Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grand prince new takanawa or Pacific tokyo hotel ?

Hi folks, I making my final reservations for my trip to japan ending up in a grand finale at TDR for 4 nights

Was wondering if anyone of you have stayed at the grand prince new takanawa or pacific tokyo hotel ? How was it ?

As I will be staying at the disney ambassador, I was wondering if the shuttle to TDR can take my luggages, which would save me a big hassle of lugging my stuff on the trains.

Where does the shuttle bring you to ? direct to the parks themselves ?

Hmm, that would mean I would have to take the resort liner to the hotel.

Anyone having a similar experience ?

• Banned User

Re: grand prince new takanawa or Pacific tokyo hotel ?

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    Hi folks, I making my final reservations for my trip to japan ending up in a grand finale at TDR for 4 nights

Was wondering if anyone of you have stayed at the grand prince new takanawa or pacific tokyo hotel ? How was it ?
    I have never stayed in those hotels but, knowing the quality customer service that Japan is well known for, I am sure they are both great hotels and you will not be disappointed.
    As I will be staying at the disney ambassador, I was wondering if the shuttle to TDR can take my luggages, which would save me a big hassle of lugging my stuff on the trains.
    Not sure I understand your question... Are you refering to the shuttle from the Takanawa and Prince to TDR? I believe they do have luggage compartments. However, if you are referring to TDR's Disney Cruisers.. good question. I have never seen people bringing checked luggage on those small buses and I beleive they do not have storage for big luggage. They do have a small rack in the bus for some packages and maybe strollers.
    Where does the shuttle bring you to ? direct to the parks themselves ?
    Again... the shuttles from partner hotels drop guests off at both parks' bus parking loading areas. As far as I know, they do not go to the hotels on the property. If you were staying at TDL Hotel, it would be a 2 minute walk from the bus stop to the hotel. If you were at the Miracosta, I would advise taking the TDR Resort Liner monorail to it. As for the Ambassador, the location is a bit odd, and the lobby is pretty much far from both parks' bus parking areas. I would try to bring my luggage on the Disney Cruiser bus bound for the Ambassador.

Or you can try checking in at the TDR Welcome Center next to Maihama station, and have them send your luggage to your room.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anybody ever stayed at the Prince Shinagawa? If so, was it simple to get to TDR by train?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anybody ever stayed at the Prince Shinagawa? If so, was it simple to get to TDR by train?

the prince is a good 3 star class hotel. I've stayed there often. there are a couple of different buildings though, the annex, main and north tower. I thnk the main tower is a bit bigger.

from shinagawa, take the yamanote line to tokyo and change to the JR Keiyo Line to Maihama. the problem is that to change the train is abt a 5-10 mins walk. without luggage it is entirely manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have never stayed in those hotels but, knowing the quality customer service that Japan is well known for, I am sure they are both great hotels and you will not be disappointed.

Not sure I understand your question... Are you refering to the shuttle from the Takanawa and Prince to TDR? I believe they do have luggage compartments. However, if you are referring to TDR's Disney Cruisers.. good question. I have never seen people bringing checked luggage on those small buses and I beleive they do not have storage for big luggage. They do have a small rack in the bus for some packages and maybe strollers.
    Actually both. I would need to bring luggage onto the shuttles to the park, and then the onto the resort cruisers to the amassador.

I think I'll email both the hotel and park to see if they can answer me.

Again... the shuttles from partner hotels drop guests off at both parks' bus parking loading areas. As far as I know, they do not go to the hotels on the property. If you were staying at TDL Hotel, it would be a 2 minute walk from the bus stop to the hotel. If you were at the Miracosta, I would advise taking the TDR Resort Liner monorail to it. As for the Ambassador, the location is a bit odd, and the lobby is pretty much far from both parks' bus parking areas. I would try to bring my luggage on the Disney Cruiser bus bound for the Ambassador.

Or you can try checking in at the TDR Welcome Center next to Maihama station, and have them send your luggage to your room.
    I'm staying at the ambassador, so will probably see if I can get a bus to the hotel. at TDL's bus station. Or else, I'll have to take the luggage to the Maihama station.

Thanks for you reply. You are quick, as usual

• Banned User

I think I'll email both the hotel and park to see if they can answer me.

I would not bother doing that. I am sure they will allow you to board with luggage. Seems to me, most busses are equipped with storage below the floor. In regards to the cruisers... I would just board with my luggage in hand with the rest of the people waiting to board. If you are not allowed to do that, trust me.. someone will tell you what to do best. But honestly? I don't think you will have a problem at all so I would not worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05
    from shinagawa, take the yamanote line to tokyo and change to the JR Keiyo Line to Maihama. the problem is that to change the train is abt a 5-10 mins walk. without luggage it is entirely manageable.
    Well... the walk from the Yamanote platform to the Keiyo Line can be up to 15 mins when the station is busy during peak times. If you have luggage on wheels, it will be manageable to do.. but you will have to dodge a lot of people in the process... but IT CAN BE DONE. These are the times I am glad I stay at the Hotel Universe near the Kayabasho station, the first one after leaving Tokyo on the Keiyo.. It's so convenient to avoid Tokyo Station altogether.

the prince is a good 3 star class hotel. I've stayed there often. there are a couple of different buildings though, the annex, main and north tower. I thnk the main tower is a bit bigger.

Awesome, I won't be taking luggage with me on the train.
    Is it simple to purchase the train tickets for somebody who has never used an urban train system, let alone in Tokyo?

15 minute walk to another platform? Wow, must be big.

I'm going in April, 19th-26th, in between the school holidays and Golden Week (at least I think it is). Can't wait!

Smile Re: grand prince new takanawa or Pacific tokyo hotel ?

Awesome, I won't be taking luggage with me on the train.
    Is it simple to purchase the train tickets for somebody who has never used an urban train system, let alone in Tokyo?

15 minute walk to another platform? Wow, must be big.

I'm going in April, 19th-26th, in between the school holidays and Golden Week (at least I think it is). Can't wait!

Tokyo Station is Big ! Another one is shijuku. It can be a bit daunting for a first timer, but there are signs and colour coded, so it's pretty ok. If lost, you can always ask around, I'm sure many can help you

I would not bother doing that. I am sure they will allow you to board with luggage. Seems to me, most busses are equipped with storage below the floor. In regards to the cruisers... I would just board with my luggage in hand with the rest of the people waiting to board. If you are not allowed to do that, trust me.. someone will tell you what to do best. But honestly? I don't think you will have a problem at all so I would not worry about that.

Well... the walk from the Yamanote platform to the Keiyo Line can be up to 15 mins when the station is busy during peak times. If you have luggage on wheels, it will be manageable to do.. but you will have to dodge a lot of people in the process... but IT CAN BE DONE. These are the times I am glad I stay at the Hotel Universe near the Kayabasho station, the first one after leaving Tokyo on the Keiyo.. It's so convenient to avoid Tokyo Station altogether.

Thanks. I'll probably do that.

I've navigated Tokyo and shinjuku, osaka stations with big luggages, so I know how big a hassle it is. This time round is with kids, so I'm trying to find the best alternative. looks like this is the way to go

We stayed at at the Grand Prince on our first trip. It was a nice hotel. The room was about average for Tokyo but it did its job. The walk up the hill from the Shinagawa station can be quiet a walk after a 12-14 hour day at the parks and walking in general, especially if you are carrying alot of stuff.

We stayed here on our last two trips. We chose this over the Grand Prince Takanawa because it was closer to the train station. It is a nice hotel in a nice location. If you haven't been to Japan before don't expect large rooms, they are fairly small but get the job done. We enjoyed staying at this hotel because of its central location in Tokyo. It was about 40 minutes to TDR by train from here.

Well... the walk from the Yamanote platform to the Keiyo Line can be up to 15 mins when the station is busy during peak times. If you have luggage on wheels, it will be manageable to do.. but you will have to dodge a lot of people in the process... but IT CAN BE DONE.
    One thing my wife and I did after our first trip was get off at the station just South of Tokyo Station and then enter Tokyo Station through the Tokyo International Forum. This cut 10 minutes of walking off and we pretty much by passed all of the crowds.
    Last edited by kustomboy; 06-23-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo.

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    One thing my wife and I did after our first trip was get off at the station just South of Tokyo Station and then enter Tokyo Station through the Tokyo International Forum. This caught 10 minutes of walking off and we pretty much by passed all of the crowds.
    Does this mean you have to buy tickets twice?

Does this mean you have to buy tickets twice?
    It did and it didn't. We normally bought the day pass for the Yamanote line since we jumped around a bit on any given day or to head out at night after a day in the parks (i.e., shopping in Shibuya).

Because we bought that pass on the days we went to the parks we only bought a ticket from Tokyo station to TDR instead of a ticket from Shinagawa to TDR.

We figured on some days we saved money and some days we didn't. But it did save a large amount of time in going to the parks and going back to the hotel. And to me that time was worth an extra buck or two.

If you just bought a ticket from Shinagawa to the Tokyo International Forum station (forgetting the name) you would need to buy a ticket from Tokyo to TDR. So you would be buying two tickets. If you did what we did. We bought our daily pass in the AM and had to buy a ticket from Tokyo to TDR and a ticket for TDR to Tokyo. But other than that we used the daily pass to then get home or continue on to other places for the day.

Let's just say once I figured this out we never walked through Tokyo Station again.

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    We stayed at at the Grand Prince on our first trip. It was a nice hotel. The room was about average for Tokyo but it did its job. The walk up the hill from the Shinagawa station can be quiet a walk after a 12-14 hour day at the parks and walking in general, especially if you are carrying alot of stuff.

I actually stayed at a dorm near takanawadai subway station at the top of the hill when I was working in Japan. It's a 10 min walk beyond the hospital opp the GP.

But that's when I was younger and fitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast