Coming late in the day? and other questions

Hi everyone,
    I'm planning to go to Tokyo Disneyland next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'd rather do Tuesday as it is apparently the last day Pooh's Hunny Hunt is open before it closes for maintenance. However, that will be our first day in Tokyo and we had already booked an morning fish market tour that day.

Two major questions:
    -If I arrive at Tokyo Disneyland late, like around 11 or noon, and plan on staying until late, is that a bad idea in terms of crowds/etc? Will it be worse later in the day?
    -Is it worth it to go out of my way to go on a day that Pooh's Hunny Hunt is open? And if I go on that last day, will I likely have to wait in line for like 4 hours for it? I'd like to see it, but not if the park will be super mobbed that day.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Banned User

Re: Coming late in the day? and other questions

Hunny Hunt is such an unique attraction that is totally worth it to visit TDR just for it. However, arriving at TDL sometime after 11am would mean one or two things... risking getting there after Fastpasses for Hunny Hunt are gone, or else.. getting a fastpass at the very end of the day if you are lucky to get there and fastpasses are still available. I do not know how the crowds will be on the day of your visit, but in my experience, TDL is always busy and Hunny Hunt is the one ride where Fastpasses go the fastest, which means.. for anyone arriving there after noon time, expect long lines in the stand by queue. Doubtful the stand by wait will be 4 hrs like you fear. Usually stand by lines will be somewhere between 75 mins to even around 2 hrs long, tops. The ride does last about 4 minutes, and it is a great E-ticket... but if you can do this ride with a Fastpass, it would be best for you, leaving time to enjoy the many other rides, shows and events that happen daily at TDL. Remember... this park is unlike the MK at WDW, where you can take it at leisure. There is so much to do at TDL, you will pretty much be active and busy all day long.

My advise is to take a chance and GO. Get there as soon as possible in the morning before 12 noon. As soon as you enter the park, head IMMEDIATELY to the fastpass distribution area which is located across from the Hunny Hunt attraction itself. If FPs are avail, then get one right away. If not... then do Hunny Hunt later in the day once the sun goes down because the stand by wait area is outdoors and if you have to stand there for a long time, it would be better to do it once the sun goes down. Not to mention, the 100 woods acres are more enjoyable in the night time. Hehehe.

But like I said... there are a million things to do at TDL.. so with or without a FP for Hunny Hunt, you will be rather busy in the meantime until the right time to go on Hunny Hunt.

DO NOT be affraid of a long line, as you will encounter many at TDL without a Fastpass... so Hunny Hunt is no different.

• Loves Mickey!

It has not been very busy lately so I think if you get there around 11 it should be fine, maybe. Even during golden week it is was only filled to capacity once barely instead of the average three days it usually happens. In any case I could go early the day you plan on going and get a fastpass for you if you like but I would only be able to get you two. TDLFAN is right on with what he is saying the wait would probably be around 2 hours at the longest and there is so much to enjoy so have lots of fun!!

While I'm sure it varies depending on the day, my experience on going late (around 7pm) was that the lines were rather short. Pooh was the last ride I went on before the park closed, and it was virtually a walk on, as was Splash Mountain before it.

One thing I did notice was that the parks don't waste any time shutting down--I think the Mickey Mouse Revue closed around 30 minutes before the park closing time, and a few other rides were closed before official closing as well.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    One thing I did notice was that the parks don't waste any time shutting down--I think the Mickey Mouse Revue closed around 30 minutes before the park closing time, and a few other rides were closed before official closing as well.
    That's actually a really good point that you bring up. People have to make it on time to the trains so like you said even though it's not closing time some of the lines may be closed early so that the attraction can be closed on time and the same goes for restaurants so you should make sure if you plan on dinning late to check what time they are taking the last orders.

Wow, thanks for the replies - this is really helpful. I will try to come later that day as it sounds like it is worth it to see hunny hunt. in my childhood i recall waiting 2.5 to 3 hours for rides at disneyland in anaheim (star tours and splash mountain when they first opened, among others) so 2 hours is handle-able.

ichigopara, i really appreciate your offer. i would definitely take you up on it only if you're serious and it wouldn't be any trouble, as i only need two - for my husband and i.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    Correct. Example.. if a line is posting a 45 minutes wait, most likely they will close the line 45 minutes before official park closing time. This is one of those TDR-exclusive situations. Reason why it is not recommended to wait until the very end to ride Pooh, or any other attraction that may have a long line.

As for Ichigopara... she won't get in trouble for helping, and that is a very nice offer on her part.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by alexidarling View Post
    Wow, thanks for the replies - this is really helpful. I will try to come later that day as it sounds like it is worth it to see hunny hunt. in my childhood i recall waiting 2.5 to 3 hours for rides at disneyland in anaheim (star tours and splash mountain when they first opened, among others) so 2 hours is handle-able.

ichigopara, i really appreciate your offer. i would definitely take you up on it only if you're serious and it wouldn't be any trouble, as i only need two - for my husband and i.
    I always bring the little one around the middle of the week anyways so it's no trouble. One more thing to keep in mind is that the weather has been really freaky. It's the middle of May and it's become winter cold again so bring warm clothing just in case.

Thanks ichigopara! That's incredibly kind of you. We are planning to go Tuesday. Would that be convenient for you? Is there a way to message you my contact info?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by alexidarling View Post
    Thanks ichigopara! That's incredibly kind of you. We are planning to go Tuesday. Would that be convenient for you? Is there a way to message you my contact info?
    Tuesday is fine and if you need anything on wednesday I think I can also make it that day. Thankfully the weather is looking normal again so hopefully it stays that way! Just pm me your info and when you will be able to make it to the park.