Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• idk my BFF Minnie

Leaving for Japan tomorrow! My must see list included--any other suggestions?

I know this may a bit last minute since I'm leaving for Japan tomorrow, but I'm going to have internet access when I get there so I'll be able to check this thread later on. Last year I went to Tokyo Disney Sea, and this time I'm going to be going to both parks, and is also my first time ever travelling alone(albeit I have a couple of friends that live there)!! When I come back I'll have plenty of pictures to share, along with some that I took last year but never had the chance to upload(tough school year...).
    Anyways, here's what my must see list is like:

Tokyo Disneyland
    Country Bear Theater
    Haunted Mansion
    Mickey Mouse Revue
    Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    SpaceMountain
    SplashMountain

Shows:
    Anniversary greeting
    Jubilation!
    "Minnie Oh! Minnie"
    "One Man's Dream II The Magic Lives On "
    TokyoDisneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights

Possible:
    "Mickey & Minnie's Polynesian Paradise" (dinner)

Tokyo Disney Sea
    Ariel's Playground
    Fortress Explorations
    Indiana JonesAdventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    StormRider
    Tower of Terror
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Shows:
    Big Band Beat
    "BraviSEAmo!"
    Mermaid Lagoon Theater
    "Mystic Rhythms"
    Primavera
    "The Legend of Mythica"

Unfortunately, I won't get to see Journey(again) and Pooh(again) because apparently this is refurbishment time for those two rides. I have a few days until Journey closes but my friend won't arrive until the 1st(when it closes) Next time I'll probably go in the winter where nothing's really closed :/ At least I have a reason to return! Tokyo Disney Sea 10th anniversary meet anyone? Haha!

Annnd the questions:
    1) Is there anything I should add to my list? I looked through the attractions from TDL and I really see nothing that isn't different from Disneyland, except for the rides I know that are slightly different.
    2) Fortress Explorations is closed until June 4. Does that mean Magellan's is closed as well?
    3) Regarding priority seating for restaurants, is it possible to make the call in English?

That's all I suppose! Thanks for the help everyone!

• Banned User

Re: Leaving for Japan tomorrow! My must see list included--any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiiDesu View Post
    Unfortunately, I won't get to see Journey(again) and Pooh(again) because apparently this is refurbishment time for those two rides.
    That's too bad. Pooh totally rocks and may be the ony reason for people to go to TDL in some cases.
    1) Is there anything I should add to my list? I looked through the attractions from TDL and I really see nothing that isn't different from Disneyland, except for the rides I know that are slightly different.
    Big Thunder is not in your list. Eat at Queen of Hearts. Hmmm.. I suggest you do as much as possible, even if that means doing rides that may be similar to DL's since there are always some differences along the way... so DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, period.
    2) Fortress Explorations is closed until June 4. Does that mean Magellan's is closed as well?
    No. Magellans may still be opened. These are two different areas of the fortress and I do not see why one's closing may affect the other.
    3) Regarding priority seating for restaurants, is it possible to make the call in English?
    I have been told that you have to do this at the parks in person. Not sure what the answer may be since I never do priority seating... especially at TDS, which is always slower in crowds over TDL.

• idk my BFF Minnie

Re: Leaving for Japan tomorrow! My must see list included--any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That's too bad. Pooh totally rocks and may be the ony reason for people to go to TDL in some cases.

Big Thunder is not in your list. Eat at Queen of Hearts. Hmmm.. I suggest you do as much as possible, even if that means doing rides that may be similar to DL's since there are always some differences along the way... so DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, period.

No. Magellans may still be opened. These are two different areas of the fortress and I do not see why one's closing may affect the other.

I have been told that you have to do this at the parks in person. Not sure what the answer may be since I never do priority seating... especially at TDS, which is always slower in crowds over TDL.
    I know, I'm really bummed about Pooh(AND Journey, especially since I do have a chance at riding it!). But I really want to see the shows above all, also I want to be part of the anniversary. Thanks for the help TDLFAN

I'm leaving tomorrow too! Flight 169? see ya on the plane! I planned it so I get to go on Journey on friday and then will still be there when Pooh opens back up on June 7... I'm so excited! I'll also be going to Universal Japan! apparently its pretty far away from Disney though. Does anyone know what the best way to get there is?

• idk my BFF Minnie

Are you serious?! American Airlines?! 12:35? THAT'S MY PLANE TOO!! Too bad I'm not going the days to Disney you are, I really wanted to go to Sea on Friday(but because of my friends I can't), also I'm leaving on the 6th... Poo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm leaving tomorrow too! Flight 169? see ya on the plane! I planned it so I get to go on Journey on friday and then will still be there when Pooh opens back up on June 7... I'm so excited! I'll also be going to Universal Japan! apparently its pretty far away from Disney though. Does anyone know what the best way to get there is?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Have fun!!! Think of me when you are at Tokyo Disney Sea - My favorite place on earth.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• On A Disney World Tour...

Don't forget to check the Mira Costa's lobby and more. Actualy my cuz and I, when there in 2005 we could easily walk around the premises and even get the chapel for ourselves to take pictures. Nobody stopped us, nobody saw us ! That was fun !

If you have some time, get a snack menu (only during afternoon) at Bellavista Lounge ! You get the best panorama on TDS for not such a expensive treat.`
    More on the official site :

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/dhm/english/rest/index.html

TDS is Disney's Jewel !
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You won’t be able to make dining reservations online, but you can make them before your arrival if you already have reservations at a Disney hotel or an official hotel. From overseas, you can call the official Tokyo Disney Resort Reservation Center, open from mid-morning to mid-evening, local time. Dining reservations can be made a month in advance. Here is the number to call, with the most common international codes already attached:

United States: 011-81-45-683-3333
    United Kingdom: 00-81-45-683-3333
    Australia: 0011-81-45-683-3333

To determine other international codes, visit:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html

Once you’re at the park, you can also make dining reservations, including for future dates. However, you will not be able to make park dining reservations from your hotel, even the Disney hotels. They can only handle reservations for their own hotel restaurants, which are often on the expensive side.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

I am sure Kevin Yee is correct, but I am confused because two of my friends who just stayed at the Miracosta were told they could not do priority seating and had to go to the restaurants at the parks in person for that which I found odd.

Also... keep in mind.. this is not WDW nor DLR. Seems to me only the western guests are preocupied with priority seating at TDR. I never do that and has always been able to get a table at any restaurant of my choosing. So please people... do not stress out over that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'll also be going to Universal Japan! apparently its pretty far away from Disney though. Does anyone know what the best way to get there is?
    FRom Tokyo Disney to Universal, the trip may take 4 hrs or so. Take the train to Tokyo JR station, then hop on the Shinkansen (Bullet train), preferable the fastest one.. takes you to Osaka in 2 hrs and 50 mins or so. Once you arrive at SHIN-Osaka station, tranfer to the local line and get on the train bound for Universal City. It's fairly easy to do, but you may have to transfer at Osaka Station for the proper train to Universal. Signage is in english so you will not get lost.

• MiceAge Columnist

Oh, it's absolutely possible my info is now out of date - we should check on this. Quick! The next person to visit please find out!!

Is it possible, TDLFan, that your friends were asking *at the hotel itself*? I know that hotels cannot help you for in-park restaurants, but I had thought the phone call would work.

Wait a second. We don't have to visit, we just have to call. Let me try to do that later.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• idk my BFF Minnie

Hey everybody!  I am posting from my inn right now .  12 hour flights are a pain.  Luckily Brandon re cognized me and we were able to chat a little befo re we boarded!  Thanks everybody for all the help,  well be sure to come back with lots of pict ures!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Is it possible, TDLFan, that your friends were asking *at the hotel itself*? I know that hotels cannot help you for in-park restaurants, but I had thought the phone call would work.
    I believe that was the case... and the reason why he was ticked off... He felt there was no cooperation between the hotels and the parks.

• Banned User

ChiiDesu, I hope the weather improves for you.. It's been raining here in Tokyo since last night.

• MiceAge Columnist

Agreed. I was annoyed that the Ambassador couldn't help me make TDL reservations.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast