Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Yo!

Starlight Dreams

Is this what I think it is?!?! TDL finally putting on a big fireworks show again???

Sadly, I can't seem to find any English information about this show. The only thing that clued me in was a listing on www.resortathome.com for the show's CD, as well as a new piece of concept art that appeared on the official 25th site under the "2nd Stage."

Anyone have more info? If this is indeed a new version of "Starlight Magic," then I'm one happy ghost.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Starlight Dreams

That concept art looks good!! The fireworks show now is pretty but just standard this looks very exciting and fun!

I'm not exactly sure what Starlight Dreams is, but I can give you a rough* translation of what the entry on TDR's site says about the picture, and you can go from there:

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Disney Resort
    7/8-8/31

Tokyo Disneyland Summer Night Entertainment

"New Night Show"

Fire, water, and other special effects will fill the stage in front of Cinderella Castle as this special exciting 25th anniversary show livens up the summer night.
    *Based on my limited Japanese skills, combined with a Kanji dictionary and a goodly amount of assumptions, your mileage might vary.

• The Darkness to Light

Oooo, sounds like a night show that I should keep an eye on. It has the potential to out perform the awesomeness of Remember simply by the fact they are using all three of their castles firing units (pyro, flamethrowers, and water).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The concept art also has pyro coming from directly behind the castle...this is interesting, in that usually it's off to the left so that it can be seen from both parks. I wonder if this will be a return to a more "centered" show? Hey, if they have lasers, it will be over the top...combined with fire, water, and fireworks!

• Banned User

This to me screams... "Blazing Rhythms: 25th anniversary edition", and my educated guess tells me, it won't be a new fireworks show like Starlight Magic, which wasn't as great as many people think here. Now, "Magic in the Sky" back during the 10th anniversary. that was a nice show.

BTW... the Dreams Fireworks shows was cancelled again tonight due to strong winds.. I believe we have a typhoon somewhere close to south Japan.

• Yo!

^ Pyro-wise, I agree about Starlight Magic. Still, the lighting effects were really good. If they can incorporate all their new technologies into a new show (fire, water, lasers, etc.) then they have the potential to put on a really great show.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• The Darkness to Light

I just realized that the only thing missing from TDL's castle armory of nighttime entertainment spectacular is full-motion video projectors. I know they have still image projection capabilities, but every time they animated something on the castle, it was either a lazer image or a simple still image that moved in one direction or another.

Meanwhile, WDW's castle lacks decent flamethrowers. I'm not sure what Paris's castle has.

• Yo!

^ Paris doesn't have flamethrowers, but it has video projection capabilities as well as lasers. Surprisingly, I'd say the stateside parks have the least advanced castle effects, as HKDL, DLP, and TDL all have the capability of projecting moving images on the castle (though arguably DLP does this to the best effect).
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Loves Mickey!

The website for Starlight Dreams website has been udated and it says that the show will be 2 times a day with the duration 20 minutes long and will be shown at 7:20 and and 9:05 according to the schedule they have up on the website. The intresting point is that Starlight Dreams replaces the Dreams fireworks show. I'm really starting to look forward the the summer program at TDL because there is a lot more to see and do!

• The Darkness to Light

I can't wait to see video of this show. The summer so far has been rather dead for me.

• Banned User

I am not expecting much.. Maybe something similar to the nighttime pirate show last year... water flying out of the castle drenching everyone... and some pyro...with crazy dancing around the hub. Hopefully I am wrong.

Resortathome.com just posted a video. Almost everything in this thread was right on. Lasers on the castle, water blasts, even uses some of the music from Blazing Rthyms. Not to mention, the show made almost zero sense.

Will this take the place of Dreams? I think I would have that over Starlight Dreams.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I saw that video too, and thought the same thing. It's not bad, but it's not great either. It seems like it's a mixture of every Disney show ever. It has the mist screens with projections like Fantasmic. It uses some of the music from "Starlight Magic", and "Blazing Rhythms". It has Mickey battling villains, it has fire erupting from the castle. Lasers, strobes, pyro, water. Mickey even makes an appearance in the tallest turret like past fireworks shows. Plus, there's a giant crane arm that comes out of nowhere to "float" Mickey above the stage. That part seemed kind of useless, since it didn't even go very high, plus it was distracting. It would have been just as effective to reuse the rising stage from Cinderellabration.

It's really too bad Tokyo Disneyland can't/won't put on the kind of fireworks extravaganzas that the US parks have been doing lately, because during parts of "Starlight Dreams", you're just waiting for some pyro, and it's just projections for what seems like ages.

So, not a terrible show, but kind of a hodgepodge of past events all rolled into one.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    So, not a terrible show, but kind of a hodgepodge of past events all rolled into one.
    Kind of like their Countdown Event during their 20th?

In any event, I'll wait until Joe updates his YouTube channel and possibly his site. Resortathome.com tends to have some shotty audio, and since the biggest comment right now is about the music, I want to hear it as clearly as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast