• Spaceport Labor Droid

TDR Hotel View Question

I'm working on plans for an upcoming trip to Tokyo and was wondering what the views from the rooms at the three Disney Resort hotels are and if there are any recommendations. All three hotels look spectacular and while I don't mind if I have a view of the park (it would be great but pricey...) I'd rather not have a view of parking lots either.

I'm used to the phrasing of the WDW and Disneyland hotel rooms and views and what they translate to in real life but the Park View, Park Grand View, Superior Room, etc. has me a little confused. I was wondering if there are certain views that are, say, parking lots vs. gardens vs. parks.

Thanks much!
    And on your left, ladies and gentlemen, is The Backside of Water...

Re: TDR Hotel View Question

I know that the Park View is indeed a view of the park. Lurkyloo's trip report shows the view they had.

I also want to know what the other view is, especially as lurkyloo is of the opinion that the park veiw is not worth it.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

I was there in May 2009 and had a Park view. It was kinda fun actually. Expensive, so I only did two nights there. The thing I noticed the most, was not really looking at the view but hearing the music and the sounds that came from the Park. There was something "magical" (corny word) about it. The music would play I think for an hour or so after the Park closed, and I remember going to sleep hearing that music (funny-the things you remember). However on the flipside, you never escape it. Keep in mind, at least in my room, the sliding door had interior grilles on it and only opened about 5 inches, I'll try and figure out how to post the pics of my view.

Created an album under the Community Header with a few photos of the Park from my room.
    Last edited by GUYNYC; 10-19-2010 at 05:07 PM.

• Spaceport Labor Droid

Thanks! The photos are helpful and I do like the idea of the music drifting into the room after hours, I got lucky with a well located room at the Grand Californian a few years ago with the same thing... If anyone else has more info it would be much appreciated.

Here's my review of our room at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, which Disney calls a "Standard Superior Room (Park Grand View) (5th-6th Floors)":

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

Here's the one of our room at Hotel MiraCosta, which Disney calls a "Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Harbor View":

Hotel MiraCosta

Here's the one of our room at the Ambassador Hotel, which Disney calls an "Ambassador Floor Standard Room (Non-Smoking)":

Disney's Ambassador Hotel

Hope this helps!

• Spaceport Labor Droid

Thanks lurkyloo! Excellent information - and a terrific trip report overall. That has been a fantastic read!

One more question - can they transfer bags between hotels if we split up our stay between the three hotels so we don't have to store them at bell services and pick them up in the evening?

Yes! We had this done twice—once from DL Hotel to Mira Costa, then from Mira Costa to Ambassador. The bags were placed directly in our new room. Very convenient!