Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Popular attractions and where to view parades ?

I'm booked to be at TDR on Sept 8 to 11. These are some of the attractions that I'll be aiming to go on. [] = shows

TDL :
    Star Tours
    MicroAdventure
    *Grand Circuit Raceway
    *[One Man's Dream II]
    *Mickey's House
    *Minnie's House
    Gadget Go Coaster
    Roger Rabbit car toon spin
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Snow White's Adventures
    Pinnocchio's Daring Journey
    Castle Carrousel
    It's a small world
    *Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    *Big Thunder Mountain
    *Pirates of the Caribbean
    Jungle Cruise
    Western River Railroad
    Tiki room

TDS :
    Fortress Explorations
    Electric Railway
    [Big Band Beat]
    *StormRider
    Aquatopia
    *Indy Jones
    Sinbad
    [Mermaid Lagoon Theater]
    Flounder's Coaster
    Scuttle's Scooters
    Blowfish balloon race
    *Journey to center of the earth
    20,000 leagues [closed during my trip ]
    [Mystic rhythms]

=============

Those with "*" are the more popular ones right ? Those are the ones I have to plan to go early or to grab fast passes for.

Is the accepted strategy to go 1 hr early and aim for Hunny Hunt and Big thunder mountain for TDL, and to go for journey and Indy for TDS ?

===========

Another question : where are the best spots for viewing the parades in TDL and the lagoon shows in TDS ? Where do the parade start in TDL ? Fantasyland ?

An FYI for you, when I went in March they didn't have FP set up for Pirates. Not sure if they do now, but probably not. It was a 60 min wait, but Captain Jack made an appearance, which set all the girls (and their camera phones) off. Not sure what to recommend about when to visit it, we hit it around the middle of the day.

Keep meaning to say, I'm hoping to come to Singapore next year. My brother and his family live there (my SIL is from Singapore) So I might ask you for some tips too!

Re: Popular attractions and where to view parades ?

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    An FYI for you, when I went in March they didn't have FP set up for Pirates. Not sure if they do now, but probably not. It was a 60 min wait, but Captain Jack made an appearance, which set all the girls (and their camera phones) off. Not sure what to recommend about when to visit it, we hit it around the middle of the day.

Keep meaning to say, I'm hoping to come to Singapore next year. My brother and his family live there (my SIL is from Singapore) So I might ask you for some tips too!

Thanks for the tip for pirates.

No problem for Singapore tips. Just don't come during F1 season unless you are staying with family, 'cause hotel rates are jumping thru the roof.

Universal studios here is opening in spring 2010.

• Loves Mickey!

What about Minnie Oh Minnie?!
    For the parade there is a Mickey show stop in tomorrowland that is usually not that crowded near the space place food port. There is the stop in front of the castle too and another one in westernland but it's hard to describe where the stops are without photo's. I think someone else can describe it better.

You'll be there during the week which should be better for crowds unless the schools are still out for summer. If you go from early in the morning you can get a lot done with a good plan. Pirates on a normal day won't have crazy line but Peter Pan always has a line unless you do it early in the morning. On the crazy busy Saturday we went the Grand Circuit Raceway was at 50 minutes so if if it's not a heavy crowd day you won't have to worry so much about the wait time for that attraction. Pooh andBig thunder mountain are good to get early but it would be good to ride Pooh and then get the fast pass because the early morning wait is very fast!

TDS can be unpredictably, sometimes there is a 5 minute wait for Journey to center of the earth sometimes 45 minutes. TDS is never as busy as TDL but I think with this park keeping track of the showtimes in between riding the attractions you want to ride is most important so you don't miss out on a show. Are you skipping ToT? If so I think your fast pass plan is good here too but check the wait times because you may be surprised, some days can be really lucky. Lastly are you sure you can not make it on the 12th because that is when the Halloween event at TDL starts?

• Banned User

I think one of the best spots to watch the parade is opposite the Snow White grotto, or on the outer ring of the hub area...by "Partners", but be prepare to stake your place up to an hour before the parade starts. There will be a lot of people hovering around waiting for the "1-Hour" announcement which signals the time when guests are allowed to open their mats and set up camp to watch.

As for the attraction list.. it sounds good to me.

FYI.. there is NO fastpass for POTC. They did try to offer a surprise FP when the ride opened (but those could only be obtained as a surprise offering from other FP attractions' distribution machines) but as far as I know... this is not being offered anymore. The line may be a bit long but it moves...which is more than I can say for the stand by lines at FP attractions.

I also join Ichigopara... and recommend "Minnie O Minnie" show in Adventureland. Very colorful, tropical and lively 25 mins of your day. This is a little show that in production values along, put the MK's "Dream Along with Mickey" to bloody shame and back. So watch that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    Thanks for the tip for pirates.

No problem for Singapore tips. Just don't come during F1 season unless you are staying with family, 'cause hotel rates are jumping thru the roof.

Universal studios here is opening in spring 2010.
    My lucky brother has a dream hospitality job with F1. He used to work for BAR, and has been around the world with F1. Now he is working for the people doing the hospitality for the Singapore race, so jealous. I'm a big F1 fan. The night race sounds like it's going to be great.

Back on topic, we rode Journey first off, after having got FP's for 2,000. Walked straight on, well, after meandering through a huge queuing area. As 2,000 leagues is closed, maybe it would make more sense from a walking point of view to grab the Journey FP on your way to Indy?

Looking at your list and saw Aquatopia, that was so funny. Very odd ride, but a complete blast. The longest wait we had that day was for the Electric Railway, believe it or not, it was about 40 mins. I did complain a lot to my family that it would have been quicker to walk!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

FYI... Microadventure is just "Honey I Shrunk the Audience".

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    What about Minnie Oh Minnie?!
    For the parade there is a Mickey show stop in tomorrowland that is usually not that crowded near the space place food port. There is the stop in front of the castle too and another one in westernland but it's hard to describe where the stops are without photo's. I think someone else can describe it better.

You'll be there during the week which should be better for crowds unless the schools are still out for summer. If you go from early in the morning you can get a lot done with a good plan. Pirates on a normal day won't have crazy line but Peter Pan always has a line unless you do it early in the morning. On the crazy busy Saturday we went the Grand Circuit Raceway was at 50 minutes so if if it's not a heavy crowd day you won't have to worry so much about the wait time for that attraction. Pooh andBig thunder mountain are good to get early but it would be good to ride Pooh and then get the fast pass because the early morning wait is very fast!

TDS can be unpredictably, sometimes there is a 5 minute wait for Journey to center of the earth sometimes 45 minutes. TDS is never as busy as TDL but I think with this park keeping track of the showtimes in between riding the attractions you want to ride is most important so you don't miss out on a show. Are you skipping ToT? If so I think your fast pass plan is good here too but check the wait times because you may be surprised, some days can be really lucky. Lastly are you sure you can not make it on the 12th because that is when the Halloween event at TDL starts?

Thanks, brilliant tips.

I think Tot is a bit too scary for my 6-yr old son, .... and also for me, as I have a fear of heights.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think one of the best spots to watch the parade is opposite the Snow White grotto, or on the outer ring of the hub area...by "Partners", but be prepare to stake your place up to an hour before the parade starts. There will be a lot of people hovering around waiting for the "1-Hour" announcement which signals the time when guests are allowed to open their mats and set up camp to watch.

As for the attraction list.. it sounds good to me.

FYI.. there is NO fastpass for POTC. They did try to offer a surprise FP when the ride opened (but those could only be obtained as a surprise offering from other FP attractions' distribution machines) but as far as I know... this is not being offered anymore. The line may be a bit long but it moves...which is more than I can say for the stand by lines at FP attractions.

I also join Ichigopara... and recommend "Minnie O Minnie" show in Adventureland. Very colorful, tropical and lively 25 mins of your day. This is a little show that in production values along, put the MK's "Dream Along with Mickey" to bloody shame and back. So watch that as well.

Minnie O Minnie will be added to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    My lucky brother has a dream hospitality job with F1. He used to work for BAR, and has been around the world with F1. Now he is working for the people doing the hospitality for the Singapore race, so jealous. I'm a big F1 fan. The night race sounds like it's going to be great.

Back on topic, we rode Journey first off, after having got FP's for 2,000. Walked straight on, well, after meandering through a huge queuing area. As 2,000 leagues is closed, maybe it would make more sense from a walking point of view to grab the Journey FP on your way to Indy?

Looking at your list and saw Aquatopia, that was so funny. Very odd ride, but a complete blast. The longest wait we had that day was for the Electric Railway, believe it or not, it was about 40 mins. I did complain a lot to my family that it would have been quicker to walk!!
    Sounds like you've got an insider to the F1 race then. This year's looks to be a photo finish til the end.

Good idea abt the journey/indy

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    FYI... Microadventure is just "Honey I Shrunk the Audience".

Being from Singapore, and having only visited WDW and DLR once each before, I did not have the chance to do this in the states.

I think my son would like it, so I'll try to squeeze it in.

I'm going off the last time I went, keep in mind this was Friday and Saturday, so it's likely to be different if you go during the week.

TDL :
    Star Tours, Not hugely popular but can sometimes be a good half an hour wait. (Best to go near closing time or when a parade is on)

MicroAdventure, wasn't open when I last went, but with what I've seen from other theatre type shows, should be a short wait time.

*Grand Circuit Raceway, wait time is around 20-40 minutes

*[One Man's Dream II], never seen it

*Mickey's House, never been in it

*Minnie's House, never been in it

Gadget Go Coaster, short wait times. Probably around 10-15 mins.

Roger Rabbit car toon spin, actually quite popular, wait time can be up to an hour sometimes (another to go on nearing closing)

Peter Pan's Flight, Very Very popular, for a short ride, you can expect quite a long wait time.

Snow White's Adventures, much like Peter Pan

Pinnocchio's Daring Journey, again with Peter Pan (The Japanese really like these types of rides for some reason)

Castle Carrousel, never been on it

It's a small world, another ride with short wait times, 5-10 mins. Much like it's counter part, Sinbad over in TDS.

*Pooh's Hunny Hunt, hugely popular with the Japanese, expect very long wait times.

*Big Thunder Mountain, wasn't open last time i went, but from when I went before it's pretty popular.

*Pirates of the Caribbean, can vary. I went one time on the friday and the wait was 5-10 mins, next time on Saturday and it was a good 30 mins.

Jungle Cruise, once more can vary.

Western River Railroad, never been on it.

Tiki room, well it was literally no wait time, with CM trying their best to get people to come in, but you can expect that to change BIG time with the Stitch update.

TDS :
    Fortress Explorations, never been in it.

Electric Railway, I've only been on at night, and it was reasonably short wait times.

[Big Band Beat], never seen it.

*StormRider, you can expect long wait times, even at night it's around 30 min waiting.

Aquatopia, not a massive wait time, from what i can remember.

*Indy Jones, one of the longest waiting times at the park, you should definately try to get a fast pass ASAP.

Sinbad, just like Small world, very short wait times.

[Mermaid Lagoon Theater], never seen it.

Flounder's Coaster, expect around 15-30 mins in the middle of the day.

Scuttle's Scooters, never been on it

Blowfish balloon race, didn't go on the last time i went.

*Journey to center of the earth, similar wait times to Indy, definately one to get a FP for.

And one you didn't put in was Tower of Terror , but if you ever want to go on it. Rush there as soon as you go through the gates, FP can be gone almost instantley.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezy View Post
    I'm going off the last time I went, keep in mind this was Friday and Saturday, so it's likely to be different if you go during the week.

TDL :
    Star Tours, Not hugely popular but can sometimes be a good half an hour wait. (Best to go near closing time or when a parade is on)

MicroAdventure, wasn't open when I last went, but with what I've seen from other theatre type shows, should be a short wait time.

*Grand Circuit Raceway, wait time is around 20-40 minutes

*[One Man's Dream II], never seen it

*Mickey's House, never been in it

*Minnie's House, never been in it

Gadget Go Coaster, short wait times. Probably around 10-15 mins.

Roger Rabbit car toon spin, actually quite popular, wait time can be up to an hour sometimes (another to go on nearing closing)

Peter Pan's Flight, Very Very popular, for a short ride, you can expect quite a long wait time.

Snow White's Adventures, much like Peter Pan

Pinnocchio's Daring Journey, again with Peter Pan (The Japanese really like these types of rides for some reason)

Castle Carrousel, never been on it

It's a small world, another ride with short wait times, 5-10 mins. Much like it's counter part, Sinbad over in TDS.

*Pooh's Hunny Hunt, hugely popular with the Japanese, expect very long wait times.

*Big Thunder Mountain, wasn't open last time i went, but from when I went before it's pretty popular.

*Pirates of the Caribbean, can vary. I went one time on the friday and the wait was 5-10 mins, next time on Saturday and it was a good 30 mins.

Jungle Cruise, once more can vary.

Western River Railroad, never been on it.

Tiki room, well it was literally no wait time, with CM trying their best to get people to come in, but you can expect that to change BIG time with the Stitch update.

TDS :
    Fortress Explorations, never been in it.

Electric Railway, I've only been on at night, and it was reasonably short wait times.

[Big Band Beat], never seen it.

*StormRider, you can expect long wait times, even at night it's around 30 min waiting.

Aquatopia, not a massive wait time, from what i can remember.

*Indy Jones, one of the longest waiting times at the park, you should definately try to get a fast pass ASAP.

Sinbad, just like Small world, very short wait times.

[Mermaid Lagoon Theater], never seen it.

Flounder's Coaster, expect around 15-30 mins in the middle of the day.

Scuttle's Scooters, never been on it

Blowfish balloon race, didn't go on the last time i went.

*Journey to center of the earth, similar wait times to Indy, definately one to get a FP for.

And one you didn't put in was Tower of Terror , but if you ever want to go on it. Rush there as soon as you go through the gates, FP can be gone almost instantley.
    This is great ! Thanks

Tot is, I think, too scary for my 6-yr old son and also for me too as I have a fear of heights and falling.

• Banned User

Don't be chicken samshio. TOT is a fun ride with a great storyline and awesome theming, inside and out. The drops are controlled and not as intense as those at WDW's TOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Don't be chicken samshio. TOT is a fun ride with a great storyline and awesome theming, inside and out. The drops are controlled and not as intense as those at WDW's TOT.

I really am a chicken when it comes to heights. But I'll try when I get there ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast