• Loves Mickey!

25th anniversary video

I went with my son yesterday so it was a bit difficult to get a good place to watch the opening ceremony even though we got there at 6:50am. I sat on the wrong side of the street (it was to early for my brain to function, lol) and and wasn't able to see the main stage well but had a good place for the parade afterwards of all the characters and dancers. Let me tell you that maybe I am easily impressed but to me it was just amazing. The people gave their speeches and then Mickey appears at the top of the castle. He then goes inside comes out at the bottom and is followed by a flood of characters and what must have been every performer from e-productions. I had started video taping and just stopped to watch because it was just so incredible to see all those people in front of the castle! I did videotape the parade after though and to me it was absolutely fantastic and looking at all the costumes from previous years so I hope you guys can enjoy it too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALN3IFHV

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: 25th anniversary video

Let me tell you that maybe I am easily impressed but to me it was just amazing. The people gave their speeches and then Mickey appears at the top of the castle. He then goes inside comes out at the bottom and is followed by a flood of characters and what must have been every performer from e-productions.
    I can see where your coming from here, I was lucky enough to attend the 50th Anniversary Ceremony on July 17th 2005, after spending my night in line. It was a great experience being very near the stage and being able to see the likes of Art Linkletter, Bob Iger, California Governer Arnold Schwarzenegger and Diane Disney Miller. The moment where Walt's dedication speech was played, and all the characters apeared on stage is a very found memory of mine. So I can see where your coming from being amazed at attending an event for TDL 25th. Its an experience that not only marks a very important milestone, but also one that will never be repeated again.

I did videotape the parade after though and to me it was absolutely fantastic and looking at all the costumes from previous years so I hope you guys can enjoy it too.
    Thank you for sharing the video, its very apreciated for you to think of those of us who were unable to attend

• The Darkness to Light

Thank you for that video and that surprisingly very clear audio, especially for an MPG file. [/nerd]

Same question I asked in another thread, but this one is more valid now that I've heard the "parade" version of Dreams Go On from beginning to end in your video: Why didn't they use this for Jubilation's show mode? And I mean the whole song, not just it being tagged on the end through a forced transition from HSM2.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Why didn't they use this for Jubilation's show mode?
    Maybe because that music is horrible?

• Loves Mickey!

This guy has better video where you can actually see the front and stage! Also I can see myself in part 2 which is weird...

Opening ceremony pt.1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOF3rFebBfE

Opening ceremony pt.2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uro48BaTo

Thanks for the vid and youtube links!

I can't believe how many cast members are there. A flood of characters just bursts through the castle. That would have been awesome to see in person.

So jealous! Can't wait to get my butt across the pacific.

B-Dex, there were supposed to be over 250 dancers and characters come out during the ceremony. I love these types of moments when the performers wear costumes from past events and shows. TDL is very good at keeping that tradition alive as they also do it for the countdown parades.

My video of the ceremony turned out shaky but I still have the whole ceremony and most of the following parade.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Maybe because that music is horrible?
    I didn't think it was that bad. Of course, you and I have opposing views on "Just Like We Dreamed It," so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

By the way Zeekslider did you get a chance to read the interview by Sunny Hilden, Songwriter of Just Like We Dreamed it, I posted the link in the DLRP section, but I'm not sure how often you visit that area, anyway its an interesting read. Credit DLRPToday.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/...we-dreamed-it/

My video of the ceremony turned out shaky but I still have the whole ceremony and most of the following parade.
    Talking of which, when do you plan to post coverage of the 25th Anniversary on the site?