Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about the Hilton Tokyo Bay

Looks like we can get a room here in July for under $150 per night, so we're considering staying here for the entire Tokyo portion of our trip. How long does the train trip from Tokyo take? Do trains generally run late into the night? What time do they usually stop?

Do they still charge for wi-fi and pool usage?

• Super

Re: Question about the Hilton Tokyo Bay

I stayed there in February and enjoyed the hotel. Wifi wasn't available in my room, from what I was told you need to book a Celebrio room to get wifi (which is included)... Even though my room picked up a weak signal they wouldn't give me access. They had a couple of computers in the lobby which weren't too expensive to use.

Train from Tokyo station was really simple - a lot of signs to point you in the right direction to the JR Keiyo line, and you know when you get to Maihama when you hear the Disney tune played by the train! Takes about 15-25 minutes depending on if you get an express or not... You'll notice the people going to Disneyland for sure!

Prim not sure how late it runs, but I've been to Disneyland from before open until after close and been able to get a train quickly and easily so I wouldn't be concerned.

The Hilton is a nice hotel - the happy magic rooms are a lot of fun and a bay view is really nice (park view is really of a car park). Not too far a walk to the monorail either but travel could be an issue if you were travelling into the city everyday or wanted to visit any places further afield as you'd be adding around 45-60 mins to get into town by the time you wait etc

Yeah that's what I'm concerned about, we'd be staying there for maybe 10 nights, but only doing a max of 4 days in the parks, so the rest of the time we'd be travelling into Tokyo...

I just did 10 night in Tokyo and split it with 4 at Hilton Tokyo Bay and 6 at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. If you split your time you may be able to get a discount rate at SPS if you do 6 nights. That is what I did and it worked out great. The Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku hotel is a perfect location if you want to spend time in the city. Super close to Shinjuku station, accessible via Airport Limo Bus, close to great shopping and nightime fun stuff to do and a 7-11 with international ATM is an easy 5 minute walk. And there is FREE Wifi in the lobby.

•   

Mosaic513- what was your take on the Hilton Tokyo Bay? I see so many mixed reviews. Thanks!
    ~Tamika

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon007 View Post
    Mosaic513- what was your take on the Hilton Tokyo Bay? I see so many mixed reviews. Thanks!
    Mixed reviews? I am surprised by that. While it isn't where I would stay if the city was my main destination, other than the prices of the bar and the breakfast (which are big deals I agree) I would say it was one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed in.

Top notch service, one of the best.

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

I stayed 5 nights, 5/20 - 5/24, in the Tokyo Bay Hilton in a King Celebrio room and was very pleased. The room decor is a little more modern than I care for, but still very nice. The Celebrio room has free internet and a daily re-stocked beverage fridge with 2 bottles of water, a bottle of flavored vitamin water and 3 small cans of soda. (A word of caution; they will not let you bring the cans of soda into the parks. We tried and they made us throw them away when a CM saw us drinking them. Bottles are ok, but not the cans.) The toilet in the bathroom has a heated seat, spray & bidet options and automatically flushes. My room had a fabulous view overlooking Tokyo Bay and the Tokyo skyline. The room was very quiet with minimal-to-no noise from the hallways. Even the fan for air conditioning was extremely quiet and almost imperceptible. The only odd thing to me was they do not put a top sheet on the bed. It has a fitted sheet on the mattress and a comforter cover, but no top sheet. Maybe this is standard in Japan? I asked at the front desk if housekeeping had forgotten the top sheet and they checked the room and left a letter saying the bed was correctly made. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Bayside resort line station, but the resort cruiser buses also pick up and drop off at the hotel. The hotel lobby and common areas are very nice and the staff was always friendly and helpful. You can purchase actual park tickets right in the lobby of the hotel.
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

•   

Thank you Rod & tloolgb for your insights. Every little bit helps when deciding on which hotel to book.
    ~Tamika

I totally agree with Rod and tloolgb. We loved the hotel and it's convenience for visiting TDR. We also had a Celebrio room and I felt it was almost "Space Mountainish" decor wise. Even the hallways were like that. But that aside, the room was big for Japan standards. We took advantage of a 30% prepay rate which was great since for only 100 more than the total prepay rate it included coupons for the breakfast buffet. That turned out to be a big plus since ate a bigger breakfast each day too save on spending more on food at the parks. We actually were able to use the coupons for lunch at the hotel one day for te buffet and it was excellent. Both the Japanese and Western offerings were great. While we would not have paid full price for the buffets, they were surely worth doing the prepay.

And speaking of prepay and finding a rate for the hotel do check their site often. I think I changed my reservation a total of 3 times before I took the offer with the dining option. It was not available the first two times and the rates were higher too.

And the convenience store in the lobby was an asset too. You could grab a cold drink, a snack or something sweet or some ramen if you were hungry. it worked out really well and would definitely stay
    there again.

• Resident of the Caldera

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is great: I stay there once or twice a year. The staff is perfection--couldn't be more helpful. Hotel is clean. Great ocean views out the rooms on the back side.

Even if I have some days of sightseeing in Tokyo, I find it less expensive to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and just take the JR line into Tokyo--it's only 15 minutes. To get a room the size of the one you get at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in Tokyo itself would cost double the $200 or so I pay for the Hilton Tokyo Bay, and who doesn't like staying right at the Tokyo Disney Resort? Some people prefer the Sheraton, but I haven't stayed there since I'm a Hilton Honors member.

And, yes, the convenience store at the Hilton Tokyo Bay is just a blast--everything you need.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Even if I have some days of sightseeing in Tokyo, I find it less expensive to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and just take the JR line into Tokyo--it's only 15 minutes.
    Just wanted to help put this comment in its proper context...

Fukai is talking about the actual time it takes to get from JR Maihama Station to JR Tokyo Station using either the Keiyo Express or Musashino train. If you end up taking the Keiyo Local train, add around 5 minutes to the ride time.

Also don't forget to add into the total time from Hilton Tokyo Bay to JR Tokyo Station the wait and ride time on the Disney Resort Liner (monorail) or Disney Resort Cruiser (bus) to get you from the Hilton to JR Maihama Station, and the potential wait time at JR Maihama station for the next train heading towards Tokyo. I'm going to estimate that at around 10-15 minutes best case timing.

I personally would allocate 40 minutes to get door to door from the Hilton to Tokyo Station. Then of course you need to go from there to wherever you are going in Tokyo, so unless you are staying in the Tokyo Station area, I'd allocate at least one hour or more to get to your desired Tokyo destination.

Don't forget the return trip is going to take you the same amount of time so probably two or more hours for hotel transit. This is why many people prefer to stay in Tokyo on days not going to the resort. It can save a good chunck of the two hour transit time each day.

•   

Thanks to all your insights. We have booked the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our stay at the resort area.
    ~Tamika

• Resident of the Caldera

Walking time from the Hilton to Bayside Station for the Resort Line is 2 to 3 minutes.

The Resort Line runs every 4 to 6 minutes at that hour.

Monorail from Bayside Station to Gateway Statiion is 7 minutes.

Walk to JR Maihama Station from Ikspiari is 2 to 3 minutes.

So, for me, that's tops 19 minutes to the JR station.

19 + whatever time you have to wait for the train to arrive. They seem to come pretty often + 15 = about 40 minutes to Tokyo Station. At least that's the way it always plays out for me.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Does anyone know the difference between celebrio and celebrio select rooms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast