Sheraton vs Hilton

I've heard a lot of good reviews on Hilton from many of regulars here. How about Sheraton? The room size wise and the location wise, it doesn't seem to be that much different. Sheraton also advertizes for their "most comfortable" beds. Is Hilton still better? If so, why?
    Last edited by voleball; 10-27-2010 at 07:56 PM.

• World Traveler

Re: Sheraton vs Hilton

Between both, I like the Sheraton better. If you have an SPG account, you might get upgraded to the Club level like we were. I posted my reviews on Tripadvisor, so you might want to check that out.

• Adventures with Duffy

I haven't stayed at the Hilton, but very much enjoyed the Sheraton. It is right across the street from the Monorail station. You just walk out the front door, down the drive way area, and across the street is the station. Its very close and easy. Once on the monorail the first stop is TDS.

The rooms are good size, not sure the dimensions but bigger room then we had inside Tokyo city. The showers are very nice and the bathroom is pretty good sized. The beds are comfy too and I have a bad back so to say the beds are nice they are nice. lol

The hotel has a cafe and a buffet. Both are very good. Pricey, but then again what isn't at Disney or when you are traveling. We ate there often.

They offer computer stations with free internet. Which was nice. I don't think the rooms have free internet, but I could be wrong about that.

The staff was very helpful, nice a most if not all spoke english well enough that we never had a problem with the language barrier.

We were there Oct-Nov 2008. The pool at the hotel was closed, due to cold weather I think. But the pool looked like it was a nice one.

We did do laundry while we there, it was just your normal laundry room. It had some seating in there, which was nice as to I don't just leave my clothes unattended.

We would stay there again. We enjoyed it.

Thanks both! Just checked the trip advisor. It looks like Sheraton is ranked higher than Hilton based on guest reviews.

• Resident of the Caldera

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is without doubt the nicest Hilton, the cleanest, with the best staff of any Hilton I've ever stayed at. It's a fabulous hotel with great amenities. Any problem and the staff sees to it immediately. English is spoken perfectly by most of the staff.

I have stayed at Sheratons in the US and found them to be okay, but perhaps the one at TDR is nicer. I think you can often find a less expensive room at the Hilton and I have always been thrilled with my stays there.

Internet at the Hilton is $15 a day, which is a bummer, but at least it works really well.

The Hilton has a large convenience store on premises, which stocks everything you could possibly want--like the best 7-11 you've ever been to. Better, in fact.

It's probably six of one and half a dozen of the other: If picking between the two, I'd simply stay where I could get the best rate.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I have stayed at the Sheraton before, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. In terms of the room, I think the Hilton has the most up to date rooms, but since I have status with SPG, I will naturally stay at the Sheraton. Still the room was well maintained, like most things in Japan are.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Most rooms at the Sheraton have balconies. The hilton rooms do not. The place looks like a big boxy semi circular building. Sheraton is closer to the TDR Line Bayside station entrance.

Thanks all for your info!

I've joined the SPG membership and applied for the credit card. with the free points that come with the credit card, I should be able to stay at the Sheraton for 4 nights with the price of 2.

So, I'll be staying at Sheraton this spring when I go to TDR.