Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trip Report July 2-4

I just got back from my trip to Tokyo Disneyland Resort a little while ago. It was so much fun! Tokyo Disney is amazing. DisneySEA was practically empty the whole trip. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride. Disneyland was more crowded, but still no lines more than an hour.
    First off, I would like to thank all of you who gave me tips a couple weeks ago. They were really helpful, and they made the trip a whole lot smoother. Thank you!
    So, we got off our plane in Narita Airport and got through customs without any problems. We took a taxi to the resort because we had just missed the bus to take us. We checked into the Mira Costa, which took quite a while, but they gave us maps and early entry information. The lobby is beautiful!

We went to our room and quickly cleaned up from the flight and went back to the lobby to get our park tickets. I looked out of these huge windows into DisneySEA. It was really empty even though it was about 3, and it looked amazing.

We went down the stairs into the park and immediately set out to Journey to the Center of the Earth.

JttCotE instantly became one of my favorite rides ever. It has a nice mix of dark ride and roller coaster. It begins slowly, and moves into an intense ride. The drop out of the mountain had a significant amount of air-time, and it gives a brief view of part of the park.

We got a quick snack at the Nautilus Galley and then went on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

It was ok. There was a flashlight that you could move in some scenes. It was fun to do that, but the ride lacked something. I donít really know what though. It just wasnít as good as I feel it could have been.
    We walked over towards the Arabian Coast, stopping in Mermaid Lagoon on the way.

We glanced inside, and it looked like a fun little area.

We didnít have any desire to do any of the rides, so we left soon. We walked through Arabian Coast, through the alleys. It reminded me of New Orleans Square in Disneyland with its small alleys and lots of shops.

Sinbadís Storybook Voyage caught our eyes and me decided to do it.

It was a nice little ride, but I didnít really want to do it again. The music was great though! It was very well put together; it just wasnít as remarkable as some of the other rides in the park.
    We walked to the Lost River Delta, first going on Raging Spirits. It was surprisingly tame, but so much fun. The smoke effects brought something more to it as well.

After stopping for a snack in the Base Camp Grill, we got in line for Indy.

The queue was very cool. Its big rooms were very different from the queue in Disneyland. The ride itself was so much fun. Its theme was so different, yet so similar to that in Disneyland. The smoke ring effect was cool, and should replace the rat room in Disneyland.
    We then went over to Port Discovery and walked on Aquatopia. This ride was so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had heard that it would be really bumpy, and it was, but it didnít bother me at all.

Storm Rider was just being let in, so we raced over and got inside.

The pre-show was very good, and even though we didnít speak Japanese, we understood what was going on. The ride was so much fun! I could really get into it, and the movement was very genuine. Overall, it was a great ride. We were getting hungry, but decided to do Tower of Terror before eating dinner. To get there, we walked thought the Cape Cod area.

This area needs something. Its just an empty corner of the park. And frankly, the park needs more dark rides, and this would be the perfect place for one. We walked through the New York area to ToT. This is the best looking Tower of Terror of the three designs. The faÁade is just incredible, and the lobby is just as good.

So, this version of ToT was incredible. The Shiriki Untundu is so much creepier than any Twilight Zone thing. And the disappearing effect left me speechless. Its probably the best effect Disney has ever put on a ride. As for the dropping part of the ride, that left me wanting more. It was definitely less intense than the drops in DCA. I havenít been on the one in Hollywood Studios, so I cant speak for that one. But if they just Ďfixí the Drop sequence, this would be my favorite version of the ride. Oh, and it has a cool effect on the faÁade at night.
    We went back to Mysterious Island for dinner in the Vulcania restaurant. I know this is Japan, but it has really good Chinese food.
    We went on another ride of JttCotE. Its different at night, because you arenít blinded by the light on the drop, so you can see much more.

BraviSEAmo was about to start, but we wanted gelato. We went to some gelato place in the Harbor and got some. It was really good gelato, and we ended up returning there several times during the trip. we stood to the side and watched BraviSEAmo. It was a really good show. The music was beautiful, and the water and fire movements held my attention the whole time. I was pleasantly surprised.
    My parents decided to go to sleep, but I continued touring the park for a couple hours. I went on JttCotE again, and then walked towards Raging Spirits. I passed Mermaid Lagoon, which looks Beautiful at night. It has twinkling lights on the towers that make it take on a whole new look.

Raging Spirits seems like a completely different ride at night. The smoke effects become much more prominent, and with the red lights it seems like you are passing through fire.

I ran over to Indy and walked through the queue without any wait. once again, it was a great ride. It doesn't have the three doors like in Disneyland, but instead it has a room with great theming, including water. If the two variations of the room were somehow combined, it would create something astounding. After Indy, I decided I was tired, so I began the walk back to Mira Costa. I passed Aquatopia and decided to go on it again. They were only running one side and the waterfall was turned off. I don't really know why though.

I was dead tired, so I went straight back to the room and immediately fell asleep. Day 2 coming up....

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Trip Report July 2-4

I can't wait for more!

Awesome, TR!!!

Excellent.
    I need more!!!

Blog Entries

thanks for the report .. how was the hotel?

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Day 2: Disneyland

We all woke up around 6 and got ready for breakfast. We ate at the Bella Vista Lounge, which had a lovely view of the park. They were still cleaning up and getting ready for the day. It was definitely strange to see cars driving around the park. We walked to the monorail station and got there just as it was coming in. we got on and took it to Disneyland. Because we were staying at the Mira Costa, we got to use a special entrance and skipped the long lines of people waiting to get in.

As soon as we got through the gates, we rushed over to Pooh. On the way, we stopped briefly to look at the castle.

I really like this castle. It is so tall compared to the one I'm used to in Disneyland! And the decorations for the 25th anniversary look good on it. We continued on our way to Pooh, and got there and waited about 5 minutes.

Honestly, I wasn't blown away by it. Our ĎHunny Potí didn't move as much as I expected, especially in the first Blustery Day scene. the pot just moved to one spot and slowly rotated around. But it was much much better than the version in Disneyland. The theming and presentation is very good, and the trackless system does add a lot to the ride.
    After Pooh, we went over to Big Thunder Mountain. This version of the ride was fun. It seemed longer than the one in Disneyland, but I prefer the scenery in Disneyland with more trees and bushes and such.

Its still the wildest ride in the wilderness, even in Japan!

While waiting for Big Thunder, we saw Splash Mountain across the river. We decided to make that our next ride.

This version of Splash Mountain was amazing. The queue made it feel like we were tunneling deep into the ground inside a rabbit hole or something. Then the ride itself had much better scenery than that in Disneyland. I was in the front row and got soaked!

Haunted Mansion was next. This facade definitely has a creepier feel to it than the one in Disneyland. And that theme continued throughout the ride. While the version in Disneyland is very lighthearted, this was the exact opposite. The attic scene genuinely scared me, and there was a portrait where the face comes out of it. It scared even me, I cant imagine little kids going on it. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it a lot.

Since we were in Fantasyland, we went on Peter Pan.

It was very similar to the Disneyland version, except instead of just flying around Neverland, you actually fly up through valleys and past mountains. I can't decide which one I prefer. They are both good. It was around lunch time, so we decided to check out the Blue Bayou.

We weren't expecting to get in, since in Disneyland you have to make reservations months in advance, but we walked in and it wasn't even close to full. Very weird. We had a great lunch, I got the gumbo, which was delicious. I was disappointed to see that the Monte Cristo wasn't on the menu. I guess thatís and American thing. To settle our stomachs, we took a ride on Pirates.

It was a good ride, it had recently gotten updates from the movie, so everything was all new and shiny, except of course all the things that were supposed to be old and decaying.
    Rodger Rabbit was next. On the way there, we picked up fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear. Then we stopped at the Grand Circuit Raceway.

It was fun, but I prefer Autopia with all the paths instead of one big one.
    Rodger Rabbit was really fun, as usual.

I think itís the same as the one in Disneyland, but it was still fun.
    My parents decided to take a break and go back to the hotel for a couple hours. So I went into Fantasyland and decided to ride Small World.

The loading area is so bizarre. Its in a huge room with a painting going all around it. The ground is full of water and there are a couple of fountains.
    The ride itself was fun. I canít decide whether I like the flooded style or the fume style more.
    The line for Pooh was only 50 minutes, so I decided to go on it. I really liked it this time. My car moved a lot more, I was spinning and going all over the place in every room. but I do think the Heffalumps and Woozles scene needs more things on the floor instead of everything on the side. But the Tigger bouncing scene was so cool.
    I walked over to Snow White and waited about 20 minutes. This version had similar scenes to the Disneyland version, but a different order. But I was still left confused as to what happened to the witch. The ending needs to be worked out.
    After Snow White, I went through Adventureland and went through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. It was nice to go through, and it had great views.

I then walked through the World Bazaar. Itís very strange to have a Main Street thatís covered. But I really like how the side streets are connected to Adventureland and Tomorrowland. It greatly shortens walk times.

After a walk through Tomorrowland, I wanted to check out Splash Mountain. It was a 80 minute wait because of the heat, so I decided to skip it for now. I was thirsty so I picked up a shaved ice and sat on the side of the Rivers of America to eat it. It was about time to meet my parents, so I went to the entrance of World Bazaar and saw them. We decided on an early dinner at Restaurant Hokusai. When we went in, the lobby was empty, and there were many empty seats. We had a wonderful Japanese dinner, and when we left, all the seats were full, and the line filled the lobby. We came at the right time.
    We all wanted to go on to Tom Sawyer Island, so we took a raft over the river and on to the island.

It was fun to visit the old Tom Sawyer Island. Especially since the fort was open!

After spending some time looking around, it was time to use our Buzz fastpasses. It was a fun ride, not too different from the Disneyland version. I enjoyed it.
    We realized that we hadnít done Jungle Cruise, so we went over to it quickly before Dreamlights.

Very fun. Our skipper was very energetic and lively. And the Japanese people laughed at his jokes, so he must have been funny as well.
    We went back to the hub to watch Dreamlights. The castle was all lit up.

Dreamlightts was amazing! All the floats were so colorful! It was like a huge version of the Electric Parade.

We wanted to do one last ride, so we went to Critter Country and saw that Splash Mountain was only 10 minutes! We quickly got in line, and I got soaked in the front row again.
    We were all so tired, so we got on the monorail and went back to the hotel and fell asleep.

Part 3 coming soonÖ.

Thanks for the report !

I'm so pumped up for my trip in september.

I did not know that Mira Costa's guests also get early entrance in TDL. I wonder if Ambassadors guests get early entrance to TDL and TDS too ?

We only got early entry to TDS. We just got to use a special entrance into TDL, but it opened at the regular time.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateSkellington View Post
    We only got early entry to TDS. We just got to use a special entrance into TDL, but it opened at the regular time.

The special entrance is for Mira Costa's guests ? or also for the ambassador's ? Where is that entrance ?

I'm assuming its for guests in both of the hotels. It is located between the two sets of entrance gates for the regular guests. They give you all the information when you check into the hotel.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report! Can't wait to see more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

I'm assuming its for guests in both of the hotels. It is located between the two sets of entrance gates for the regular guests. They give you all the information when you check into the hotel.

Thanks. BTW which camera did you use to get those shots ?

• Minion

Enjoyed the pics, thanks. I particularly liked the one with both Splash and Prometheus. You managed to do a quite a lot for the time you had.
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by b236en View Post
    how was the hotel?
    The Mira Costa was amazing. The service was spectacular, and the rooms are very nice. It is right inside Disney Sea, so you have easy access to the park. And theres a convenient walkway to the monorail station.

Quote Originally Posted by samshio View Post
    Thanks. BTW which camera did you use to get those shots ?
    I have a Cannon Powershot SD630. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    You managed to do a quite a lot for the time you had.
    Ya, well the park was relatively empty. In every queue I could see a lot of unused queue space that I guess is used on busy days, so I'm guessing the park was unusually empty on the days we went. Especially on Wednesday in Disney Sea, everything was a walk-on.

The Mira Costa was amazing. The service was spectacular, and the rooms are very nice. It is right inside Disney Sea, so you have easy access to the park. And theres a convenient walkway to the monorail station.

I have a Cannon Powershot SD630. Why do you ask?

Ya, well the park was relatively empty. In every queue I could see a lot of unused queue space that I guess is used on busy days, so I'm guessing the park was unusually empty on the days we went. Especially on Wednesday in Disney Sea, everything was a walk-on.

I have a canon s5IS. the pictures look great.

for the mira costa, did you have a porto paradiso side room ? overlooking the park ?

how much did you pay ?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

feels like I am there!

Great Trip Report!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast