Looking at hotels

We're looking at a visit during the 1st or 2nd week of June.

While my dream is the MiraCosta, wowsers it's pricey!

Our secondary is Palm & Fountain Terrace.

Any preferences, pluses, minuses, advice or tips would be sincerely appreciated.

We're aiming for the 4 day passes, hoping to be able to fit as much in as posible.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking at hotels

I'd go with the Palm and Fountain Terrace. Stayed at one of the 2 can't remember what one though.

The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms are somewhat comfortable, depending on how many people are going. Convenient and Disney store within the Hotel downstairs, buy the tickets for the park from the front desk and just get on the courtesy bus to get yourself to the parks.

Also theres a bus service going from the airport to P&F and vise versa.

• Loves Mickey!

I live close to the hotels and they look nice. One thing is that is you want to use the Shinurayasu station the walking distance is not super close I'd say it's like an 18 minute walk. Other than that there are some nice cafes and restaurants in close walking distance. Of course you have a conbini (I think it's Lawsons) in the hotel. If you like I can take some pictures around the area for you. I think the TDLFAN actually took pictures in and around the hotel if I'm not mistaked so you would probably want to check those out too. Goodluck planning your trip!

Thank you both so much. I'm trying to find TDLFAN's info right now!

ichigopara - Just to make sure I'm reading this right, you are saying that we should use the Shinurayasu station, even though the walking distance is far?

It will be just me and my husband, so we really won't need that much room. What should the weather be like during those 2 weeks? It looks to be in all of the hotels "value season". Does this mean that the crowd levels might be lower?

Thanks for everyones help!

• Banned User

Well.. you are coming during rainy season, so yes, there is the chance of lower crowds at the parks.
    as for the Shin-Urayasu idea... if you have luggage on the day you arrive, just take a taxi from there to the hotel. The ride is short and the taxi fare should be around 800 yen.

• Loves Mickey!

Thinking about it you don't really need to use Shinurayasu station because if you wanted to go into Tokyo or needed to use the train you could just take the bus to Disneyland and use Maihama station. Sorry about the confusion I was a bit tired yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. you are coming during rainy season, so yes, there is the chance of lower crowds at the parks.
    as for the Shin-Urayasu idea... if you have luggage on the day you arrive, just take a taxi from there to the hotel. The ride is short and the taxi fare should be around 800 yen.
    We will have luggage, and I will want to get to the park as soon as possible, so the taxi idea is a good one. In reading about the "Partner Hotels", it looks like there is a service that will transport our luggage to the hotel for 500 yen. Do you think this would be a good idea?

About the rainy season... how rainy is rainy? Is it an all day type of rain or more like rain at WDW in summer? I want to see "BraviSEAmo!" and "Jubilation" so badly, but I'm assuming they shut down for rain...

Now the husband is leaning towards staying at the MiraCosta. I keep telling him he needs to make up his mind soon! Teasing me with a stay there is almost criminal!

Thanks so much again, I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Thinking about it you don't really need to use Shinurayasu station because if you wanted to go into Tokyo or needed to use the train you could just take the bus to Disneyland and use Maihama station. Sorry about the confusion I was a bit tired yesterday.
    No worries! I appreciate any and all input that you are willing to give. The opportunity for us to take this trip was very sudden, and I don't have the time I usually do to research and plan. I need all the help I can get!

• Loves Mickey!

Sending your luggage on ahead to the hotel is so worth it, just make sure of what time it will arrive so you have the things you need.

BTW, you can use this link to check if there are rooms still available.

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/english/r...el_rsv_e1.html

it looks like the miracosta's still have some rooms in the 1st 2 weeks of june, but they may not be the cheap ones.

Good Luck

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mismoo View Post
    About the rainy season... how rainy is rainy? Is it an all day type of rain or more like rain at WDW in summer? I want to see "BraviSEAmo!" and "Jubilation" so badly, but I'm assuming they shut down for rain..
    Depends... there are days where it rains constantly. Some other days, it does not. You just have to have good luck and hit the parks on days the rain stays away.