Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel MiraCosta

Question Hotel MiraCosta

Hi there!

Has anyone actually successful in booking Porto Paradiso Side Partial View using the Disney online booking?

It seem like this room type is always not available in the website despite trying to book 6 months in advance.

Perhaps you have other websites or other ways that I can do booking with?

Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Hotel MiraCosta

I have found it is becoming more and more difficult to get any kind of room at MiraCosta these days and have fielded a couple of similar posts before. When we went last Christmas, I was checking just about every day starting from 6 months out and we wound up staying at the Hilton because I could never secure reservations. Now, I do have at least a couple of theories -- that is all they are, theories, but there has to be a reason why, at 6 months out, and checking within minutes of the website showing you can book on that day that there are no rooms available. 1) Is it possible that AP holders get some sort of earlier window to book rooms, therefore permitting them to have first dibs on the more desirable rooms? 2) So many blocks of rooms are tied up with vacation packages so that unless you can read Japanese and can book a vacation package using the Japanese website, those rooms won't show as available on the English website? 3) People are reserving rooms days in advance, such as they really want reservations for the 4-8, so they are getting online or calling, reserving the room for the 1-5 and then day by day making adjustments to arrive a day earlier and stay a day later (does that make sense) -- some people refer to this as "walking a reservation". 4) Also, I was on a travel website the other day where it checks a bunch of other websites for rates/availabilty and found it interesting that this one hotel website showed that it had rooms at MiraCosta (it was a more obscure website, not one of the big ones like Expedia, hotels.com, Orbitz, etc.) but yet if you got on MiraCosta's website and tried to pull up the same dates, it showed no rooms were available. It just raised the question of how did this one website show having rooms but not on the actual Disney site.

Again, these are all theories or questions as to the difficulty it can be to get reservations at Miracosta. And trying to get one of those Partial View rooms at the lower price -- honestly, I think you would have to know somebody on the inside because I'm sure they are some of the very first to go.

Thanks LizCatMom.

I really want to know if anyone booked this room type recently? By how? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mcliew View Post
    Hi there!

Has anyone actually successful in booking Porto Paradiso Side Partial View using the Disney online booking?

It seem like this room type is always not available in the website despite trying to book 6 months in advance.

Perhaps you have other websites or other ways that I can do booking with?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hey Mcliew, I stayed at Porto Paradiso room Partial view last Valentine. I booked from the website few days before I stayed.

As LizCatMom mentioned above. Booking a room at Miracosta is like... pain in the *. and booking the room you want is more more more painful.

I did not plan anything. I just did a quick search on the website and I was like "OMG OMG it is available, do you believe". I was so surprise, because, it is very difficult to see that a $500 room is available. Seriously, the hotel is almost fully booked up to years.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Look like I need a lot of luck. Meanwhile I will book 'not so nice' room type first.

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Hey Mcliew, I stayed at Porto Paradiso room Partial view last Valentine. I booked from the website few days before I stayed.

As LizCatMom mentioned above. Booking a room at Miracosta is like... pain in the *. and booking the room you want is more more more painful.

I did not plan anything. I just did a quick search on the website and I was like "OMG OMG it is available, do you believe". I was so surprise, because, it is very difficult to see that a $500 room is available. Seriously, the hotel is almost fully booked up to years.

Look like I need a lot of luck. Meanwhile I will book 'not so nice' room type first.
    If you cant get your wanted room, try to call the reservation center. They have more rooms than online. If you book through reservation center, you dont need to secure your credit card, so it is the good point. Also, please try weekday, and when they dont have room available, ask them the next and previous days. Tell them to find the available day for you. I mean, you can do anything by asking them directly, so it's better to call rather than book through website. ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Thumbs up Re: Hotel MiraCosta

Noted with thanks!
    If you cant get your wanted room, try to call the reservation center. They have more rooms than online. If you book through reservation center, you dont need to secure your credit card, so it is the good point. Also, please try weekday, and when they dont have room available, ask them the next and previous days. Tell them to find the available day for you. I mean, you can do anything by asking them directly, so it's better to call rather than book through website. ^_^

I was looking at the Disney Hotel booking site and what I found is that if you only look at hotel room availability, they are pretty much all booked (or more acurately not available). For the same day, same room type, if you look at the package deals (room + extras like park tickets, free FPs, dinner shows, etc), there are a quite few rooms available. So it appears that, I think, they are reserving those rooms for package customers at the reservation open time, then when package deals are not booked closer to date, they will be released to room only customers.

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    I was looking at the Disney Hotel booking site and what I found is that if you only look at hotel room availability, they are pretty much all booked (or more acurately not available). For the same day, same room type, if you look at the package deals (room + extras like park tickets, free FPs, dinner shows, etc), there are a quite few rooms available. So it appears that, I think, they are reserving those rooms for package customers at the reservation open time, then when package deals are not booked closer to date, they will be released to room only customers.
    Not quite sure if this is true. but it sounds true. But I found that package deals are mostly Tuscany and Venice sides.

Anyway, I found that after this Golden Week, the rooms are mostly available from May 6th with lowest price. So anyone wants to stay in this hotel, should book now.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Hi guys! Thank for all the info and sorry for the late reply (Forgotten my password).

I keep seeing people talking about buying FP and I thought FP is free? How can I buy additional FP?

Thanks!

Hi Duyanh92,
    I am checking on Trip Advisor about staying between Disney hotel and Disney official hotel and surprise to see your name there (Sheraton Grande). May I know how easy and how time consuming is the process? Free luggage transfer?

I am planing to check in to official hotel the day before to the park. The next morning check-in to Disney hotels and utilise the early entry privilege. Then the last day move to official hotel again to save money.

Thanks in advance!

Oh that was great that you read my review. I've stayed at many hotels but didnt write any review. I should start to write it now right? :P

and yes, luggage transfer between official hotels and Disney Hotels is free and I remembered it was very quick. When you check out, just tell them you gonna move to that hotel and they will process it for you. If you want to save time, you can bring the luggage from the room to the lobby and handle to the bell service. Can you get the early entry privilege on second day? Why dont you do 2 consecutive nights for official hotel, and 1 night for Disney hotel?

Hi Duyanh92,
    I am checking on Trip Advisor about staying between Disney hotel and Disney official hotel and surprise to see your name there (Sheraton Grande). May I know how easy and how time consuming is the process? Free luggage transfer?

I am planing to check in to official hotel the day before to the park. The next morning check-in to Disney hotels and utilise the early entry privilege. Then the last day move to official hotel again to save money.

Thanks in advance!

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Oh that was great that you read my review. I've stayed at many hotels but didnt write any review. I should start to write it now right? :P

and yes, luggage transfer between official hotels and Disney Hotels is free and I remembered it was very quick. When you check out, just tell them you gonna move to that hotel and they will process it for you. If you want to save time, you can bring the luggage from the room to the lobby and handle to the bell service. Can you get the early entry privilege on second day? Why dont you do 2 consecutive nights for official hotel, and 1 night for Disney hotel?
    Yeah.. helping people like me.

1st day I will be staying at official hotel. 2nd day MiraCosta, 3nd and 4th day Disney hotel 5th days official hotel again.

This way I get early entry for my 4 days visit to the parks. And take the shuttle direct to airport the fifth day. I also no need to rush from the city to the resort to check-in at MiraCosta early in the morning. The only thing I am not sure is I will do 2 days DisneySea 2 days DisneyLand or 3 days at DisneySea as I visited Disney Hong Kong before.

When will you visit the resort???

It seems that you have 5 days at TDR, so you can hope the park easily. I usually spend more time at DisneySea than Disneyland.

Please be sure that check in time at Disney hotels are 2.45p.m. If you check-in earlier, they gonna give you a room key, and it wont work until 4.30p.m... I think you will waste a great amount of time from moving between the hotel. But again it doesnt matter cuz you have 5 days. Haha.
    Yeah.. helping people like me.

1st day I will be staying at official hotel. 2nd day MiraCosta, 3nd and 4th day Disney hotel 5th days official hotel again.

This way I get early entry for my 4 days visit to the parks. And take the shuttle direct to airport the fifth day. I also no need to rush from the city to the resort to check-in at MiraCosta early in the morning. The only thing I am not sure is I will do 2 days DisneySea 2 days DisneyLand or 3 days at DisneySea as I visited Disney Hong Kong before.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

When will you visit the resort???

It seems that you have 5 days at TDR, so you can hope the park easily. I usually spend more time at DisneySea than Disneyland.

Please be sure that check in time at Disney hotels are 2.45p.m. If you check-in earlier, they gonna give you a room key, and it wont work until 4.30p.m... I think you will waste a great amount of time from moving between the hotel. But again it doesnt matter cuz you have 5 days. Haha.
    How many days did you visit the park and what type of ticket(passport as they call) did you bought?
    I plan to buy 4-days ticket but it mentioned in the website: "Tickets may be purchased for the period of your stay at the hotel only."

I will be visiting Tokyo this October. I will do early check-in and go straight to the park and let them handle my luggage. I don't want to waste time but I guess check-in/check-out won't take much time? I will be check-in before the park open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast