• Loves Mickey!

Tanabata starts tomorrow!

I've never been during this time before is there anything I should know? Will it be very crowded?

Edit: I forgot one question! Can you take a picture with the chatacters wearing Tanabata costume?
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 06-30-2008 at 03:28 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Tanabata starts tomorrow!

In previous experiences... this is a low key affair.
    You have to do that wish thing in World bazaar... write a wish and attach it to that bamboo wish wall. Characters usually do a short greeting in their tanabata costumes. I believe there may be a photo op but I do not recall..

According to the Disney Fan, there will be a little merchandise for the event... like post cards and such..

I like Tanabata - I'd love to be at TDL for it. I've only ever seen photos of the characters in their costumes, but they look really cute. I wish we had more events/holidays in the US. I don't know if the US parks even dress up for Independence Day.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Disney fan from Thailand

I intend to write my wish on tanabata event too. i will be at here on July 7 that is last day of tanabata event.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    I don't know if the US parks even dress up for Independence Day.
    In the good old days, they did. I don't recall seeing Mickey in 4th of july motif costumes like for the longest time. Like you said.. the US parks drop the ball often in regards to characters not properly dressed for special ocasions, except when there is a show to be put on.. like for a press event for example.
    However.. just to mention some examples... recently, Mickey and Minnie wore welch costumes at DLP during St. Patricks, and the mice also wore exclusive chinese new year outfits for that holiday in HKDL. TDR of course has an extensive wardrobe for the characters and it's common to see them out there in several different costumes during meet and greet. At WDW and DL... well... blah blah blah..

TDL has, in my opinion, the best costumes all-around. Not only do they have a lot of variety, but they tend to be extremely cute, creative and just all-around well done. Some of the ones at DisneySea make me want to visit just so I can take photos of the mice.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    In the good old days, they did. I don't recall seeing Mickey in 4th of july motif costumes like for the longest time. Like you said.. the US parks drop the ball often in regards to characters not properly dressed for special ocasions, except when there is a show to be put on.. like for a press event for example.
    However.. just to mention some examples... recently, Mickey and Minnie wore welch costumes at DLP during St. Patricks, and the mice also wore exclusive chinese new year outfits for that holiday in HKDL. TDR of course has an extensive wardrobe for the characters and it's common to see them out there in several different costumes during meet and greet. At WDW and DL... well... blah blah blah..
    Mickey and Minnie wore very cute Asian style outfits for Chinese New Year at DL this year!
    I want my cake back!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    Mickey and Minnie wore very cute Asian style outfits for Chinese New Year at DL this year!
    Maybe if I went to DLR more often, I would know better.
    But this I know for a fact: DLR is far superior in many ways to WDW, so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

• Loves Mickey!

Today was fun! We saw the character greeting twice! No pictures because the child hid my camera battery. I found it in the stroller today though so I'll take pictures tomorrow. The yukata the CM's wear is so cute with hidden Mickeys. Many people came in yukata today and children were so adorable in their yukata and jinbei! The gift with the popcorn purchase is really cute too! Merchandise included lemon candy, post cards, cell phone straps, pair plush, buttons, pins, and picture frames. It's a small event but it's fun and the costumes are very pretty!

• Banned User

Did you say?? PIN! There are pins for this event. Me wants one!!!

One more question... what is the cute popcorn gift you mentioned about? any pics?
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-01-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Today was fun! We saw the character greeting twice! No pictures because the child hid my camera battery. I found it in the stroller today though so I'll take pictures tomorrow. The yukata the CM's wear is so cute with hidden Mickeys. Many people came in yukata today and children were so adorable in their yukata and jinbei! The gift with the popcorn purchase is really cute too! Merchandise included lemon candy, post cards, cell phone straps, pair plush, buttons, pins, and picture frames. It's a small event but it's fun and the costumes are very pretty!
    Sounds totally adorable. Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Kelli

• You have much to learn...

Hope you have a great time & at least you can take pictures now. Please share them when you get the time.