• Minion FOREVER!

Ushio : tasty Hamamatsu-style Okonomiyaki in Roppongi

Here's the web review for this Okonomiyaki place in Roppongi.

They feature both Hiroshima and Osaka style Okonomiyaki as well as Hamamatsu-style which is vegetarian. (Hamamatsu is a town known for the Yamaha Piano factory; closest major city is Nagoya).

We had the Hamamatsu style, Osaka style and a "Modern" style. The Osaka style was cooked very well and I thought that the Hamamatsu style was good, but my kids thought that it tasted funny and went back to theirs. :-)

If you're in the neighborhood defintely worth trying. esp. if you're tired of the "regular" okonomiyaki or want to try something different.

???????????????????????????/????? ???? - ???????????????? (sorry, Japanese only, but address at bottom).

It's north east of Roppongi-station on Roppongi Dori. It's on the south side of the street.

Very friendly and have English menus (w/ pictures).

Google Maps
    Last edited by nish221; 01-10-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added URL to map of location

Re: Ushio : tasty Hamamatsu-style Okonomiyaki in Roppongi

Was it outstandingly good? Or normal good? I'm Japanese so I've had my share of Okonomiyaki. If it was great, I may stop by next Spring. :-)

• Not here to help

Japanese food is THE BEST in the world. French fancy chefs move aside, Japan rules.
    The place looks great... might try it next time Im in town.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    Was it outstandingly good? Or normal good? I'm Japanese so I've had my share of Okonomiyaki. If it was great, I may stop by next Spring. :-)
    I'm pretty picky about my Okonomiyaki, too. (I'm nikkei).

I thought the Hamamatsu-style is very good/nearly great. But this is dependent on if you like takuwan. (That's the only reason why I don't give it a "great")

Their other okonomiyaki are IMHO just normal good (for Japan). It beats US Okonomiyaki (that I've had) by a huge margin. For example, their "hiroshima" style isn't as good as the one I had at the Okonomiyaki-mura in Hiroshima, but if I want Okonomiyaki and I'm in Roppongi, I'll go there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Nish!

Takuwan?! Very interesting.