Best time to visit?

We are just in the planning stages of making a trip to TDR - if you could pick anytime to go when would you and why? Also how many days should we plan to go to the parks?

Thanks in advance for your help - I am sure I will be back for more questions

• Sock Puppet

Re: Best time to visit?

i am probably going in mid-january. i heard its cold but not as busy as is the summer

• Banned User

Mid january is not busy and cold, and many things go down for rebah. It's only great if you do not want to deal with crowds... but be advised the parks may close a bit early and/or open a bit later than usual.

For me.. best time to visit is 2nd week in May, and first week in sept.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Mid january is not busy and cold, and many things go down for rebah. It's only great if you do not want to deal with crowds... but be advised the parks may close a bit early and/or open a bit later than usual.

This is the only time i could go because i am probably leaving the states on jan 3 and stay with a friend of mine until Jan 10. That will leave me another 4 days to tour tokyo. During mid-january how long do you think you need to spend at TDR. i will probably spend 3 total days at both TDL and TDS. i also want spend the three night at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Where can i reserve the room? How could i find what rides will be under rehab. Any other additional info will help. thanks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i will probably spend 3 total days at both TDL and TDS.
    That is a good amount of time to spend at the resort. We spent a total of 3 days as well.

• I need my Disney fix NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    We are just in the planning stages of making a trip to TDR - if you could pick anytime to go when would you and why? Also how many days should we plan to go to the parks?

Thanks in advance for your help - I am sure I will be back for more questions
    Not too sure if this helps, but we were in TDR last week of May, and the crowds weren't as large as I thought. Of course, it always helps to arrive at the gates of TDL as least 1/2 hr before opening. And if you stay at any of the partner hotels, you should be able to get early entry to TDS.

3 days is a good amoun of time to spend. We spent 2 days at TDL and 1 day at TDS. For a family with a young kid, that seemed just about right.
    Disneyland - Apr 1998
    Walt Disney World - Dec 2001
    TDR - Jun 1996, Apr 2000, Apr 2002, May 2008, Jun 2009
    HKDL - Dec 2005, Dec 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

I'm so glad to hear you say that! I'm getting married the first week of May next year and that means I'll be at TDR at your appointed time for my honeymoon. Glad to hear that time frame gets your seal of approval.

Am I the only one who felt that 3 days was definitely NOT enough? I spent 1 day at TDL and 2 days at TDS, and I still feel like I missed half of what I wanted to see/explore/do/eat.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307 View Post
    I'm so glad to hear you say that! I'm getting married the first week of May next year and that means I'll be at TDR at your appointed time for my honeymoon. Glad to hear that time frame gets your seal of approval.

Am I the only one who felt that 3 days was definitely NOT enough? I spent 1 day at TDL and 2 days at TDS, and I still feel like I missed half of what I wanted to see/explore/do/eat.
    We're going to spend 5 days at TDL during our Honeymoon and I'm afraid even that won't be enough. I think It'll take me five days just to stop staring at the Tower of Terror.

I've been in September, February and April. My opinion is that September was a blast because of the Halloween stuff. February was cold but not crowded. April was a mix of the two.

Bottom line is... go when ever you can go. However, if you want to ride a specific ride or rides check the closures and plan around that.