Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   

Re: Question about the Hilton Tokyo Bay

From what I can tell from pictures, it just appears that the celebrio select rooms have larger windows giving you a panoramic type of view. This website gives you a little more information.
    ~Tamika

• You have much to learn...

I'm a Celebrio room right now & have stayed in a twin ocean view room in the past-at least, to me-the main difference is in the room decor, the rooms are much more modern artsy. I didn't read the earlier posts till today but found out about the wifi when we checked in. I believe the window sizes are the same.

The one thing I noticed is that the beds are much firmer than I'm used to. I come here every year & was in Celebrio last year too. I was in a twin room 2 years ago and the beds were much more comfy to me-but they may have been older & more broken in.

I think the rooms are basically similar other than the decor, but free wifi in the room is a plus.

Too bad I'm checking out today

My flight gets in at 8:30PM into Narita. Will that arrival time complicate the (train) transit from the airport to the hotel, or should the trip take about the same length?

Also, does anyone know how long the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center stays open?
    Last edited by pli1018; 01-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.

So, I'm thinking we are going to try staying here for our next visit. Can't stay at MiraCosta every time, right? For those who have stayed here, how did you book the room? Or, what website did you use? The Hilton website itself or some other travel discount website such as Travelocity or Expedia? Wondering where I'm going to find the best deal. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pli1018 View Post
    My flight gets in at 8:30PM into Narita. Will that arrival time complicate the (train) transit from the airport to the hotel, or should the trip take about the same length?

Also, does anyone know how long the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center stays open?
    Here's the page for the Resort Welcome Center.

Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center | Tokyo Disney Resort

You will have several options when it comes to taking the train from Narita when you arrive. I would familiarize yourself with using hyperdia.com. This is an English site where you can enter your starting station (Narita Terminal 1 or Terminal 2) and your destination station (Maihama). Unfortunately there isn't really a direct line from the airport to TDR, but if you are traveling light you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Thanks for the Hyperdia tip! I'm accustomed to the constantly-running New York City subway system, so the early final departures for a few of the rail lines was a bit jarring. Hopefully I'll get to Maihama before the final monorail and/or cruiser departs.

As for the Hilton, I ended up getting the best price directly from their website. I found cheaper nightly rates on Orbitz and Expedia, but with the final taxes and charges, the Hilton site still gave me the best price. There's a great Any Weekend, Anywhere deal going on that got me a Celebrio room for about $165 a night.

Thanks for the Hyperdia tip! I'm accustomed to the constantly-running New York City subway system, so the early final departures for a few of the rail lines was a bit jarring. Hopefully I'll get to Maihama before the final monorail and/or cruiser departs.

As for the Hilton, I ended up getting the best price directly from their website. I found cheaper nightly rates on Orbitz and Expedia, but with the final taxes and charges, the Hilton site still gave me the best price. There's a great Any Weekend, Anywhere deal going on that got me a Celebrio room for about $165 a night.

Thanks for your response about the Hilton! That is kind of what I was finding, too, in regards to the best deals coming from their own website, but what to ask if anyone had gotten a better deal elsewhere.

You know, it occured to me last night that even though they don't run Limosine busses that late to the TDL resort, I just checked and they do have a Limosine bus from Narita that departs at 9:00pm that will drop you directly at the main Tokyo Station and from there, that is a fairly quick ride to Maihama. When we last flew into Narita, once you come out of customs, you are essentially right at all the transportation counters. You would just be cutting it close arriving at 8:30. In regard to resort transportation, the monorail runs right up until around midnight and the website says the cruisers stop around 11:30.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    You know, it occured to me last night that even though they don't run Limosine busses that late to the TDL resort, I just checked and they do have a Limosine bus from Narita that departs at 9:00pm that will drop you directly at the main Tokyo Station and from there, that is a fairly quick ride to Maihama.
    Just so you know...

The Limosine Bus drops you off accross the street from Tokyo Station on the Yaesu side. It is a pretty good walk from the bus stop to the Keiyo/Musashino Line platforms. I'd say maybe 10-15 minutes with luggage in tow.

Also, if you are not familiar with Tokyo Station, the Keiyo/Musashino platform is the deepest underground and you have to go down three levels. This is not always easy to do with luggage. You probably want to find where the elevators are if you have large bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Just so you know...

The Limosine Bus drops you off accross the street from Tokyo Station on the Yaesu side. It is a pretty good walk from the bus stop to the Keiyo/Musashino Line platforms. I'd say maybe 10-15 minutes with luggage in tow.

Also, if you are not familiar with Tokyo Station, the Keiyo/Musashino platform is the deepest underground and you have to go down three levels. This is not always easy to do with luggage. You probably want to find where the elevators are if you have large bags.
    This part is true. I've had to navigate the Tokyo station with 2 toddlers, suitcases, and a stroller and sometimes finding an elevator that goes from the correct floor to another is quite a challenge. We often found ourselves throwing up our hands and either going up and down stairs with the stroller or making the kids jump out of the stroller and taking the escalator. We would give ourselves about 20 minutes to get from where we got off our train to find the Keiyo line. Once we started seeing the Disney posters, we knew we were heading in the right direction.

For those of you who have stayed at the resort before, I have two more questions.
    My flight departs on a Wednesday at 8:40PM. I know check out time is 12PM. Does the regular Hilton policy of holding bags at the front desk apply here?

I was hoping to head into Disney Sea for the day and having the bags kept at the front desk would be ideal!

This final question is so incredibly specific and if no one has an answer, I totally understand. I was planning on buying my park tickets online via the official website, which would require me to pick them up from the Ticket Center. However, the Ticket Center opens at 8AM and so do the parks, so we won't be able to start the morning off in the stampede. The Hilton ticket desk probably doesn't open up earlier than 8, right?
    Last edited by pli1018; 01-26-2013 at 01:53 PM.

For those of you who have stayed at the resort before, I have two more questions.
    My flight departs on a Wednesday at 8:40PM. I know check out time is 12PM. Does the regular Hilton policy of holding bags at the front desk apply here?

I was hoping to head into Disney Sea for the day and having the bags kept at the front desk would be ideal!

This final question is so incredibly specific and if no one has an answer, I totally understand. I was planning on buying my park tickets online via the official website, which would require me to pick them up from the Ticket Center. However, the Ticket Center opens at 8AM and so do the parks, so we won't be able to start the morning off in the stampede. The Hilton ticket desk probably doesn't open up earlier than 8, right?
    The website for the Tokyo Disney Official Hotels say one of the benefits is being able to leave your luggage with the hotel and then you can pick it up at the Welcome Center, but I do believe that may only be until 5pm (according to the website). I'm going to say that I bet you could have them just hold your luggage and let you retrieve it later that day OR there are rather large lockers available for use located directly under the monorail stations. This would save you having to go back to the hotel to retrieve your bags.

I'm curious, is there a perk to buying your tickets online? If not, otherwise I would just wait until I get there and purchase tickets from the hotel the night before you plan to enter the parks or even day of arrival. Oh, but that's right, you are getting in kind of late the night before. Well, the website says the ticket booths at the parks are open 1 hour before the park opens. So, another option may be to try and be one of the first people in line at the ticket booth, get your ticket, and then jump in the line for the turnstiles. When we were there in December, an hour prior to park opening, the line to get INTO THE PARK (not those in line for tickets) wasn't too bad and if you are traveling solo -- and not pushing a stroller like myself -- you should be able to cover a lot of ground quickly.

I'm excited for you! Makes me want to go back, even though we were just there.

I got into contact with the Hilton yesterday and they were able to provide some answers:
    -They DO provide bag-holding services at the front desk. Free of charge, too!
    -The Disney ticket window at the Hilton is open from 7AM-9PM and has the same prices as the parks.

The only perk I see to purchasing them online is that you're "reserving" your attendance for the day. I'll be heading to the parks in the four days following the very popular Golden Week, so I'm a little weary that the parks might sell-out, but that could just be me being paranoid. Anyone know if that's common?

Thanks Liz! I'm traveling with one of my friends, so one of us could wait in the turnstile line and then the other could go to the ticket booth and buy two passes. That could work if the hotel booth doesn't! Plus, I have a slight advantage too during the stampede because I have long legs and ample experience navigating New York City commuter/tourist madness!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12