Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Re: Future "ATLANTIS" Attraction in the works for TDS

I read an article that plans for an Atlantis themed attraction at DL was planned as Submarine Voyage's replacement in 2003. However Atlantis: The Lost Empire flopped at the box office so the plans were scrapped. I seriously doubt that an Atlantis themed attraction would be built since the movie was unpopular. Or it could be they just focus on the myth of Atlantis instead of the 2001 film.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Imagine if they could make an E-ticket based on Atlantis!! And I don't mean the movie, the actual lost continent under the waves of the ocean. Now THAT would be cool.
    My thoughts exactly, such an attraction could become another Disney legend like Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion.

• Resident of the Caldera

The most likely spot for this would be where the current Sindbad attraction is now.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The most likely spot for this would be where the current Sindbad attraction is now.
    that does not make sense thematically.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Digging to Earth's center

So what would the exterior architecture look like if they did this??

Would it look more like the "lost ruins of Greek columns" theme? Or would they take a different approach of ancient civilization mixes? Sure, the Disney film Atlantis failed, even though I thought it was pretty good. If you look at the animation, the architecture of Atlantis wasn't based on the Greek style. It was based on China, South America, and the Middle East. Which style would we be looking at??

I keep bringing this up because I think it'd be a really good idea to bring an Atlantis theme to TDS, especially seeing how they took our stuffy ideas (Tower of Terror) and upgraded them to amazing scales.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Meh... 20K is enough Atlantis in the park. I mean TDS' 20K ride is almost ALL about that... including the interactive element where you search for things with your spotlight. I for one hope they go for the 'arctic' port of call I've seen renderings of. That's truly the only other port I can think of them doing... in my opinion with Islands of Adventure (done by may of the same DisneySea artists) it would end up being just more of the same.

Give us a brand new concept for DisneySea!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123