Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Tokyo Disneyland Dream Box DVD Review

So yesterday when i got home from work to my surprise there was a package on my doorstep! And i jumped with excitement and already knew that it was my Tokyo Disneyland Dream Box DVD Set!! I opened it and was so excited with amazement with the coverart and DVD Boxes! I couldn't read the captions on the box since it was all in japanesse so; i popped the first disc into my DVD player and was ready to view all the magic!!. So Here's my review!! DISC 1 Covers all of the Parades that Tokyo has had to offer from the 1983 Grand Opening Parade, to the 5th Anniversary, Electrical Parade, Fantasy on Parade, ect... to todays Dreams on Parade Moving On! Disc 2 Covers all of the Stageshows and Special Events from the 10th Anniversary It's Magical Castle Stageshow to One Mans Dream, Club Disney, D-Pop Magic, Halloween & Christmas Events! They forgot to add One Mans Dream II to the list! Disc 3 is the Brilliant "15th Anniversary Viva Magic Castle Show" It was awesome! I loved evrey bit of it! Man this puts other stageshows to shame' at the other parks!. The good thing is that the footage is fast but they try to show all of the floats and highlights of each parade and show as it was presented, while other shows look like they were recorded on a cam corder but they are all here to view for the first time ever! This DVD set is a must for any show or parade lover from the tokyo disneyland park. With its great history of entertainment through the years its a wonderful treasure for all to view and enjoy! If you haven't ordered it you must!!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Dream Box DVD Review

Sounds good, I am currently awaiting arrival for my order and can't wait. I've obviously not had the joy to see any of these past events in person, so it will be a great treat to watch.

Only down fall to them releasing this DVD Box Set is that it shows how great a lot of these past events have been, and just how OLC have cut back on these in recent years.

• Banned User

It's a great set. Of course, it hits me hard since I got to experience a lot of the stuff covered on these dvds first hand and in person. So for me watching it means a flow of emotions relived.
    Try watching without the japanese narration, and in a wide screen TV. Plus... caution: there are your obligatory character introduction moments before the show really gets going. Expect to see highlights of the show, and sometimes the music does not match the actual images... still... it is a MUST HAVE souvenir from the park.

ALSO...Get the TDR Dream book as well as a companion to this dvd set. It features outstanding photography from the TDR, and a bonus 15 mins dvd called "The Colors of TDR"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Only down fall to them releasing this DVD Box Set is that it shows how great a lot of these past events have been, and just how OLC have cut back on these in recent years.
    That's only your opinion. To most people who have not experienced TDR's entertainment, it will all look great. It does to me, maybe because even when OLC cuts back.. it is still much much more than what we get at the other resorts... especially WDW and DLPr.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That's only your opinion. To most people who have not experienced TDR's entertainment, it will all look great. It does to me, maybe because even when OLC cuts back.. it is still much much more than what we get at the other resorts... especially WDW and DLPr.
    So that makes it alright does it, you can be ignorant to the fact OLC has cut back its entertainment greatly over the last few years, and try and brush it of and compare it to the other Disney Resorts all you want but the DVD shows the evidence. But if you enjoy silly meet and greets instead of castle stage shows more power to you, after all its not me paying out the $700 + for an Annual Pass each year.

Are they selling these at the parks too? Or only online?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post

You can buy it at Amazon Japan. Make sure that you have Region 2 in your DVD player through.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Yes, these DVD's (individual and 3-disc set) have been selling at the Parks since mid-March.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So that makes it alright does it, you can be ignorant to the fact OLC has cut back its entertainment greatly over the last few years, and try and brush it of and compare it to the other Disney Resorts all you want but the DVD shows the evidence. But if you enjoy silly meet and greets instead of castle stage shows more power to you, after all its not me paying out the $700 + for an Annual Pass each year.
    You are just jealous. But get your facts straight.. that's $600 a year for the AP. And NO, I am not ignorant about the cut backs OLC has done, but you seem to be ignorant about what goes on at the other parks and why TDR still does it better. Hence the reason why I don't bother much with it. One question... what's that on your head? An alfalfa stick?

• Banned User

What exactly do I have to be jealous of here. Also 75.000 Yen put into US Dollars is over $700.00 so check for yourself.

No TDLFAN I am not ignorant to what goes on in the other parks and will give criticism when its needed. The reason you don't seem to notice this is maybe because I'll make my point and move on, unlike you who will go on and on and on about it. I also question you saying TDR does it better than the other parks as this is not true from my stand point on some issues. Each park has its good and bad points, but you only concentrate on the good points with one Resort and the bad points with another.

Oh and its a shame you have to drop to personal insults with that alfalfa stick comment, clearly it proves you are unable to have a serious debate with out going to name calling.
    Last edited by Malin; 04-08-2008 at 01:46 AM.

• Membre

I just received mine from Amazon Japan! And I loved every seconds of it, now I want to go there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    I just received mine from Amazon Japan! And I loved every seconds of it, now I want to go there.
    Of course you do and you SHOULD go! Especially this year!!

• Banned User

I finally got hold of a copy today and spent the last three hours watching everything. If your into TDR past Entertainment I certainly recomend buying this fantastic box set. It even included shows I had no idea existed like Mickey's Space Fantasy, or something like that.

Only thing I don't understand is why on both DVD's it shows the same intro of the fab five.

The two DVD's are also sold separately.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

"Mickey's Space Fantasy" was the first event I saw at TDL, and was an event to commemorate the opening of Star Tours...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast