Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Is anyone staying here after it opens. i am planning on going to Japan in 2009 and on my last three days of my trip i am planning on staying in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. i am confused by the hotel rooms. i want a room that has a view of disneyland.

What is the difference between superior room and superior room (parkside). on the main website it say that all standard rooms face disneyland. is this true or is superior room (parkside) only has views of the disney park. here is the place where i got the different room descriptions are http://www.disneyhotels.jp/english/r...h_price_e.html

and here is the room categories http://www.disneyhotels.jp/english/reserve/tdh_map.html

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Our very own JoeinJpn will be staying at TDLH on the official opening day. Lucky dog!

No opening day for me. That would be awesome though!

I will be staying there later this year!

All superior rooms face Tokyo Disneyland, but the parkside views face it directly.

• Minion

I won't be able to get there opening day, but I'll be there 5 days after.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

FYI, there are still plenty of rooms available in September and October. In time for the Halloween season.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Minion

Joe, just out of curiosity, what type of room did you decide to book at the hotel?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

From your second link, I would say that the rooms they specifically designate as "parkside" are the ones that are closest to, or which full on face the park (the dark pink ones.) The light pink rooms that are just "standard" will be on the half of the hotel that is closest to the park, but appear to not necessarily face the park, as some of them face off to the side or are obliquely angled.

My best guess would be that if you were determined to have a view of the park, you'd be better off getting the "parkside" standard rooms, because the other ones don't look like they necessarily do.

The other thing is that the monorail station is situated between the hotel and DL, so I would think that unless you were pretty high up, you might just wind up looking at the park from behind the station. That's why I thought the parkside rooms at the Hilton, from the one I saw on the 9th floor, hardly seemed worth it, because you were basically looking at the park at some distance, from over the monorail station and a vast expanse of parking lot.

Let there be light

• Banned User

Ok.. now I just want to cry, simply because I had over 800 photos from TDR, including many night time shots of the TDLH, and due to my PC's crashing last week, I have been unable to post my long planned trip report with photos... which may be lost forever, since my hard drive is dead.

Lovely shot up above... and that's only a sample of how stunning this hotel has turned out.

• Established 2005

That's terrible to hear! Mine crashed after my first 9 months in Japan, and I cried for days. Very very sad. I hope you are able to recover SOMETHING!

Now, I copy all to my external every two days. Trust!

• Banned User

Problem is... the PC belongs to my other half since he paid for it... but he bought it without a cd/dvd writter... so I have never been able to copy my files.. so.. it's a major tragedy here...

Now let me go cry a little and figure how I can share my pics from DLP yesterday... since this laptop I am using also belongs to the other half and I am prohibited from downloading disney "crap" (as he calls it)... boohoo to the better half!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Now let me go cry a little and figure how I can share my pics from DLP yesterday... since this laptop I am using also belongs to the other half and I am prohibited from downloading disney "crap" (as he calls it)... boohoo to the better half!!!
    [indignant/]Certainly doesn't sound like a better half![/indignant]

Have you looked into online storage like XDrive and SugarSync? The free accounts don't offer much storage, but you can at least keep a back-up of your most important files.

I hope you can salvage your files--that's my worst nightmare as I'm terrible about backing up and have photo files spread across 3 different computers and hard drives.

• Banned User

I won't be able to salvage the files... The Dell people tell me I have a faulty hard drive and the WindowsXP program needs to be re-installed which means the loss of any data while formatting the drive.. So seems I have no choice but live with it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Sorry to hear about that. I hate losing data. I've known quite a few people who's computers crashed and never recovered. So, I bought an external hard drive to make sure my valuable stuff doesn't get lost. I have had some stuff get lost before, but not a whole drive. Make sure when you get a new PC to get some kind of external drive or something to save files to.

• Loves Mickey!

I'm sorry you can't recover your files. Did you at least get to print any of your photo's? At leats you can remember your experiences with your friends and loved ones and maybe the people you were with at the time for at least some of them can send you their photo's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast