Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    A few questions...

    I'm planning on visiting Tokyo April 19-26 next year (ages away yet) and have a few questions...

    First off, if you purchase a 4 day passport do your 4 days have to be used sequentially, or could I go for 2 days, then have a free day, then go back for the final 2 days?

    How long can the stand-by wait for Pooh be first-thing in the morning (say half an hour after TDL opens)? I will be visiting on weekdays.

    If you play the Fastpass game from the get-go, how many Fastpasses can one expect to get before they begin to run out for the day?

    Is there a rough time that Tower of Terror Fastpasses run out?

    Are there any non-reservation dining locations that serve Western food and have entertainment within the parks?

    And finally, does anybody know whether Monsters, Inc. is expected to open before April?

    Thanks so much,
    Bryce

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I'm planning on visiting Tokyo April 19-26 next year (ages away yet) and have a few questions...
    Missed the golden week by this much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post

    First off, if you purchase a 4 day passport do your 4 days have to be used sequentially, or could I go for 2 days, then have a free day, then go back for the final 2 days?
    from what I know, you need to indicate which park to go on the first two days, then any park for the next 2 days, but all four need to be done on consecutive days

    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ulti_pass.html

    From the park website :
    "Enjoy Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea on consecutive days with these special-value Passports! With a 2-Day Passport, you can enjoy one Park the first day and the other Park the following day. With a 3-Day or 4-Day Magic Passport, you can enjoy the privileges of a 2-Day Passport and then visit both Parks as you like on the third or fourth consecutive day. Multi-Day Passports are valid for admission to the Parks and are good for all operating Park attractions and shows. "

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    How long can the stand-by wait for Pooh be first-thing in the morning (say half an hour after TDL opens)? I will be visiting on weekdays.

    If you play the Fastpass game from the get-go, how many Fastpasses can one expect to get before they begin to run out for the day?

    Is there a rough time that Tower of Terror Fastpasses run out?
    I'll leave the more knowledgable folks to answer this, but from what I know, it depends from day to day, but Qs for pooh and tot are never walk ons except for really rare days or you run to them when the park opens. at best it's abt 20-30 mins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    And finally, does anybody know whether Monsters, Inc. is expected to open before April?

    so far, it's early 2009.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    Missed the golden week by this much.
    Haha yeah, from what I can tell April 19-26 is in-between Japanese school holidays and Golden Week, and it's within my university holidays too so that week should be the perfect one I hope.

    It's a pain that the days have to be consecutive. I would much rather break them up, but oh well.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: A few questions...

    Trust me. You will want to go there daily after you experience the parks. It's that outstanding.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    I don't doubt it!
    Still, it seems a little wrong to spend the first four days of my first-ever visit to Japan all in TDR.

    April can't come soon enough. Gotta start saving - I know I won't be able to resist the merchandise. I came home from Orlando with 3 full suitcases of stuff after my 10 week ICP working at Kali in DAK.

  6. #6

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clovis, CA
    Posts
    130

    Re: A few questions...

    Hope you have fun! Tokyo and Japan as a whole is a beautiful country full of culture mixed with tech.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I don't doubt it!
    Still, it seems a little wrong to spend the first four days of my first-ever visit to Japan all in TDR.
    Why not do TDR in the middle of your trip than? We normally spend the first day or two exploring Tokyo (although this usually includes a quick trip out to Bon Voyage for a quick merch check) and then the middle of the trip at TDR and finish the week with a couple days for tokyo.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    I will arrive at 8 am on the 19th (Sunday) so I will at least have that first day outside of TDL, but I don't think I could go any longer than that... My mind would probably be too busy thinking about Disney to appreciate anything else.

    Would it be advisable to make the trip out to TDL to purchase my tickets on the Sunday so that I don't lose time on the Monday morning or is that a bit OTT?
    I guess I could have lunch/dinner and a look around at Ikspiari on the Sunday too so that wouldn't be too bad.

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I will arrive at 8 am on the 19th (Sunday) so I will at least have that first day outside of TDL, but I don't think I could go any longer than that... My mind would probably be too busy thinking about Disney to appreciate anything else.

    Would it be advisable to make the trip out to TDL to purchase my tickets on the Sunday so that I don't lose time on the Monday morning or is that a bit OTT?
    I guess I could have lunch/dinner and a look around at Ikspiari on the Sunday too so that wouldn't be too bad.
    I had planned to do that, but instead got them from The Disney Store in Tokyo. It did save me loads of time at the gates, as it was really busy at TDR when I went. I was able to use a credit card at the store, just in case you were wondering. There is a special counter to purchase them on the top floor. The address is 20-15 Udagawa-Cho, Shibuya-Ku. They are open 11-8. Use exit 6 (or 7) of Shibuya Station, head up towards the Seibu Department store. You are going the right way if you come across lots of billboards, kind of like Times Square. There is a big Starbucks, keep going up the street to the right of the Starbucks, and the first left, look down you'll see another McD's (there is one near the Starbucks) and across from that is Disney Store. I found it quite confusing around there, lots of roads and very busy, hence the long winded instructions, you probably don't need!! It depends on which is easiest for you.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    So you can purchase actual tickets at the Disney Store, that you can use at the turnstiles?

    I have read about purchasing vouchers outside of the Resort that you then exchange for tickets... But I don't see the point of that at all, if you still have to wait to exchange the voucher anyway.

    Thanks for the tip.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I will arrive at 8 am on the 19th (Sunday) so I will at least have that first day outside of TDL, but I don't think I could go any longer than that... My mind would probably be too busy thinking about Disney to appreciate anything else.

    Would it be advisable to make the trip out to TDL to purchase my tickets on the Sunday so that I don't lose time on the Monday morning or is that a bit OTT?
    I guess I could have lunch/dinner and a look around at Ikspiari on the Sunday too so that wouldn't be too bad.

    where are you staying ?

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    So you can purchase actual tickets at the Disney Store, that you can use at the turnstiles?

    I have read about purchasing vouchers outside of the Resort that you then exchange for tickets... But I don't see the point of that at all, if you still have to wait to exchange the voucher anyway.

    Thanks for the tip.
    Ok.. let's clarify this. OLC (the operator of TDR) took over the Disney Stores about 2 years ago. Therefore, all Disney stores in Japan now sell the same dated tickets sold at the park. If it is convenient to go to a Disney Store upon arriving in Tokyo, then I strongly urge you to do so. But be prepared to tell the staff how you want the ticket written.. meaning what days to do what park. Again, they will be DATED tickets just as if they were sold at the parks' gate.

    Now.. vouchers are only sold at places such as train station or convenience stores. These are NOT dated tickets and will not allow you to enter the park if you arrive after gates have closed... in the event of reaching maximun attendance. Don't worry, this does not happen often... but during holidays and such... it could. Vouchers are more of an option for locals than tourists with a limited amount of time... therefore I urge you to get the dated tickets at the Disney Stores or at the gate.

    If you decide to wait to purchase on the day of your visit... be advised the ticket windows open one full hour before the park gates open... so it is imperative to arrive very early to get tickets, then get in line to enter the park. Having your tickets purchased before arriving at TDR is a better option, but if you really really really want to enjoy the parks an entire day... it would be best to arrive there no later than one hour before the parks open, regardless if you have or have not pre-purchase your tickets.
    Entering the park asap in the morning will allow you to maximize your time by being able to use Fastpass from very early on...which will allow you to enjoy some of the fabulous shows and E-Tcket parades/lagoon shows these parks have to offer in addition of the rides and other venues...

    Hope that information helps you decide what to do.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    where are you staying ?
    I have not booked a hotel yet, but I am thinking of the Shinagawa Prince.

    Thanks so much for the info TDLFan!
    I will definitely try to purchase my tickets at either the Resort or a Disney Store on the day I arrive. I want to get into the park ASAP the next day and get a Fastpass for Pooh.

    Are there any non-reservation dining locations that feature entertainment?

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    I have not booked a hotel yet, but I am thinking of the Shinagawa Prince.

    Thanks so much for the info TDLFan!
    I will definitely try to purchase my tickets at either the Resort or a Disney Store on the day I arrive. I want to get into the park ASAP the next day and get a Fastpass for Pooh.

    Are there any non-reservation dining locations that feature entertainment?
    if you are staying in the shinagawa area, you might want to consider staying at the grand prince new takanawa or the Hotel pacific tokyo. They are both considered good neighbour hotels and have a shuttle service to TDR.

    I'm probably staying at one of them this september, before staying at the ambassador
    Last edited by samshio; 07-06-2008 at 04:09 AM.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    377

    Re: A few questions...

    Thanks for the info samshio!
    Do you know what time the shuttles arrive at TDR in the morning?

    I am still unsure whether I will be traveling by myself or with my Dad.
    If by myself I will want an inexpensive hotel - that is why I am looking at the Prince Shinagawa. But if I can split the cost with my Dad then the Good Neighbour Hotels might be a nicer option.

    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bryce05; 07-06-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] EMH questions
    By silverslugger in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
  2. A few RoA questions....
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 11:33 PM
  3. More questions about TL 98
    By Speedway in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 08:01 AM
  4. Questions
    By TheCrew in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 10:01 AM
  5. A trio of questions (I never fail to ask questions)
    By Kevie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 10:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •