TDR DVD recommendation please!

Just got a region free player. I've been looking at the Dream box set, but am thinking this isn't quite what I'm looking for. I kind of want less parades and more footage of the attractions and scenery. Is there anything that fits the bill? Anyone have any thoughts? I might end up getting the Dream box set anyway. Appreciate any help.

Re: TDR DVD recommendation please!

I recently had a similar query that was answered here: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94959.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it turned out because I haven't yet gotten my region-free player. Where did you get yours from? Does it work well?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    I recently had a similar query that was answered here: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94959.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it turned out because I haven't yet gotten my region-free player. Where did you get yours from? Does it work well?
    Your link didn't work

My DVD player is a Phillips portable one, from a couple of years back. It wasn't region free, it just had a personality change one day Which is all I will/can say about it.

• Banned User

The Dream Box is exclusively a show, parade and special event overview of the past 25 years at the park and it is intended as a souvenir of that aspect of the resort, and NOT a sovenir travelodge of the resort itself. This is why the Dream Box's programming is called "Memories of TDR...Parade, etc"

For a true resort souvenir, THIS is the 2-dvd set you have to buy!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/i...n=561958&s=dvd

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Your link didn't work

My DVD player is a Phillips portable one, from a couple of years back. It wasn't region free, it just had a personality change one day Which is all I will/can say about it.
    Yeah, the link isn't working for me, either, which is odd because when I look at the thread in a different window, the address is the same. Anyway, this is probably the main informative part:

Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lonegungirl
    OK, I have 1.5 days left to buy stuff. Is the Dream Box the best DVD set to get of the park right now? I have no prior TDR dvds. Also, is there one that would be recommended for DisneySea?

Let me elaborate a bit on this... in addition to the current Dream Box, which is a historical overview of shows, parades and special events of the past 25 yrs, there are TWO additional dvd sets. One is a 3-dvd set that comes in a pink box. This one includes the entire Fantillusion dvd and musical tour of TDL dvd. But it also contains the first TDR dvd which includes lots of footage from TDS' 1st year. That dvd alone makes this set worth buying, and you can still find this dvd on sale by itself, if you do not want to fork all that money.

The other and newer set is a 2-disc dvd set in a blue box that has a picture of TDS at the top and TDL at the bottom of the front cover. It includes an updated TDR dvd program with newer footage from both parks and from around the resort. The other dvd in that set comes in a gold like color case design and it is a more involved program about the details and storytelling of both parks thru it's architectural design and decorations that tell an underlying story that many guests may not be as savy to discover on their own. These two programs can also be found sold separately, if you only care for one or the other.

Hope that helps you decide which dvd program is right for you.
    Ultimately, I ended up getting the two DVDs from the second box set seperately, as I couldn't find anyplace there that still sold the older box sets. Unfortunately, my dvd player has proven resistant to change so I haven't seen them yet.