Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zed

• Loves Mickey!

Zed

ZED is a living poem, a timeless evocation that draws on the Tarot and its arcana, an imaginary world that conjures the vitality of the human condition and holds up a mirror to our true selves.
    The central larger-than-life character Zed represents all of humanity in all its guises, from wisdom to folly, from discovery to adventure. Zed grows as he discovers the world on his journey of initiation. Through this undertaking the people of the sky and the people of the earth are trying to connect with each other; through Zed, they come together.
    The world of the arcana, in which ZED finds its inspiration, teems with life and vibrant characters, including the Great Goddess, The Fool, The Sphinxes and the Satyrs – all engaged in a lyrical odyssey to the heart of the human experience.
    The Tokyo Disney Resort webpage for Cirque du Soleil has been updated with the show name and concept information.
    http://www.zed.co.jp/home.php

Here is an English article discussing it.
    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...KRsduyiA3P62YA
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 06-03-2008 at 11:15 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Zed

I have to say... I was hoping for a more original name than that, but then again... I don't think Cirque Du Soleil shows should belong in Disney resorts... but what do I know?

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNiF1qyg0

some footage from press realease. I felt it's "OK" (judging only the part that I saw), but very similar to Cirque's other works. The music however is excellent, probabaly the best I've heared of all Cirque's shows.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post
    http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNiF1qyg0

some footage from press realease. I felt it's "OK" (judging only the part that I saw), but very similar to Cirque's other works. The music however is excellent, probabaly the best I've heared of all Cirque's shows.
    Cool! It's also on the Cirque website as well. The part at the end was very pretty! I think it speaks the same imaginary language as my son because he was trying to talk back to it.

• Loves Mickey!

They updated the website again so check it out!
    http://www.zed.co.jp/home_en.php

Preview performances start on the 15th of this month so it will be interesting to see how this show evolves to the finished product for the grand opening on October 1st!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have to say... I was hoping for a more original name than that, but then again... I don't think Cirque Du Soleil shows should belong in Disney resorts... but what do I know?
    Why not? Even though the tickets aren't included in anyone's vacation package, Cirque does put on really great shows. For anyone who would want to spend the money on a Cirque ticket, they get a great show. For anyone who doesn't, they simply pass. I don't see the problem there.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

My problem is... Disney has a strong product all of their own. They do not need to capitalize on someone else's show to bring the people into the property.
    I wonder how many folks make Cirque a "priority" when deciding to visit WDW, or TDR now for that matter.

• DCA FTW!

I'm pretty sure their main reason to visit TDR would be for TDL and TDS, having the option of a ZED available just sweetens the deal in my book. If anything its probably just there for the locals, as a non mouse related show.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• When Will It Return?

Yeah, having Cirque at WDW/TDR is similar to having Cirque at big Vegas resorts such as Bellagio. People aren't coming to Vegas simply because of Cirque, they come because its Vegas. Cirque's just a part of it, but not a defining part. If anything, a good Cirque show only enhances the level of quality and value of the trip. Same goes for WDW/TDR. Those who go there are going to 'Disney' and if a Cirque show is there, the people can decide if they want to buy a ticket for Cirque or not.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Not too fond of the name, but as long as they are not in TDL or TDS, I don't mind.

• Loves Mickey!

It will be interesting to see how it does because Cirque du Soleil is popular here but people come to TDR for Disney. It's a little out of the way and inconvenient for tourists from abroad who are probably more interested in the city than Disney and for the actual residents of Tokyo it's a little inconvenient compared to the shows that come to the city like the upcoming Corteo show. On top of that many of the people I've talked to who are fans of TDR show little to no interest at all in Cirque du Soleil. I do think Cirque fans will want to see it for sure so if anything it might bring revenue to Ikspiari. It's such a wasted oportunity that they didn't use Fest Opera to promote the upcoming Cirque show which would have felt really natural. Btw, they have added the announcement of the Cirque du Soleil theatre to the monorail spiel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    Not too fond of the name, but as long as they are not in TDL or TDS, I don't mind.
    Then I guess you should mind since they ARE located at TDR. Unless you meant physically *inside* TDL or TDS.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Then I guess you should mind since they ARE located at TDR. Unless you meant physically *inside* TDL or TDS.
    My apologies, I do mean inside of the parks.

• Loves Mickey!

Deep Disney has new photo's up of the building lit up with the ticket booth open and the new banners that were added!

Thumbs up Re: Zed

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    They updated the website again so check it out!
    http://www.zed.co.jp/home_en.php

Preview performances start on the 15th of this month so it will be interesting to see how this show evolves to the finished product for the grand opening on October 1st!
    Just got back from the first preview - and it was an exceptional show. It isn't a O or KA in my book but still an impressive show. Better than La Nouba (especially in the music score). I like the idea of expanding your imagination as the underlying message of this show.

I'd definitely recommend it and the audience seemed to love it today. Can't wait for the premiere on October 1 now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast