Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Coming to TDR in July 08

Well... it's official. The dreaded (TDLFAN does not like this stepford concept much) BBB will be opening at TDR at the brand new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel in June 2008.... Click here for online site (in japanese only, sorry). Note the many hidden Mickey gems in the overall design on the site. Cute.

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/bbb/index.html

On other related news... the TDLH's Spa, Lilac Rose, will also be opening around that time, offering several services created to sooth your body and mind (but not your wallet) with services costing on average $200-250 in US$. Just like TDLFAN likes his Disney experience... very lavish and expensive
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-24-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Re: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Coming to TDR in July 08

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well... it's official. The dreaded (TDLFAN does not like this stepford concept much) BBB will be opening at TDR at the brand new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel in June 2008....
    I'm a Mom, and I am so glad I have a boy. I don't object to the concept, just not keen on some of the more OTT results. A big money maker for Disney though, judging by the amount of girls you do see all dolled up.

Will one go inside there castle?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    God, I hope not, what with all those pipes supplying water to the cannons they will be using for Cool the Heat.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    God, I hope not, what with all those pipes supplying water to the cannons they will be using for Cool the Heat.
    I was joking. Well it could take the place of the Castle Tour. lol.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• The Darkness to Light

Somehow, I don't think the Horn King would like his room being invaded by little Japanese girls dressed up as princesses, what with his army of the dead and the Black Cauldron and all...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, the Horned King got evicted anyway, so...

I hate the boutique concept. It seems to be popular enough here in the US though. However, do young Japanese girls wear makeup or do their hair in crazy colors? Yeah, the teens do it an the "Office Ladies", but I have to say I haven't really seen any little Japanese girls "tarted up" like they do in the west. Costumes, yes, but makeup and hair? I just wonder how popular it will be there....

It does seem more appropriate at the hotel than inside the castle though, I have to admit that. Mommy can go to "Lilac Rose" and send daughter over to BBB to get her "special treatment" too....sigh...

I feel bad for the boys, they are SO screwed with all this princess crap. They're expected to just go play with the toys or video games while sister dear gets lavished attention.

• Banned User

SINNER!!! Bite your tongue and go face the wall and say 20 "Hail Mary's"!!!
    If there is a God in the heavens and at least one OLC manager who has good taste and cares about Disney quality and standards...the answer would be "NO", they will not place this crap in the Castle.

We do however, need to get the Horned King back in the Castle to scare the little princess brats with silly hair colors and extentions on their heads as far away from TDL as possible.

Now, in reality and putting all kidding aside (or was I?), I think it would be doubtful the BBB would be installed in the Castle as well.. you see? The walking distance from the TDLH's BBB to TDL's Cinderella Castle's BBB would be a distance similar to walking from the MK's front entrance and the Contemporary's lobby. In other words... it does not make sense to me to have two BBB so close together. It would only take (at most) 10 minutes to walk from one to the other!
    At WDW however... it takes about one hour or possibly more from the MK to DTD... to get from one BBB to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi
    I feel bad for the boys, they are SO screwed with all this princess crap. They're expected to just go play with the toys or video games while sister dear gets lavished attention.
    Ok. I will bite my tongue and not make a joke using the words "screw", "boys" and "princesses" to respond to that statement by Gurgi.

• Lost in Wonderland

While there may not be any immediate plans, chances are something like that may end up in the castle. Many "important people" didn't like having Villains in the castle. They believe the Japanese view TDL's castle as a magical place, a place of, dare I say, "dreams". So ideas for a princess area for girls and the lower dungeon for boys have certainly been tossed around. Who knows, something like that could be skillfully executed and not just be another sales pitch to sell merchandise. As it is, Tokyo already has their annual Princess Days... so would this really surprise anyone?

Over the next few years Tokyo will be getting a bunch of transplanted rides. Monsters and Toy Story Mania should be good additions, but I worry some may be a bit too generic or aimed too much at just kids.
    Last edited by Moving Sidewalk; 05-25-2008 at 12:29 AM.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    Over the next few years Tokyo will be getting a bunch of transplanted rides. Monsters and Toy Story Mania should be good additions, but I worry some may be a bit too generic or aimed too much at just kids.
    Like Pooh's Hunny Hunt? From what I've read, more grown ups enjoy Pooh than kids.

TDL will be getting a Monsters ride, but I've not heard of them potentially getting TSM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    As it is, Tokyo already has their annual Princess Days... so would this really surprise anyone?
    Annual? Disney's Princess Days only ran for three years and there was NO Princess Days event this year at all, and NO plans for it next year either so I am more surprised by your comment since it has no basis on what's really happening at TDL. With OLC, you can't assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    SINNER!!! Bite your tongue and go face the wall and say 20 "Hail Mary's"!!!
    If there is a God in the heavens and at least one OLC manager who has good taste and cares about Disney quality and standards...the answer would be "NO", they will not place this crap in the Castle.

We do however, need to get the Horned King back in the Castle to scare the little princess brats with silly hair colors and extentions on their heads as far away from TDL as possible.
    lol. I don't know OLC might do something like this. Hmm. Build Mr. Potateo Head could be next for TDR?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

God forbid!

I was joking. Well it could take the place of the Castle Tour. lol.
    DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!

• The Darkness to Light

Build Mr. Potateo Head could be next for TDR?
    If you want to get technical, the US stole the idea Build-Your-Ears idea from the Build Your Own Minnie Ear Headband from TDS's Primavera.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    God forbid!

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!

heehee. I suggest the return of pin trading to TDR as well. I am evil.

P.S. free dream ears for everybody.
    Last edited by Monkey joe; 05-25-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast