Smile Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel

Hello,

I'm planning my trip to TDL in May 2011.

Palm & Fountain terrace hotel seems to be pretty popular among Japanese visitors as an option for the value accomodation (based on some Japanese TDR discussion boards). Has anyone stayed there? How's the transport between the hotel and the parks? How are the beds? (We've stayed at the Tokyo Bay hotel Tokyu last time but the beds were extremely firm that we couldn't sleep very well at all for 2 nights...)

w/ myself, DH and two 6 year olds, the space and the # of beds they offer (along w/ the reasonable price) are pretty attractive, but not sure if we need to sacrifice something else.

I appreciate if you can share any info on the hotel.

Thanks,

And yes, this is my first post on micechat.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    Hello,

I'm planning my trip to TDL in May 2011.

Palm & Fountain terrace hotel seems to be pretty popular among Japanese visitors as an option for the value accomodation (based on some Japanese TDR discussion boards). Has anyone stayed there? How's the transport between the hotel and the parks? How are the beds? (We've stayed at the Tokyo Bay hotel Tokyu last time but the beds were extremely firm that we couldn't sleep very well at all for 2 nights...)

w/ myself, DH and two 6 year olds, the space and the # of beds they offer (along w/ the reasonable price) are pretty attractive, but not sure if we need to sacrifice something else.

I appreciate if you can share any info on the hotel.

Thanks,

And yes, this is my first post on micechat.
    Hi!
    Welcome to MiceChat! We have never stayed at those hotels but they are very near our home so we have ridden the bus from there a few times. The bus trip should only be about 15-20minutes and is on a schedule so you will know what time it will be arriving. They are both on Symbol road which is the main road of Shin Urayasu which many restaurants and by the ocean. They are not in a bad location but at night the buses can get a little crowded. Sorry I can not be more help!
    Trish
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Thanks Trish for a quick reply. :-)
    one other selling point is that they have a Lawson (sp?) so we can save some money on food.

It sounds like it has a good transportation option too.

Anyone knows about beds?

• Loves Mickey!

Both hotels have a Lawson and just a short walk down Symbol road is an awesome bakery called Pan Jewel with a free coffee service! (The only day it's closed is Tuesday) Across the street from that is a 7-11 and Itoyokado. The hotel conbini's get very crowded after 8 so it might be worth the short walk! If you walk right following the park along the bay you will hit the Mitsui Garden hotel which has a Natural Lawson and is next to a Family Mart.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

We've stayed at these hotels many times. We like this hotel because it is really reasonably priced. We've stayed at Ambassador and at the Hilton Tokyo bay - both are great if you are with young children who may need to take a break from the crowds...... but some of the times we've been there, the rates were really really expensive..... so when we found P&F we were hooked. The only thing you sacrifice is space.... the rooms are really not that big if you have lots of baggage.... we usually travel with 2 luggages and have huge duffle bags just in case we need the extra space for goodies. The lawsons are great..... bento boxes available as well as instant ramen.....

there is transportation to and from the parks. It takes about 10-15 min so not sure if that is okay for you.

We just found the coin laundry on our floor this time (we had to dry our jeans and wet shoes- june rain) so that was nice.... now we know we can do laundry so no need to pack so much!

All in all, we like this hotel, and being that really we only sleep there for a few hours the tight space was fine. It is the least expensive out of all the hotels for Disney Resort.... at least the ones we've checked into.....

hope this helps! have fun

Cool! I'm more inclined to stay there now.

a couple more questions
    1. So, how's the softness of the beds? Is it too hard? or comfy?
    2. Where is the bus stop at TDL? and TDS? How long is the walk from the bus stop to the gate? Is it convinient enough to go back for a nap? if it's only 10 ~ 15 minutes and if we can time right to be at the bus stop, it doesn't sound so hard to go back for a quick break. Monorail is convinient, but it still takes some time to go back to the monorail hotels...
    Last edited by voleball; 07-28-2010 at 02:02 PM.

So, how's the softness of the beds? Is it too hard? or comfy?
    well, for us it was comfortable.... it wasn't too soft nor too hard. I think we were way too tired to notice. We start very early at the parks by 8am, and come back late.... before 11pm.....

Where is the bus stop at TDL? and TDS? How long is the walk from the bus stop to the gate? Is it convinient enough to go back for a nap? if it's only 10 ~ 15 minutes and if we can time right to be at the bus stop, it doesn't sound so hard to go back for a quick break. Monorail is convinient, but it still takes some time to go back to the monorail hotels...
    the bus stop is right at the entrance to TDL/TDS. it is less than 5 min to the gate. We usually go back for a nap mid afternoon before the night parade. There is a bus schedule and japan is always right on the nose with time.... at least in our experience. You can get a schedule at the front desk. You can also purchase your tickets at the hotel for the parks. Check in is at 3pm, but if you arrive early (we usually get to the hotel by 11am when we arrive in Japan) they will keep your baggage while you are at the parks and will check you in when you return. This time (June) we came back late and checked in, our bags were already brought to our room.... cool!

We found the monorail a bit more time consuming...... but fun! the only thing is that it is always packed at closing.... sometimes after getting off the monorail, you will have to wait for your bus to the hotel..... walking was totallly out of the question as kids were super tired...LOL

Cool! Thanks so much for your info!

• Established 2005

Isn't there an onsen somewhere between the P&FT and the Shin-Urayasu station?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Isn't there an onsen somewhere between the P&FT and the Shin-Urayasu station?
    I found this right next to the hotels. (Sorry, Japanese wibsite)
    http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/urayasu/index.html (Urayasu Mangekyo)

This place looks like a destination resort rather than a regular Onsen.

• Established 2005

That's the one. They used to have an English site, I thought. Ah well. Another perk of the area.

This is great info. Thank you.

How often does the shuttle run? once every hour, twice every hour?
    Mouseketeer Wannabe

Leaving the hotel:
    It looks like they run almost every 10 minutes in the morning. First bus leaves at 6:25.
    12pm ~ 2pm, only 2 bus runs per hour
    in the evening, 3 ~ 4 bus runs per hour
    7pm ~ 9pm, only one per hour

Leaving the park:
    almost the same as above in the morning and afternoon
    Evening has a lot more runs. The hour of 10pm has 9 runs.

So, the shuttle seems to be well covered. :-)
    Last edited by voleball; 09-11-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Wow!
    That's an impressive shuttle schedule!
    We were a little concerned we might be left somewhat stranded if we missed a particular time.

Thanks for the reassurance!
    Mouseketeer Wannabe

• Resident of the Caldera

You can pay as little as $160 a night at the Hilton Tokyo Bay if you book in advance and also pre-pay. This is for a large Western-size hotel room. Lots of space for baggage, and most rooms also have a trundle bed. I highly recommend it. Just a hop on the monorail and you're in your room in under ten minutes.