• Hello Dolly.

Future TokyoDisney Trip.

After finally getting my parents interested, my family wants to visit Tokyo Disneyland Resort for a 5 Day weekl in August 2009. And for this to hopefully happen my dad told me to a lil 'project' and find out the prices of the trip altogether ( Resort hotel, tickets, airfare, ect....)

But i have some questions to help me out on some decisions. Out of the two resorts which 1 was more enjoyable and why & how were the views. Also when the new Disney Hotel opens can you let me know about that place too?
    Also are weekdays in August usually crowded? And is the weather usually good during June- August?

Plz let me know these things if you can. Thx so much

• Banned User

Re: Future TokyoDisney Trip.

I regret to tell you but if coming to TDR in august, you are planning to visit TDR at the worst possible time.
    The entire August month is vacation time for many japanese and school is out. Both TDL and TDS are very crowded regardless of being a weekend or weekday. Both parks are opened from approx. 8:30pm until 10pm daily. The weather is very hot and humid. On these days of summer, you must arrive at TDR at least no later than 7:30am and wait to enter the park... you must run to get FP at some rides upon opening time because when the parks are this crowded, Fastpasses will be gone by 1pm at most (if not ALL) FP attractions.. like Hunny Hunt, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder etc etc. This summer, with the 20th anniversary shows in full swing and the daytime "Cool the heat" shows, expect extreme crowds, and in some days, I will dare say TDL may even be closed due to reaching capacity levels, which at this park... can be 75,000 guests, since it is quite expansive. Lines will be 2 hrs plus at some rides. Wait times for shows and such can be equally long to garranty seats.
    TDS is also very crowded at this time of the year but not as crowded to capacity as TDL can get. Still... there will be huge crowds at TDS as well.

Now you asked... which of the two parks is more enjoyable... well, if you are familiar with DL or the MK, then you get the idea of what TDL is like, even though TDL's experience is far more plentiful, with more shows and shops/restaurants to visit, and great lineup of rides. TDS is also an enjoyable park but geared more to the adult and more sophisticated guest, with unique E-tickets and a great lineup of live shows, shops, restaurants and theming that is the very best Disney has created.
    I recommend you do BOTH parks equally, especially TDS since it is unique to Tokyo.

As for the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel... it opens the first week of July and you should be able to walk right into it from TDL's main entrance. There will be several things that non-guests will be able to enjoy... like dining and shopping venues, Spa, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the princesses in all of us.. plus elaborate victorial surroundings to pop your eyes off the sockets.

That is the best advise I can tell you... but if I were you... I would plan to visit in mid-july, before the real summer crunch begins.

If August is the only time you can come, then my best advise is to get to the parks very early in the morning and wait to get it, then start playing the Fastpass game for all rides so you can best take advantage of your time at the parks.

• Hello Dolly.

Thx so much really useful information....

My dad just metioned August because thats when we go to Disneyland Anaheim and its empty. But im glad i asked to make sure, Tokyo aint no Anaheim....

So mid-July would be a good time to go due to less crowds? Is there any other times you know of that would be good times to go? thx

• Banned User

TDL is crowded just about anytime of the year. BUt the least crowded times would be in the winter when it is too cold to enjoy the being outdoors, and many areas of the park go down for rehab. Mid July should be fine, but the park won't be empty. June is rainy season and there may be days when the park is less crowded due to weather. The first two weeks in September are also OK to visit, since they are in transition between summer mode and Halloween event, which is quite popular in Tokyo.

• Hello Dolly.

k Thanks. Yea it would be good for the park not 2 be completely empty cause i heard some of the lines out there are awsome id like to see them.
    Well thx so much u been a great help!!!!

• Banned User

My pleasure.