Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Booking

Hey all! Does anyone know if the hotel is fully booked? I heard that it is fully booked till the end of the year.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Booking

We were thinking of maybe staying in September so we have been wathching that month and as of last night September is pretty open but I don't know about the other months.

• Banned User

THAT is dedication Ichigopara... since you live one train stop away!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    THAT is dedication Ichigopara... since you live one train stop away!!
    Actually, I was thinking about this the other day. Not really about TDR, but it applies just as well. Sometimes, it can be fun to have a resort vacation even close to home. Here in the US because of the high gas prices, it might be an option for a lot of people to just book a fancy hotel close to home and feel like they're getting away from it all. So, if you live just one stop away from TDR, or very close to DLR, I can see booking a nice room and getting special treatment...after all, you don't have to pay airfare or much transportation!

• Banned User

Remember I live only 15 mins away from WDW but do not see myself doing this at all. I just feel WDW has nothing special to offer for me at their hotels. Frankly, I much rather spend a night at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Besides, when you compare TDR's Miracosta and TDLH, the Grand FL at WDW looks as good as a Comfort Suites. Just not worth paying for it.

• Loves Mickey!

I know what you mean about GF we stayed there last year and were really excited but it was kind of a let down. The Garden View Lounge afternoon tea was really nice though! Whether we stay all depends on the dollar becoming more stable because we have some extra money in the US account so we will see if we actually get to stay that month or not. I think living one stop away is more tempting though because you see the hotel all the time!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Remember I live only 15 mins away from WDW but do not see myself doing this at all. I just feel WDW has nothing special to offer for me at their hotels. Frankly, I much rather spend a night at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Besides, when you compare TDR's Miracosta and TDLH, the Grand FL at WDW looks as good as a Comfort Suites. Just not worth paying for it.
    Oh, I agree with you there.

• Minion

The Grand Floridian may seem a bit outdated and stuffy when compared to the newer Disneyland Hotels in Hong Kong and Tokyo, but it's still an elegant hotel nonetheless. Plus, Victoria & Albert's is probably the best Disney dining experience I've ever had. But the aesthetics of the hotel are definitely starting to lose their appeal compared to when it first opened.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

What aesthetics are you refering to TDLFAN? I'm heading to WDW this fall for the first time in probably 15 or more years so I haven't seen the place in a long, long time. I don't have much recollection of the place since I was a child at the time. What's changed from say, a decade ago and what, in your opinion would you like them to address?

ImagineerWarrior

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    What aesthetics are you refering to TDLFAN? I'm heading to WDW this fall for the first time in probably 15 or more years so I haven't seen the place in a long, long time. I don't have much recollection of the place since I was a child at the time. What's changed from say, a decade ago and what, in your opinion would you like them to address?

ImagineerWarrior
    Nothing's changed per se; it's just that the atmosphere of the place isn't as alluring as it used to be- especially in comparison to the newer Disney hotels. The decor is starting to look antiquated and out of style, as compared to the timeless furnishing of the newer Disneyland Hotels in Hong Kong and Tokyo. To improve it's appeal, I guess a makeover would be in order. The carpet is really looking outdated, and the tiles don't convey the same sense of luxury that the inlaid marble do in the newer hotels. Like I mentioned before, the Grand Floridian feels stuffier and not as bright or airy.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post

ImagineerWarrior
    TDR_Fan.. pretty much addresses some of the reasons why I do not praise the GFL too highly. Still a nice hotel but certainly not 4 star quality as is some of the other high priced resorts in the Orlando area off Disney property.
    As for other "aesthetics" as you put it.. many things have deteriorated in the last 15 years.
    1-Maintenance. The parks and some resorts are simply NOt that clean.. or at least not at the level Disney always BS' the masses into believing.

2-Outdated quality. No surprise to anyone that WDW still offers a good level of quality, but when I compare WDW to it's sisters resorts all over the World, I always come to the sad conclusion that all WDW has to offer is SIZE. While there are many things that can be enjoyed at WDW that are found nowhere else.. those things that are cloned at other parks, are usually done better, in better settings and with more efficiency and higher level of theme and details. The MK park for example is the best example of this... Take DL, TDL, DLP and even the very small HKDL... and compare with the MK. The MK is a bigger park (except for TDL which is the biggest and the one with the most entertainment every day) but the MK suffers from a horrible outdated quality. Attractions and themes are stuck in the 80's with outdated technology and the level of detail is low compared to other DL parks. When MK does offer some new technology, it usually is in the form of some interactive (= boaring) TV show, such as the Laugh Club or Toy Story Mania ride, or they add some looping film or newer AA figure here and there... nothing that I would consider "sweeping" in regards to exceeding the expectations I know they are capable of (and usually do at TDR). Something as simple as bricked walkways on Main Street at DL, DLP and HKDL, do add a lot of feel and atmosphere. The MK has none of that and suffers terribly as the park looks... bland. But these are only my observations... and it bothers me because WDW charges the highest ticket prices of any Disney resort on Earth. Guests should be cheated by that, but since most will never get to compare with the other properties.. they will never know. Reason why I rant about this constantly.

3- Cast Members... In the days back in the 80s and 90s, CMs looked good and were required to follow the "Disney Look" standards. Now a days? Nope! CMs at WDW look bad in appearance. Mismatched shoes from one CM to the next wearing the same (and often ill-fitted) costumes, poor grooming habits on some, bad or wild haircuts that are innapropriate (like colored tips on men), some gals not wearing makeup, and some boys wearing a bit too much.... etc etc. I have seen it all at WDW recently.

4-Poor staffing, which is probably the biggest problem created by management for wanting to have the biggest Disney property on Earth. YOu can't simply run an efficient operation with few CM's. I would say all of the Depts across WDW are improperly staffed... some to the probervial thin line. Sooner or later, these staffing problems will create bigger ones that will impact the resorts quality, operational needs... and God forbids, safety.

... And that is just for starters, but I understand those are my gripes, and not the ones from your average tourist in town... reason why Disney gets away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Nothing's changed per se; it's just that the atmosphere of the place isn't as alluring as it used to be- especially in comparison to the newer Disney hotels. The decor is starting to look antiquated and out of style, as compared to the timeless furnishing of the newer Disneyland Hotels in Hong Kong and Tokyo. To improve it's appeal, I guess a makeover would be in order. The carpet is really looking outdated, and the tiles don't convey the same sense of luxury that the inlaid marble do in the newer hotels. Like I mentioned before, the Grand Floridian feels stuffier and not as bright or airy.
    The lobby area at GF can still make me go wow (I like to sit and listen to the band outside Mizner's) but the rooms are really not as fancy as you would expect. The seemed to have dumbed the theming and decor down recently too, subtly. They have refurbished a lot of the rooms, but I wouldn't call it an overall improvement, although they did need some new paint. I miss my minibar.... I know they are always horribly overpriced, but still.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Red Face Re: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Booking

All good points TDLFan, I wish I could say it was not true. After my recent trip to California, it reminded me how bad blah our resort is.

TDR the carpet in the lobby was replaced two years ago and was a nice improvement, starting this fall all the tile will be ripped out and a new custom marble floor will be installed.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    All good points TDLFan, I wish I could say it was not true.
    I have always been proud that my opinion on any issues about any Disney resort are based on long term observations and repeated visits, where after a while.. you start getting a feel of what is done consistently and what is not. The "soul" of the resort if you will... I will offer credit where credit is due, no matter what resort I am talking about... But WDW is constantly disappointing me in one way or another.. since I am visiting Tokyo and Orlando on a regular basis, it's much easier for me to assess both resorts and offer an honest opinion. My gripe about WDW is not about saying things that will make some fans upset, but my gripe is always about $$$. WDW charges the highest prices and tend to offer the lesser quality on a park to park basis. DAK for example is a great park with wonderful theme, but it's not worth $80 a day. Same for DHS and sadly, the MK. When you compare the vast amount of rides and live entertainment that TDL provides for a mere $57 a day, and then look at the MK's modest offerings and lesser theming at $80 for a single day.... it's just simply disheartening. Then you are made prisoner/hostage of WDW when multi-day passes are offered at great discounts... which I feel is simply despicable in Disney's part. Even with such discounts on 5+ multiday passports.. the price and amount of time they make you stay on property is not worth it. At TDR, the 4day passport is sometimes NOT ENOUGH time to enjoy all of the offerings the 2 parks offer. Reason why, I will always rant about WDW, and the amount of entertainment they offer in the parks versus how much they are charging guests. Not unless you buy a 8+ day passport...or an AP, I just don't see the value in going there. Of course, management has no problem offering a value experience at those high prices.