parks with them. I was a bit under whelmed with some of the merchandise (I had high hopes) but I can see how the popcorn buckets would work as a collectible. Darn it, should have picked one up!!

Hmm. Sounds like I'll probably succumb to temptation and get another one anyway. They're kind of cumbersome to pack, if I had to bring 2 home.

I don't know what it is about the popcorn buckets: I can usually keep a lid on comparing TDR to DL/WDW for most things, but for some reason the sight of those ugly, generic, clumsy, strapless, flat-printed popcorn buckets they have out here just enrages me. It would almost be better for me if they didn't have them at all out here, than to see them produce something that is so utterly inferior, and which probably sells so well irregardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    These things are pretty large (as were the lines for the carts!)
    Yes especially for Curry Popcorn in Adventureland, by god was it long. It is good popcorn that's for sure, but waiting that long for it, is just insane.

Think of all the rides you could be on.

• Banned User

The newest of the buckets is a Princess one being sold in Fantasyland. Next week, the 25th anniversary bucket will go on sale... plus TDS' Spring Carnival bucket will also be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like I'll probably succumb to temptation and get another one anyway. They're kind of cumbersome to pack, if I had to bring 2 home.

They don't take much room when packed in luggage if you clean them out and then stuff clothes in them - hardly any room at all.