Thread: Hotel Info

Hotel Info

Hi,

I am not going until mid Feb but was wondering if deals come up with the hotels closer to the time? All Disney hotels seem expensive for low season. Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel near Disney or easily accessable on train line with not much walking?

Do the characters come out in hotel lobby etc?

Also, I was told that they have facilities in the park for disabled people if they need to rest?

Many thanks for your help

• You have much to learn...

Re: Hotel Info

I've found the the Hilton at Tokyo Bay (which is on the resort line & gets easy access to the parks), you can get as low as 14,000 yen if you book it early enough- but most likely will cost more on weekends. If you book online & am arriving on a weekend, I would suggest booking those rooms separately since most stays seem to be based on the day you arrive.

For example- you may pay 24,000 yen or more per day if you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday- and that rate will be what you would pay for each day- However if you are arriving during the week & get a lower rate- that rate would also cover the weekend as well- so you may get between 14,000 & 16,000 yen per night. If you do arrive on a weekend- then book those nights separately, so you would pay the higher cost for the first few nights & the cheaper rate on the rest- Just make sure you book the same type of room.

They do offer a courtesy bus that will take you from the hotel to the resort liner.

I've never stayed at the other hotels along the resort liner route- but may have the same general rates.

The Disney hotels- Miracosta, Disneyland Hotel & Ambassador are beautiful, but will cost much more per night.

I have never seen the characters at the Hilton, and really don't know if they appear regularly in the other Disney hotels- unless they just weren't there the times I've visited.
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 08-17-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added info

• Miss Bee Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    Hi,

I am not going until mid Feb but was wondering if deals come up with the hotels closer to the time? All Disney hotels seem expensive for low season. Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel near Disney or easily accessable on train line with not much walking?

Do the characters come out in hotel lobby etc?

Also, I was told that they have facilities in the park for disabled people if they need to rest?

Many thanks for your help
    We stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay --and loved it. They do have a shuttle that picks up at the Monorail Station to take you to the hotel. And, the prices were great.

I don't know what kind of disability you/your family member has--but when we went to the parks in June...we took my daughter who has Down syndrome with us (she's 23).
    We used a Guest Assistance Card (GAC) for the attractions, and it helped us out quite a bit.
    If you'd like more information on this GAC--send me a PM and I'll explain how it works.
    Peggy
    WDW-July 2010
    **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
    Disneyland Paris-2002
    WDW-1999, 2000
    DisneyCruise-2000

• Resident of the Caldera

I often stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, and it's a good hotel if you speak only English with little Japanese. However I've never gotten a rate as low as the jedimaster. Usually I pay $230 a night for a twin ocean view room and consider myself lucky not to be paying $450 a night at one of the three Disney hotels.

Hi,

We have problms with walking far and standing..I have used GAc in USa and HK and they aloow me to sit and wait for characters and rides but i only go for characters....some cms make you wait for an hour though!
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

Yes Fukai, I get the cheaper rates since I am the Master!!

But all joking aside, you can probably get it too, but you have to do some research and fooling around with dates and booking rooms separately, but keeping in mind to book the same type of room so you don't have to move.

I've been burned for a few years, paying more than the $230 that you pay since we didn't realize things.

When I first visited, we were paying over $300 a night!!

We always take the twin ocean view room as well-with the two full size beds- I think the beds are the most comfortable there and has a full bathroom.

We made the mistake a few years ago in trying one of the delux rooms, which basically looked like we were staying in the Lego room. I swear, there were small cube chairs and table, with 2 twin beds that were hard as a rock- the bathroom had the dressing area in the middle with glass doors on either side-one for the toilet & the other was a shower- the toilet room was so small & the doors were basically frosted somewhat see thru. I wasn't impressed at all- so we stayed one night & went down to the guest services & managed to get the other room for the rest of the trip.

We learned from experience with booking rooms as well- my friend figured out by booking the trip & rooms separately- it did come out cheaper- We may have paid $280 for weekends, but weekdays were anywhere from $150-$180.

This year, my friend found the 14,400 rate-roughly $150- but it was per night for the entire stay-but involved staying 2 1/2 weeks- which was too long for me to get off from work- so I started playing around with dates & the price seemed to be based on the day of the week you arrived.

You also have to look into pre-paying- since you do get a cheaper rate by doing this- but you can't cancel or change anything once you book.

I finally booked 9/28 thru 10/4 this year & got burned once again- I was looking at rates & found the 14,400 (pre-paid rate) & kept checking for weeks- but when we booked it this past weekend- the twin ocean room was sold out- so we got stuck with a 3 bed family room which was 16,800 per night pre paid- so we booked it to try it. I hope we don't get screwed like that other weird room. But, as my rotten luck would have it, after we booked the room and couldn't change it, the twin room opened up the very next day back at the 14,400 rate!!

So I guess I'm not the Master any more! But check into things the next time you go- you may wind up saving a lot of money by looking at different days of the week, or booking weekends separately- since if you start the trip on a weekend or popular holiday- you are paying that higher room rate for the entire stay.

Hope this helps

• Banned User

I do not do the official hotels in the vecinity of the park. They are great hotels, but why pay more when you can pay much less just a short train ride away? The more you save, the more money you will have to spend at the parks.. which by US standards, are not cheap.

I stayed at the Tokyo Hilton Bay for 5 nights in Feb this year, with a rate of $165.00 per night with a free upgrade and daily breakfast.

I find the best way to get a great rate is search all the discount sites find the lowest price you can and then ring the Hilton Worldwide reservation line and ask if they can better the price.

Staying at a well know Hotel near Disneyland (CA ) for my Feb trip next year and got the hotel to give me a discounted rate of $41.00 inculding taxes, down from the rack rate of $230.00

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I do not do the official hotels in the vecinity of the park. They are great hotels, but why pay more when you can pay much less just a short train ride away? The more you save, the more money you will have to spend at the parks.. which by US standards, are not cheap.
    One reason why some choose to stay near TDR is for the family with kids to go back to hotel for a rest in the afternoon and return later that day. Even other hotels like Palm & Fountain would be a bit too far and less convenient for the family when need to travel couple of times a day.

I always go back to my room for a few hours in the afternoon (I'm just past 50 now and being on the go from early in the morning, well my tootsies just need a rest by about 2 or 3 pm when lines are the longest). After staying in Tokyo for a few days before heading out to Urayasu, I'm just about done with the Hotel Universe. The Hilton Tokyo Bay makes quite a nice change.

Hey JediMaster--I see you're from Brooklyn. I grew up in Queens.

Yes, I grew up in Brooklyn and am still there.

I've only stayed at the Hilton & haven't had the chance to experience any of the other hotels, either around the resort, or anywhere else in Japan. We keep saying we'll try out one of the hotels in the city-Possibly the Prince hotel (if I recall the name correctly) right outside of Tokyo Station- it's where we usually pick up the bus for some of the tours we've been on. But I would rather stay at the resort as well- I like the idea of being close by as well- I can keep going all day long, but use the hotel as a shopping drop off so we don't have to bother getting lockers- or if we're park hopping, we'll buy whatever we need- stop off at the hotel & head on back- sometimes even change since it gets cooler in the evenings.

I have decided on the Sunroute at Disney...similar price to what we would be paying in Tokyo for two people. And clsoe to Disney!!!

Thank you for al lyour help.....I am really happy with the sunroute...anyone stayed there?
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    I have decided on the Sunroute at Disney...similar price to what we would be paying in Tokyo for two people. And clsoe to Disney!!!

Thank you for al lyour help.....I am really happy with the sunroute...anyone stayed there?
    We stayed at Sunroute in Nov 2007. Wanted to book Sheraton or Hilton but was too expensive for that period. The hotel is further away to the station so you have to take the shuttle bus. Room was alright although we still prefer Sheraton. One of the cheapest TDR Official Hotels.

I only intend to use the hotel for sleeping
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    Upcoming