Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

New book to look for..

Disney Fan's "TDR Chronicles 25", goes on sale on 6/16th for 2,310 yen.

Re: New book to look for..

Thanks for that. I love Disney Fan.

• You have much to learn...

I get my Disney fan magazines from a local bookstore in NYC, so I hope they will carry this as well- I saw the ad's for the past 2 issues & also that DVD looks interesting as well coming from the Disney Fan magazine- unfortunately I can't read Japanese at all, but love all the pictures and usually can figure out the dates that stuff is coming out at least!!

• Banned User

This is not the Dream book I am talking about. It's a new edition of the "My Tokyo Disneyland" soft cover books series, and it does not come with a dvd.

I know it's the My Tokyo Disney Resort #54 that I believe is also from the same publishers of Disney Fan magazine.

The DVD I was referring to says Dream Tokyo Disney Resort and has Mickey standing in front of the castle entrance & is also put out by Disney Fan magazine & it is 3990yen.

Is there a separate Dream book that you're referring to that's coming out too?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    The DVD I was referring to says Dream Tokyo Disney Resort and has Mickey standing in front of the castle entrance & is also put out by Disney Fan magazine & it is 3990yen.

Is there a separate Dream book that you're referring to that's coming out too?
    No. I was refering to the one you mentioned above, which went on sale in mid april.

• Munchings & Crunchings

"The DVD I was referring to says Dream Tokyo Disney Resort and has Mickey standing in front of the castle entrance & is also put out by Disney Fan magazine & it is 3990yen. "

That DVD is part of the "Tokyo Disney Resort Dream" book. It's attached to the back page, and is not sold separately. It's a 15 minute DVD of the "Colors of TDR", and it's very nice, with soft, relaxing music and lots of colorful shots of quiet areas of both parks. A great compliment to the book.

Oh, and I must get this new "TDR Chronicles" book too!

Ok, I guess since I can't read Japanese writing, I didn't realize that it was a book, with a dvd. I just saw DVD- the only thing I could read, and just figured that it was just a DVD-Thanks for clearing that up for me.

What exactly is Disney Fan Magazine and how does one obtain it?

Thanks

Mike
    Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
    NewsPlusNotes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Ok, I guess since I can't read Japanese writing, I didn't realize that it was a book, with a dvd. I just saw DVD- the only thing I could read, and just figured that it was just a DVD-Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    It's a stylish pictorial book with a bonus dvd in it, and some collector postcards. You do not have to read japanese to enjoy this souvenir as it is mostly visual.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJHammer
    What exactly is Disney Fan Magazine and how does one obtain it?
    DisneyFan Magazine is a monthly publication that can be bought at any bookstore in Japan or at the parks. It sells for approx 800 yen and has a lot of articles with many photos, covering just about eveyr aspect of Disney in Japan, with great emphasis on current news, merchandise, events, etc etc within Japan... but it does cover stories from the other resorts and areas of the WDC.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Disney Fan's "TDR Chronicles 25", goes on sale on 6/16th for 2,310 yen.
    Is there anyway to get it over in the states? I can get the CDs but I can never find the books.

We have been able to order some of the books online but have also gotten books by ordering them through a Japanese book store in Chicago (this is who we have a subscription to DisneyFan through). It can get a little expensive but it is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    Is there anyway to get it over in the states? I can get the CDs but I can never find the books.
    I get Disney Fan through amazon.co.jp Shipping is very pricey however, I mean way more than the magazine itself. You also have to sign for it on delivery. They only ship express to US, hence the cost. So I have been buying in bulk, I get a few issues at a time (not all the same issue, but back issues plus the current one) That is also where I have gotten some of the My Tokyo Disney Resort books, which are just great for ride pictures (I love all the food pictures too!) My favorite issue of that was #51, just went into complete detail on all the food with lots of pictures.

• Banned User

NEWS!!! The Chronicles Book is already on sale at TDR's gift shops. I bought my copy today. It's similar in format to the previous "My Tokyo Disneyland" series of books.... Not a fancy offering like the "Dreams" book.
    The books goes on sale in wide release on June 16th.

• Disney fan from Thailand

I just order it from Japanese book shop "Kinokuniya" in my country. I think i will get it around first week or july.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast