• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Tiki Room News

they updated the tiki room website:
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...iki/index.html

and a sneak peek at some of the merchandise:
    http://wwwcom.tokyodisneyresort.co.j...iki/index.html

• Banned User

There have been rumors that the Stitch tiki room would go to WDW as well, but...

After months of hearing rumors that the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management will be closing sometime in the near future to make way for a Stitch-involved makeover, a new wild rumor has hit the streets of the Magic Kingdom and has cast members in De-Nile (Attempt at a Jungle Cruise joke). Strong rumors now indicate that the original budget for the postponed major Jungle Cruise attraction refurbishment maybe heading across the way to fund the restoration of the talking audio-animatronics bird show to its original splendor. In short, the original Tropical Serenade show may return to the Magic Kingdom as part of a huge marketing campaign for the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2011.

The planned campaign is going to promote the idea of guests experiencing renewed classic attractions and entertainment inspired by the resort’s past. Among the planned updates for the celebration are updates to Space Mountain, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, The Hall of Presidents, and the Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom; Journey Into Imagination and Illuminations at Epcot; and The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Also rumored at this time are a new firework show and updated Spectromagic parade at the Magic Kingdom.

While most of these changes are likely to not take place (as is the nature with rumors), a few of them will make the line-up in time for October 1, 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to WDW News Today as more info on these rumored changes becomes available.
    News from WDW News Today

Concept art of the Stitch Tiki Room:

• Banned User

You mean.. they actually are going to do something special for the 40th anniversary of WDW's MK besides a freaking pin???

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. WDW has not quite had the about face that Disneyland had for it's 50th. I just don't have faith that the current WDW execs have the guts to get the parks up to the level of DL during it's 50th for WDW's upcoming 40th...I guess time will tell.

*9 days left*

It’s budget season at the hallowed Walt Disney Company, a time of year when every young imagineer’s heart turns to thoughts of saving their rear end and avoiding the next round of firings.

People are scrambling to get on a funded project and so they generate all kinds of “ideas” in hopes that some suit will take a fancy to it. Cloning and “franchise building” are two perennial ‘winners’ and so you’re seeing everything from copying TDR’s ‘Stitch Tacky Tiki Room’ to Wall-E spinners and Ratatouille snack stands. There's even a 'High School Musical' cafiteria/character meal plan out there.

No one expects – or even wants – any of these to be built, but if keeps them employed for another year than that’s all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    No one expects – or even wants – any of these to be built, but if keeps them employed for another year than that’s all that really matters.
    But Tokyo loves Stitch, look at the Find Stitch celebration every year where the dress the Partners Statue in hula skirts and lais.

• Banned User

I'm also in the "Believe when I see it" camp. It's a great idea, but I doubt WDW can top Disneyland's 50th, no matter how many attractions they got to try and steal out thunder.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    It’s budget season at the hallowed Walt Disney Company, a time of year when every young imagineer’s heart turns to thoughts of saving their rear end and avoiding the next round of firings.

People are scrambling to get on a funded project and so they generate all kinds of “ideas” in hopes that some suit will take a fancy to it. Cloning and “franchise building” are two perennial ‘winners’ and so you’re seeing everything from copying TDR’s ‘Stitch Tacky Tiki Room’ to Wall-E spinners and Ratatouille snack stands. There's even a 'High School Musical' cafiteria/character meal plan out there.

That is SO true. Just look at all of the marketing campaigns we've had over the years to save their jobs. We now need a brand new "celebration" at the parks every year to keep people employed...I'm not surprised WDI is in the same situation...

• Banned User

While Disneyland did get tons of work done for it's 50th, WDW got as much if not more for DL's 50th. I mean Soarin', Everest, etc.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I'm also in the "Believe when I see it" camp. It's a great idea, but I doubt WDW can top Disneyland's 50th, no matter how many attractions they got to try and steal out thunder.
    I agree. And poor Disneyland's 50th celebration could not top the biggest one ever for any Disneyland park: TDL's 15th Viva Magic! Celebration. Not even TDL could top itself after that one...

*8 days left*

Note: This is my 100th post!!! WOOT!!!

• Loves Mickey!

Press is here today for previews. It's so hot today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    While Disneyland did get tons of work done for it's 50th, WDW got as much if not more for DL's 50th. I mean Soarin', Everest, etc.

And WDW SHOULD get more! You have to remember that they're 4 theme parks that aren't really complete... or at least don't feel as if they are.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I am hoping for unscheduled guest previews on the 23rd when I am there... Fingers crossed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)